Apple Music has now surpassed Spotify's user base in the US.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I already own virtually all of the hip hop music I want though. Why would I pay a monthly fee to listen to music I already own (in some cases on CD, cassette and vinyl)?
I do see the appeal for genres that I don't care about owning...but something I'm passionate about, I want to own it.
your comparing apples and oranges
this is about digital music not physical copies
why buy an mp3 that cant be sold
not tryna even sell people on buying a subscription
I dont pay for any music service myself but the concept makes perfect sense

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:russ:, the anti streaming crowd came in real quick. I ain't against cds completely. But they take a lot of space, and I ain't trying to buy an album for 2 songs that I like on it. With streaming, I can access content that I can't purchase, and access content that is related to what I like on the fly.

Even then if you just don't want to listen to anything new or/and listen to your personal collection, you can upload those CDs and stream that too.
have alot of cd but they are pointless at this point
the fukk i look like having a portable CD player or having a CD book in my car :mjlol:
I do still cop vinyl

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
:russ:, the anti streaming crowd came in real quick. I ain't against cds completely. But they take a lot of space, and I ain't trying to buy an album for 2 songs that I like on it. With streaming, I can access content that I can't purchase, and access content that is related to what I like on the fly.

Even then if you just don't want to listen to anything new or/and listen to your personal collection, you can upload those CDs and stream that too.
When I'm at home I just stream from youtube, when I'm in the car I keep the radio on. Most of my favorites are copied from CDs onto my computer.

I have enough access to free music to were paying makes no sense. :yeshrug: