AOC... what’s the deal

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She's only in support of those things because she hasn't gotten to the point in her political career where she has to start being pragmatic and making concessions.
What you're saying is, if you were a Senator you'd be a grovelling bootlicker without a backbone - so you assume she should be too?

I see her moving a lot more like Adam Clayton Powell Jr. than like whatever "pragmatic" centrist clown you take on as a model.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
- Getting money out of politics (only grassroots campaigns and donations not from corporations)
-Reducing emissions and funding clean energy alternatives to reverse climate change
- taxing the rich the same as lower class or more
- catering toward citizens over corporations in policymaking
-making politics accessible to normal people
-pro palestine (i think)
- people over profit

:ehh: Just this should be enough for people to at least listen to her

all of that would help people overall

she’s young, opinionated and popular with young people of all colors :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you tell me any impactful policy she's introduced that has actually been implemented? Her political career thus far has been nothing but proposals and feel good rhetoric. Acquiring the kind of political power necessary to initiate change always requires compromises. And often times those compromises come at a 'moral' cost. She's not at the point where's she's had to make those tough choices. Once she is, you'll see more negative coverage around her outside of a few Repubs being rude to her.
This nikka actually typed out this shyt like the Senate hasn't been GOP controlled since she got into office :dead:
They've blocked everything from the Dems :deadrose:
I beg y'all - just pick up The Hill, or go to a government website, read a book, watch PBS - *something.*

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The points you're making are wrong - there's no reason to argue ad nauseum about obviously elementary concepts. I majored in economics in undergrad - but I also didn't get caught in freshmen year orthodoxy and bothered to apply some of what I learned.

Some of the best economists and sociologists have pointed out how wrong you are over the last 100 years - I don't need to parrot their talking points endlessly - :mjlol:
You said "real-world experience" like you've actually implemented a local policy for wages :dead:
At least I can say I've worked in local government in undergrad - where we watched the minimum wage experiment in Seattle -
Minimum Wage Increases and Individual Employment Trajectories

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Real world as in I actually invest in money and business to know how an economy works. I also used to build financial models for investors aka I put my MONEY on the line instead of talking outta my ass.

But hey, you got that USG experience to fall back on. Hold on to that, it'll get you elected to AOC's cabinet when she becomes President in your latest fantasy.
And she still won't let you touch it :umad:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This nikka actually typed out this shyt like the Senate hasn't been GOP controlled since she got into office :dead:
I beg y'all - just pick up The Hill, or go to a government website, read a book, watch PBS - *something.*
It's called reaching across the aisle. You have to give something to get something.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
What you're saying is, if you were a Senator you'd be a grovelling bootlicker without a backbone - so you assume she should be too?

I see her moving a lot more like Adam Clayton Powell Jr. than like whatever "pragmatic" centrist clown you take on as a model.
I don't understand emotional, low IQ posters like yourself. Why are you so angry? This is a discussion board. We're having a discussion. Why do you need to insult me to make your point?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Can you name any meaningful policy implemented in this McConnell senate majority since Obamacare? Stop trying to insult people's intelligence with these pitiful strawmen. Passing legislation takes two whole elected bodies and you're boiling a 1 term congresswoman's career down to whether the racist clowns in the Republican party like her :mjlol: you sound like a hater

In real life she instead stuck to her guns in spite of your advice. Her haters donated millions to both her opponents and she blew them out.

Instead of compromising on those positions her influence and endorsement has helped more newcomers with those exact ideals win seats as well
Torres, Bowman Represent Changing Of The Guard
BLM activist Cori Bush wins in Missouri, becomes state's first black congresswoman
Bernie Sanders is done but his fans in Pa. keep winning primaries

Furthermore she and all her allies retained their seats
All 4 members of 'The Squad' reelected to House - CNNPolitics

Your advice sucks, thank god she didn't listen.
A hater? I asked for policy and you're posting more feel good symbolic nonsense.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. Dude shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how popular she is and what she's popular for in the first place.
A hater? I asked for policy and you're posting more feel good symbolic nonsense.
garden-spade-01.jpg

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's called reaching across the aisle. You have to give something to get something.
Reaching across the aisle is how you end up with the ACA instead of an NHS; or a Voting Rights Act with expiring sections; or any other toothless policy that fails to cover its actual goal.

Bullying is the only thing that can get real policy with teeth through. LBJ, FDR, and Nixon bullied good policy through - they didn't wait for the other side to eat it up and spit it back out.

Daps
The sheer amount of people on this site that don’t understand how government works but love to speak as if they’re an authority on it blows me away

Daps
Anyone taking about working with republicans hasn’t been paying attention at all the past decade. That automatically disqualified you from the discussion. If you’re still trying to work across the isle you’re gonna get half ass policies that result in another trump being elected or worse an actual intelligent fascist.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
- Getting money out of politics (only grassroots campaigns and donations not from corporations)
-Reducing emissions and funding clean energy alternatives to reverse climate change
- taxing the rich the same as lower class or more
- catering toward citizens over corporations in policymaking
-making politics accessible to normal people

-pro palestine (i think)
- people over profit

is the bolded ever going to be possible in america?