AOC tells DCCC fundraising coalition to go f-ck itself

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I read it when it was posted on this site last year.

The IDC operated in NY state government. Their power sharing antics has absolutely nothing to do with the DCCC, it's members paying dues to it, protesting it's rules, or trying to unseat members of your own party.

You asked why I called it emotional babble.... You're talking about state politics :francis:
I'm giving you NY state govt/IDC as an example of democrats who do not deserve support just because they have D next to their name. I'm giving you NY state as an example because AOC was on the front line of those battles against state senate incumbents and also AOC was on the front line against DCCC in her own primary.

AOC is operating under the same blueprint that was used to oust NY state senate. Just because they are members of your own party in name only doesn't mean they deserve her money/support. DCCC has refused to support number of progressive candidates in 2018 who came very close to winning, under the guise of those races being unwinnable.

Last edited:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I'm giving you NY state govt/IDC as an example of democrats who do not deserve support just because they have D next to their name. I'm giving you NY state as an example because AOC was on the front line of those battles against state senate incumbents and also AOC was on the front line against DCCC in her own primary.

AOC is operating under the same blueprint that was used to oust NY state government. Just because they are members of your own party in name only doesn't mean they deserve her money/support. DCCC has refused to support number of progressive candidates in 2018 who came very close to winning, under the guise of those races being unwinnable.

I think peoples concern and rightly so is that it isn’t scalable

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My personal brand of tactics and strategy is more subversive and secretive so when AOC does this stuff, no matter how much I may ever agree, it rubs me the wrong way.

Storming the front door isn't always the best move.

Sometimes its best to move silently on the inside and have people wake up one day wondering how you made it to the top.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Her goal isn’t to turn blue seats red.

let’s see how this pans out
In the end we'll see. But right now it seems the only path progressives have is to flip blue seats in liberal strongholds. :yeshrug:
no doubt. That’s the only places ppl like her can win. But without moderate democrats, the vast majority of seats that are flipped for us to win the senate or house wouldn’t be held by dems.

She has NO platform that will be heard. Her opinions would be entirely irrelevant, without moderates, yet she keeps poking the bear.

moderates put in the work in order for ppl like her to have a voice that matters, then she stabs those same ppl in the back.

:camby: fukk off aoc. Go do that shyt yourself then.
Because those Dems aren’t representing their constituents and don’t want to change shyt

You realize the Dems she’s trying to unseat are in blue districts? Just like AOC knocking off Crowley. Which means a Republican isn’t winning there
I just see democrats in the South and Midwest getting slaughtered my whole life and when I hear progressive media sources from Brooklyn or LA or SF railing about how they need to go farther left and that people just "aren't hearing the right message", I just scratch my head at how insular they are.

Republicans are a real thing, and they're REALLY good at running. They're all on message. They cater to white people. THATS IT. You can't do that as a democrat.

They really and truly are out of touch and don't have a grasp of non-major-city democrat dynamics.

This AOC shyt wouldn't work in like 75% of the country IN places already controlled by democrats.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
My personal brand of tactics and strategy is more subversive and secretive so when AOC does this stuff, no matter how much I may ever agree, it rubs me the wrong way.

Storming the front door isn't always the best move.

Sometimes its best to move silently on the inside and have people wake up one day wondering how you made it to the top.
nah Kumar, your personal brand of tactics and strategy is to surf Twitter 16 hours per day, post 100 times on the Coli and tag 1,000 people, yet 80% of your posts recieve not a single dap

your death would enrich the world

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nah Kumar, your personal brand of tactics and strategy is to surf Twitter 16 hours per day, post 100 times on the Coli and tag 1,000 people, yet 80% of your posts recieve not a single dap

your death would enrich the world
Invest those analytics skills in an actual career and you'd make more than minimum wage. No wonder yall are fighting for $15 so much.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I 100% support this. :ohlawd:

People talking about it not being scalable....what you fail to realize is that the DEMOCRATIC PARTY as it exists is not sustainable. If the neoliberals had their way it would lead to the destruction of the world both economically and environmentally. Yes, the Republicans would destroy it faster, but what good does it do to cape for a failing solution just because someone else fails even worse?

If we want to save society we have to change our way of doing things dramatically sooner or later. I vote sooner.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I 100% support this. :ohlawd:

People talking about it not being scalable....what you fail to realize is that the DEMOCRATIC PARTY as it exists is not sustainable. If the neoliberals had their way it would lead to the destruction of the world both economically and environmentally. Yes, the Republicans would destroy it faster, but what good does it do to cape for a failing solution just because someone else fails even worse?

If we want to save society we have to change our way of doing things dramatically sooner or later. I vote sooner.

In a two party system with only Republicans to gain by the left’s loses and as they become further entrenched I’m not sure what’s to be gained

we’re probably better off waiting for demographic changes

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In a two party system with only Republicans to gain by the left’s loses and as they become further entrenched I’m not sure what’s to be gained

we’re probably better off waiting for demographic changes
2016 was the biggest L the Democrats ever took and it happened BECAUSE they went with Clinton and the tired old corporate establishment route. Before that Bill Clinton went super-conservative midway through his presidency and all that bought the dems was a decade of losing. Bush's Iraq failures and the economic crisis briefly handed the Dems huge wins and then instead of taking it to the establishment they propped up the banks and shytted away their lead. People don't vote because they know the Democratic Party doesn't hardly do shyt for them. Doubling down on the same failed policies is NOT the way to go.

You wait like that, then people like Pelosi get entrenched in leadership and even when you gain power you're stuck with the same failing policies. Pelosi can't last much longer, you really want her replacement to look like her and be the one running things for the next 20+ years? If you don't fight for change now then you're not in the least prepared to take advantage of anything when you get power, nor have you given the people any vision for what you will do with power except the same shyt that has been failing since 1981.

The Republican party keeps getting hijacked by its ideological radicals on damn near every issue (guns, taxes, abortion) and yet it keeps pulling wins out of its ass. Tea Party surge and the Trumpist surge have barely touched their overall electoral pull. They win because their devoted voters are super energized and loyal, while the biggest potential dem bases (minorities and young people) literally don't give a fukk because they don't trust the party.

I trusted Obama in 2008 because I thought his experience as a Black man in American and the liberal game he talked would lead him to govern differently than any Dem before him. Instead he came into power with a huge majority and immediately went for the bank bailout, the car company bailout, and the ACA - all of which were designed to basically entrench existing systems in place. Were they better than the status quo? Yes. Did I support them? Yes, because rejecting legislative improvements creates too many negative incentives going forward. But the truth is that when Obama had his big majority all he used it for was cementing the same fukking financial system in place, the same fukking gas-guzzling car companies in place, and the same fukking corporate health system in place.

And that shyt is going to kill us all.