Anytime you hear the words "first black.." in politics you notice a trend.:mjpls:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
First Black President
overview-Barack-Obama.jpg

First black vice president
harris.jpg

First black supreme court justice
Thurgood-Marshall-LIFE-e1438877951772-260x170-1438877989.jpg

First black governor
330px-Wilder1.image.jpg

First black mayor of an american city
Stokes%2C_Carl_B..jpg

not sure what they all have in common?:mjpls:

Anyways i digress, just made this thread to give congrats to Virginias first black congressman

230217-virginia-jennifer-mcclellan-mn-1615-a36dd5.jpg

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Clown shyt, OP
People try to act like colorism in politics isn't a thing. not saying they wrong, just seems like a wild coincidence to me if it is.
also before you get angry, I'm not saying black people are responsible for this, seems to me like white people don't wanna vote for darker complected individuals. they see light skinned people as more intelligent and trustworthy

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I don't think this is a bad take necessarily

Colorism in politics doesn't seem that far fetched. Considering mixed black folk were propped up earlier on as an easier to digest form of blackness for white audiences. Considering politics is primarily about optics seems like it may have some validity.
I'm not quite convinced of either side though so I'd like to see how the proof and evidence plays out in this thread.

Though it doesn't seem like it infringes on the upward mobility of dark skinned folk. A door opened for black people is still a door opened for black people regardless of shade no?

Last edited: