Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The English accent wasn’t nearly as bad as I’ve heard on legit English shows (shows that were produced for and by the UK).

Have you ever watched Top Boy? Utopia? Luther? Misfits?
Never had a problem understanding Utopia.
Haven't seen the others.

I think my issue might be that they are muttering quickly, rather than the actual dialect.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Can someone familiar with finance explain what is Rishi's job/purpose at the firm?

He's on the sales desk but not a salesman, more of a "gatekeeper" role. Does he do some type of risk assessment? I remember on her first sale Harper had to convince him to accept her trade and they argued over four or five basis points. I assume that was the firm's commission out of the "half a yard"?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

I like this show and think it has potential season 2 is great news.

But am I seriously the only guy that thinks this show is a hot mess? They NEED an experienced scriptwriter next season if not a new showrunner.

They irreparably destroyed Harper's character for me.

What is a Rob Spearing?

Eric is irredeemable.

Daria gone.

Gus gone.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
all the white dudes look identical :heh:

this is the first tv show where i watched a whole season and I didn't know any of the character's names. :dwillhuh:

Just finished this. I really had a lot of trouble keeping track of who was who and understanding what was going on with the more "soap opera" aspects of the show.
It's weird...I feel like I was "hate watching" the show, but I watched the whole thing in 3 days. So I guess on some level I kind of liked it?

People keep comparing it to Billions, but I wouldn't compare it to that. To me it was more like the movie "Boiler Room", except it was set in a major corporation instead of a "Wolf of Wall Street" scam company. In a weird British soap opera world where everyone is kind of gay and on huge amounts of drugs, and where sexual harassment isn't a problem until out of nowhere the plot decides that it's a problem.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone familiar with finance explain what is Rishi's job/purpose at the firm?

He's on the sales desk but not a salesman, more of a "gatekeeper" role. Does he do some type of risk assessment? I remember on her first sale Harper had to convince him to accept her trade and they argued over four or five basis points. I assume that was the firm's commission out of the "half a yard"?
I think he's the actual trader. The one that actually executes the trade. If you watch billions he's kind of like the character Mafee. Mafee would execute trades that Bobby axelrod or dolla bill presented.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
. Binged watched this shyt.... yo how fukkin stupid is this chic? was her braids too fukkin tight? they told this bytch to shut the fukk up about the 50k... and wtf does she do? run her fukkin mouth... bytch pissin me off.. ok rant done... im on ep 7... ill continue and come back later to this thread