Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
perfect breakdown. I felt exactly the same way. Harper was supposed to be this strong character that wanted to win at all costs. The episode where she fukked up the trade was perfect. And it endearing her more to Eric was natural. All for her to just sell him down the River the very next episode and just turn into this directionless character for the rest of the season felt wack. And the random drastic decisions she started to make felt weird and inconsistent too.

Yasmine is my type of white woman tho... :takedat:
I would have mushed the shyt out of Harper if she fukked up my threesome like that...
I don’t think Harper threw Eric under the bus. Well not 100% on purpose. I think it’s more that she got played by Daria who really didn’t give a shyt about Harper and just wanted to move up in the company.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I don’t think Harper threw Eric under the bus. Well not 100% on purpose. I think it’s more that she got played by Daria who really didn’t give a shyt about Harper and just wanted to move up in the company.
Both are somewhat accurate. Daria let Harper play herself so that to open up a Managing Director vacancy. And Harper is a nonsensical character that's random, toxic and prone to lashing out.

I mean really, Harper can maintain the stress of lying about her transcript but she can't keep a secret regarding her only rabbi?

Or at least think about how Eric could spill the beans in retaliation?

It's baffling, and a tell tail sign of a woat first time showrunner.

I wish I had a rabbi like Eric at my workplace.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Last two episodes were great

I swear they had me sweating and full of anxiety as if I was about to have meetings with those higher ups:sadcam:

On some real shyt, I haaaaaaaaate when a boss comes to you out of the blue and is like "hey how are you? Great. Can you come up to my office around 3 today so we can discuss something:mjpls:"

And you try to gauge what it is but they are non-committal and vague on some "oh something came to my attention and I'd just like to have a chat about it:mjpls:But not here. Continue what you're doing and just stop by at 3:smugbiden:"

And then you have to spend the rest of the day wondering if it's good or bad:francis:

These last few episodes captured that anxiety several times over and had me on edge:lupe:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m from London and I work in a financial brokerage so this shyt is very relatable to me. Ol boy coming into work wired off the coke is regular. Shorty gettin sent to get lunches, regular. Done well to portray the city and the life so far.

I’m intrigued.

Also, first time I seen Juntao since Juntao :russ: that’s the nikka right there

I just watched the first 2 episodes, so I'm not going to read beyond the first page yet.
But I came here to see if there was anyone familiar with the world in which this takes place.

Here's my question:
How realistic is the dialog/accents/way of speaking shown on this?

Because this is the first UK-based show that I've ever seen where I can barely understand what anyone is saying half the time. I'm not going to say that that I'm an expert on UK shows, but I've watched a lot of the shows that they used to show on PBS over the years like Blackadder (seen every episode), Dr Who, the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, plus newer shows such as The Crown, Taboo, all the Harry Potter movies, etc. I've never ever had a problem understanding English people on TV before, but THIS show sometimes has me hitting rewind and I feel like I'm missing at least a piece of every conversation.

Are they using some kind of modern regional London accent that rarely gets put on television? Or are they just speaking so much faster than every other English show that I'm having trouble keeping up? It doesn't sound like some kind of exaggerated dialect, but I'm having trouble following it.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This bish lost $140,000 :dead: stop being greedy....you could’ve had $10,000 profit, $15,000 profit or even $20,000 after you fukked up in the first place but nah shorty had to be on some other sh*t.

Edit: She got lucky :ufdup:
That was probably my favorite episode. That scene when the market started to turn in her favor then quickly fell had me like :lupe::lupe::leon::ooh::krs::gladbron::dwillhuh::merchant::why::mindblown:

Daps
I just watched the first 2 episodes, so I'm not going to read beyond the first page yet.
But I came here to see if there was anyone familiar with the world in which this takes place.

Here's my question:
How realistic is the dialog/accents/way of speaking shown on this?

Because this is the first UK-based show that I've ever seen where I can barely understand what anyone is saying half the time. I'm not going to say that that I'm an expert on UK shows, but I've watched a lot of the shows that they used to show on PBS over the years like Blackadder (seen every episode), Dr Who, the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, plus newer shows such as The Crown, Taboo, all the Harry Potter movies, etc. I've never ever had a problem understanding English people on TV before, but THIS show sometimes has me hitting rewind and I feel like I'm missing at least a piece of every conversation.

Are they using some kind of modern regional London accent that rarely gets put on television? Or are they just speaking so much faster than every other English show that I'm having trouble keeping up? It doesn't sound like some kind of exaggerated dialect, but I'm having trouble following it.

The English accent wasn’t nearly as bad as I’ve heard on legit English shows (shows that were produced for and by the UK).

Have you ever watched Top Boy? Utopia? Luther? Misfits?