Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
OK cool. if that's the case, I'll be watching this again.

I want to see another 2-3 seasons of this show. Now, I'm up to episode 5 and I guarantee you there's no way this is getting a season 2. There are lots of problems, that could make the argument why commision a second season when you can start fresh with a new series with different, experienced showrunners.

One main problem I have is characters from previous episodes showing up or meeting up with or main cast without the process being shown to the audience it's either abruptedly told at the beginning of episode or the meet just happens with the conversations or decisions shown off screen.

Even if the BBC puts it's weight behind it when HBO reduces it's stake the DNA of the show will change to only accommodate British viewers.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I want to see another 2-3 seasons of this show. Now, I'm up to episode 5 and I guarantee you there's no way this is getting a season 2. There are lots of problems, that could make the argument why commision a second season when you can start fresh with a new series with different, experienced showrunners.

One main problem I have is characters from previous episodes showing up or meeting up with or main cast without the process being shown to the audience it's either abruptedly told at the beginning of episode or the meet just happens with the conversations or decisions shown off screen.

Even if the BBC puts it's weight behind it when HBO reduces it's stake the DNA of the show will change to only accommodate British viewers.

Thanks. I was leaning on kicking this but was gon give it 1 more shot. But screw it. I aint losing out on nothin

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Finished the season. Overall it was nothing remarkable, a good-ish show but that's not exactly hard to find these days. Still, if it gets a second season I'll probably be watching, I'm interested in the subject matter if nothing else.

Surprisingly, out of all the newbies I found Robert the cokehead to be the most likeable - getting coke blown in his ass by another man notwithstanding. His bond with his boss was well developed in the last episodes, and using his mentor's wisdom to save himself on RIF day was the best wrap up out of all the character arcs, even if it was a bit cliched.

"Adler liked him" - isn't that how it happens in real life?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Started the season with intrigue and now the only character I don't hate is Robert, and even then he fukked over Greg because it was his turn to give a fukk and he did not give a fukk. I absolutely despise Harper, in every other episode I could say the showrunners made her hold the idiot ball, but
they destroyed her character in the final episode.

This series is riddled with problems that clearly displays the showrunners either needs to gets got or HBO/BBC needs to handcuff an experienced screenwriter to them. One of the problems is scenes and intros just happen out of nowhere.

Characters abruptly change their personality and then revert back a couple scenes later.

It feels like they're trying to make Robert/Harper/Yasmine a Lucas/Sawyer/Brook analogue but it utterly fails because all the characters are shallow and devoid of color.
This feels like a self-contained story in a way, the way Greg, Gus, Daria got sacked I don't know where they go for a season 2. Although, the production companies are a UK based one and BBC Studios so it adds more weight that as long as UK views are good it'll get a renewal. So I have an incentive to watch BBC2 now.

There is absolutely no way this gets a second series but if it does I'm watching it in a similar vein as Riverdale.

Finished the season. Overall it was nothing remarkable, a good-ish show but that's not exactly hard to find these days. Still, if it gets a second season I'll probably be watching, I'm interested in the subject matter if nothing else.

Surprisingly, out of all the newbies I found Robert the cokehead to be the most likeable - getting coke blown in his ass by another man notwithstanding. His bond with his boss was well developed in the last episodes, and using his mentor's wisdom to save himself on RIF day was the best wrap up out of all the character arcs, even if it was a bit cliched.

I found the relationship between Rob and Clement quite good, easily the best in fact.

I wanted Eric and Harper to be the Harvey and Mike of this show but that ain't it.

Life has always been a matter of luck and the ability to capitalize on it. Rob faked it for life 2-3 sentences and convinced the head boss to keep in that £100K job. It's wild but it wouldn't happen if that guy wasn't randomly sitting in on the interviews. In a way Robert owes Harper his career I mean if Harper wasn't dumb enough to get probed by Daria and facilitate Eric's firing, then Boss man wouldn't have been in that interview room.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i see some hate in this thread. but i really like billions and i prefer this to billions. its easy to focus on thead honchos of banks, firms etc. but the fukkery really happens with the young guns/managers/mf who been in the same position for decades. So i find it a little more entertaining because its a little more relatable. (i know people who have worked at these places and partied with them and heard their stories and worked at sales places with this same exact environemnt).
i really fukked with the move harper pulled at the end. i felt she was being used by that other girl at teh desk to get Eric up outta there. i dont think eric meant harm by locking the door. but that may be my male privlege showing. i feel like the other girl was way more malicious throughout the season in comaprison to eric. especially in regards to harper. if i recall correctly didnt she start the season off saying harper got the job because of her being a minority or nah?

if this is picked up for more seasons i would like to see an experienced writer kind of lead the way. create an end game. because there is tons of potential there but i always felt watching that if there were tobe more season there wasnt any goal in where teh show was going. part of it just felt like a day in the life

Last edited:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I was wrong, I'm on episode 8. Show is really good, borderline exceptional. Again, I doubted HBO and it backfired. I hope to God they get a two.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
On the 4th episode right now. I love all of the investment banking stuff but it's the interpersonal stuff between the characters that's been a bit lacking for me.

I'm far more into the professional relationships between the youngins and their seniors in the workplace than I am the youngins once they are away from the office, like the hooking up and or bickering/young adult angst. I'm super into Yasmin trying to overcome being the salad girl, and Robert realizing he's a mediocre white man failing upwards, and a super competent Gus getting into it with various higherups. But most of all, I love the relationship dynamic between Harper and Eric and Daria. But I can do less of Gus being bussy whipped over that cac, or the will they won't they shyt between Robert and Yasmin.