Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
They’ve definitely been following her but we can assume that she’s had a hand in them following her because she loves the attention masqueraded as her being “annoyed” and anguished by it.

You gotta have some kind of established relationship with the paps because how will they magically know it’s you calling and rush to your location and likely miss out on a bigger fish they’ve been stalking.

Either way, Pierpoint should’ve put her on leave the second this mess with her dad started to become public knowledge.
She’s not tipping them off.
The one time she called in a tip she wasn’t actually calling as herself; it was an anonymous tip.
And she did it because they were already on her ass.

They would show her calling the paps on herself if that’s what she’s doing.

They know here because her father was a wealthy man who is now embroiled in a financial scandal, and those girls took pix of her on the boat and sold them to a tabloid; that’s when everything got crazy for her.

She would want anonymity dealing with a situation like this.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Ain't been able to catch live in a min but fucc it, ball up top.

Harper The Wolf :wow:

you-sending-the-8e05be0406.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
obviously it's a soapy show, and the drama is needed, but on the topic of friendship, part of maturity in friendship is understanding your friends weaknesses and forgiving them, in a way that most people don't. it turns into a back and forth, when it could have been a simpler convo of like "I'm sorry that went down like that, how can we fix this"

and yas could have been like you fukked me on this but were there for me when it really counted. This isn't worth the friendship.

I disagree. They're certainly friends but I don't think Harper's motives were as pure as that. This is someone who views virtually everything through a lens of personal career advancement at any cost, who constantly uses friends to whatever end she needs. She will do anything to avoid sitting with her thoughts. Sure she helped a friend in need, but she also maintained a relationship with a potential client, made herself invaluable, and maintained ACCESS to a wealthy heiress. A relationship she maintained until it was time to sacrifice Yasmin months later. I'd imagine in her mind she thinks Yasmin can just get another job, or settle down. But she's done similar shyt to people who aren't inheriting money.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
HE JUMPED IN THE FUKKING OCEAN:wtf::wtf::wtf:

“Do you want to turn around?”
“Did anybody see you?”

Harper the fixer :wow:
Yet Yaz was so flippant to mention her 'Genetic Issues':mjpls:

...Petra Yuppie smug self just using the brains of the operation to get richer too:hhh:

Harper should be flag entering any other financial institutions, but since it's TV I hope everyBODY come begging to her when PierPoint goes belly up:ufdup:

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Then words that her dad said to her are going to hunt Yas 4ever more than his dead body ever could. Every time somebody tried her like a "link in bio" girl, I know she'll hear his voice calling her talentless lol. Then you turn around and give Leviathan/Harper the list to set everything in motion? Tsk tsk, Yas lol.

Don't know what power move Eric thought he was about to enact barging into The Wolf's office like that. Should've paid attention to my baby Sweetpea, goofy mf :mjpls: .

Speaking of which, she played herself too :francis:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The fact that they live together and Harper had to walk in on Yas right after Eric just read her the riot act & proved her dad's words yet again :mjlol: .

Harper still too impulsive low-key tho. Throwing that half ass rehab info out there after being backed against the wall.

Jesus Christ, that last scene between Harper/Yas. Everybody was gettin' sum Gucci Mane "Truth" this episode but this took the cake
full

Harper to Yas:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yaz and her Perverted Pops relationship was riveting enough without the overboard incestous sick FUKKERY:ehh::scust:

Last edited:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Why's everyone on Yas's side? She let her dad die and has the audacity to lecture Harper on morals?

If I lost my shyt job that I don't deserve where my boss just sexually harassed me so that my friend could make millions I'd be like: "you better cut me in :stopitslime:"
Because it’s a pattern with Harper
The scene with Petra where she tried to pull the rehab card and ended up with egg on her face shows it all. She is ALWAYS looking for an angle to cut somebody down because it’s all she knows. And that will be her downfall.

Between that, and overhearing the argument Harper had with Eric you can tell that Petra is going to get what she can get out of Harper and throw her to the bushes because you can’t rely on someone like her long term.

Every character has their lessons to learn in this show (so far Rob is the closest of the main bunch) and Harper thinks she hit rock bottom getting fired but the way she is alienating everyone rn will be her real rockbottom

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I disagree. They're certainly friends but I don't think Harper's motives were as pure as that. This is someone who views virtually everything through a lens of personal career advancement at any cost, who constantly uses friends to whatever end she needs. She will do anything to avoid sitting with her thoughts. Sure she helped a friend in need, but she also maintained a relationship with a potential client, made herself invaluable, and maintained ACCESS to a wealthy heiress. A relationship she maintained until it was time to sacrifice Yasmin months later. I'd imagine in her mind she thinks Yasmin can just get another job, or settle down. But she's done similar shyt to people who aren't inheriting money.

Motives I don't think are always pure. You can have pure friendships, with less pure motives or actions within that friendship or relationship dynamic. If I am aware enough to know the benefit of an action, is it impure? Not to me. but I agree with what you are saying, she knew. but also, she played that as close as possible, she didn't talk about it with anyone. She didn't threaten blackmail. She didn't as far as we know seek special treatments from Yasmin. She just backed her friend up and cleaned up the mess.

but like you said, what the show excels in, is just showing these people as human as possible. It doesn't stack the deck for one character to be good, and another bad. That fight at the end was painful. I don't see a right and wrong, I see two complicated people.

also, the show is probably softly nodding to class/socioeconomic tension, in how we perceive things. Harper has the lower status chip on her shoulder, it colors her worldview, I relate to that some level too. Yasmin has the elites worldview, and values things like friendship and loyalty, because the rest is (or was) all taken care of. Her world is secure. People like Harper are out of blood, because they see how cold the world is.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The episode where they use 070 Shake Nice to Have

Season 1 e3 maybe, Harper stands up, as an intern or whatever, at a dinner and says to Kenny "you don't talk to her like that"

Now, is she messaging for Eric, who doesn't want quiet and nice? trying to connect with Yasmin? actually bothered by Kennys behavior? probably all three.