Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Another banger ep. What a fukking run.

First I gotta play Eric defense force...he's fukked up, but I don't believe his intentions there was to pursue Yasmin. There's a theme throughout the show about old men trying to impress younger women in a variety of ways and while that played a role...to me Eric was using her as a therapist again. It's less about young women and more about men who use women for emotional support. And he also thought this was cool because of the last time he did it a few eps ago when they were doing coke with the lawyer. But, to get to what Harper was saying...Yasmin needed something from Eric at that time and played along. Whereas this time she didn't need shyt from Eric.

I feel like Yasmin is at the firm in part to prove she's not just a rich girl spending her dad's money, but also to find the next rich dad whenever she's ready to transition to that more domestic life. Henry's unclear clearly saw it, hence that phone call scene. The game seems pretty clear to him: marry Henry, have a son, secure the family line etc. I think the photos of her dad were leaked to basically just change the story and prevent the murder rumor from gaining traction.

Back to Harper...I don't think she gets away with this. Everything is being set up for a down fall. Will it be Pier Point, or Eric, or Yasmin, etc? Perhaps but Harper's position seems pretty shytty. Petra can get rid of her at any time. Not to mention the fact that going to that firm to talk to Daria and Kenny seems weird....why would Daria want to help Harper, and why would Kenny (potentially) want to hurt Yasmin? I don't think that's gonna work out the way Harper wants it to.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Great analysis but I read the Eric scene as 100% him trying to seduce her, as clumsily as it went. Then he was so turned on he had to go masterbate when she said that. He was off the rails. The pressure from this whole run over the last 6 months, he lost his wife, staring down the barrel of a lay off at Pier Point, hitting the alcohol and coke a little too hard.

when he says "as unexpected as you know. (that I want you)..." that's the line lol

and that writing was excellent too. What do you want? Is this sex? is this sex to you?

I've had those days too, sober, when the pressure is coming from everywhere, all of the sudden, trying a longshot with a a subordinate doesn't seem like a big deal, when the bank is going under anyway. So you call the girl you always ignore, because you aren't sure where you stand. Or you strike up convo with the beautiful woman you always bump into. The stakes are way lower when an existential threat is looming.

The show has been hinting at that all season, hinting isn't even the word. Rishi saw it. Eric asks Rob...."so..uhh what are you and Yasmin"

Last edited:

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The emotional turmoil and terror of this episode. The banging on the door that starts it. That viscerally sickening argument between Charles and Yas, and ending with Harper and Yas. "you're still hard". enough that when I came in her mouth it was like a bull . Those shots of the sunset and the yacht. That mindless kind of EDM music playing with that chaotic fight and the stunning background. what a scene. The green industry over the yacht sailing away.

the way you look at me

Didn't know Nikki Beach was like a international Nobu type of thing, these girls I know always talking about Nikki Beach Miami but that's the only one I know. it's probably my intense attraction to those types but Yasmin isn't talentless and isn't that dumb. And conversely, Harper isn't some souless sociopath. If you been around real money guys, they are all ruthless in their own way. and Harper always stood up for Yasmin. That's how they connected.

"he was feeding me cocaine and talking to me like I'm one of those link in bio girls"

going to cover the Eric Yas scene later.
I think they're off the coast of Spain, like Ibiza or southern Spain (Malaga) where there are other Nikki Beach locations besides the one in Miami. The captain and crew spoke Spanish dialects.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think they're off the coast of Spain, like Ibiza or southern Spain (Malaga) where there are other Nikki Beach locations besides the one in Miami. The captain and crew spoke Spanish dialects.

right. there's one in Mallorca too, have been to that island. Was thinking Italy, and that the accents were Italian, but that could be wrong. The way she said bueno. That's spanish, you are right.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yup. It’s like St Barts…that’s where the rich rich girls party, and where the rich rich guys fly or sail chicks to.

The way Yasmin and Harper have been handled over 3 seasons really sets the show apart. There is no attempt to put them on a platform or create perfectly diverse characters. They are deeply flawed in drastically different ways. But there’s no question that Harper was in the wrong here. The meeting scene at Pier Point with them alongside Petra and the accounts guy reminded me of Fredo in Vegas. Yasmine is just completely oblivious.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
obviously it's a soapy show, and the drama is needed, but on the topic of friendship, part of maturity in friendship is understanding your friends weaknesses and forgiving them, in a way that most people don't. it turns into a back and forth, when it could have been a simpler convo of like "I'm sorry that went down like that, how can we fix this"

and yas could have been like you fukked me on this but were there for me when it really counted. This isn't worth the friendship.

The incesteous nature of this cast has been their undoing and it’s claiming them one by one.

Turns out they were destined to cannibalize one another.

Yas only got put on because of the perception that her dad was still balling but everyone knew she’s an idiot. She can’t feel some kind of way that Harper aka The Riddler was going to pull some supervillain shǐt. But Yas can’t land on her feet like Robert and fail upwards.

Wouldn’t shock me if she leaked those autopsy photos the same way she’s been tipping the media off to her whereabouts and making to seem like she’s that much of a big deal to be stalked by them.

Again, why are all of these bozos living in the same house?

And Eric feels the Titanic teetering so it was smart to pull the plug on Yas. She brings nothing to the table.

Gotta love the exchange with her and Harper in the end to see who could put shīt talk each other. Slapping each other like they were ready to pull pistols in a damn duel. Only difference is that Harper is a bit more deranged — or at least plays the role somewhat well.

That euro trash version of Always on Mine during the credits kinda slaps LOL

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The incesteous nature of this cast has been their undoing and it’s claiming them one by one.

Turns out they were destined to cannibalize one another.

Yas only got put on because of the perception that her dad was still balling but everyone knew she’s an idiot. She can’t feel some kind of way that Harper aka The Riddler was going to pull some supervillain shǐt. But Yas can’t land on her feet like Robert and fail upwards.

Wouldn’t shock me if she leaked those autopsy photos the same way she’s been tipping the media off to her whereabouts and making to seem like she’s that much of a big deal to be stalked by them.

Again, why are all of these bozos living in the same house?

And Eric feels the Titanic teetering so it was smart to pull the plug on Yas. She brings nothing to the table.

Gotta love the exchange with her and Harper in the end to see who could put shīt talk each other. Slapping each other like they were ready to pull pistols in a damn duel. Only difference is that Harper is a bit more deranged — or at least plays the role somewhat well.

That euro trash version of Always on Mine during the credits kinda slaps LOL

Tipping them off? She only did that once to help the Lumi deal.

The paps are genuinely following her

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tipping them off? She only did that once to help the Lumi deal.

The paps are genuinely following her

They’ve definitely been following her but we can assume that she’s had a hand in them following her because she loves the attention masqueraded as her being “annoyed” and anguished by it.

You gotta have some kind of established relationship with the paps because how will they magically know it’s you calling and rush to your location and likely miss out on a bigger fish they’ve been stalking.

Either way, Pierpoint should’ve put her on leave the second this mess with her dad started to become public knowledge.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My guy Eric going out bad this season :snoop:. That BS he was trying to kick to Yasmin, only to get chewed out :damn:and reduced to masturbating in the stall. Barging into Harper's job to unleash some anger, to get hit with the family failing kill-shot by her :deadrose:

Yasmin being seen as an object of desire by practically all the men she meets, even her father to an extent :hhh:

Desperate to prove her worth, only to get played by Petra and Harper and to find herself out of a job :wow:

To her credit, Harper didn't immediately go to selling out Yasmin when Petra pushed, but she can be the monster that is required to get the job done

:demonic:

Industry continues to rock the current TV championship belt.

Every man in this show is beyond weak and when you have 4 foot 11 inch Harper sonning you, it’s obvious that you’re a bĩtch

Literally the only dude showing some kind of male energy this season is Yasmin’s dead pops. Dude had zero issue getting topped off in front of her like it was apart of his daily routine.

Robert has seemed sedated all season, Kenny is Eric Jr and Rishi is a loan shark’s dream client.

And it’s nuts that Harper is about to take down a legacy firm like Pierpoint. Some lazy ass writing by the show runner. Suddenly the Pierpoint cast offs join together to destroy the company that didn’t want them anymore.