Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I used to hate Robert for falling upwards but he's doing better than almost every main character. His losses always turn into wins.

And how does the EU regulate with financial institutions. :mjlol:it should've never got to the point where a Jr sales rep would need to take the fall.

And how much these ppl make. One bytch got an OF. Robert got holes in his home. Yasmin got roommates.... I thought they were making 6 figs
Breh I was gonna ask wtf is Robert doing with his money?! Why is his house falling apart??! 🤣🤣🤣

He’s a sweetheart for letting the girls live with him, tho. He really is a good guy. 🫤

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to hate Robert for falling upwards but he's doing better than almost every main character. His losses always turn into wins.

And how does the EU regulate with financial institutions. :mjlol:it should've never got to the point where a Jr sales rep would need to take the fall.

And how much these ppl make. One bytch got an OF. Robert got holes in his home. Yasmin got roommates.... I thought they were making 6 figs

I hope the show ends with him hanging from Tower Bridge :manny:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-they soundtrack hit every time
-yasmin should change her name to Sweetpea
- big corporations ain't shyt. fukk or get fukkedover
- that "don't look in the mirror " advice is real
- Brit humor is different mane

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Need the music too. Been writing down songs here and there from the episodes, but I need the real one. Not a 200 song playlist from Spotify.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's what we were having that convo last week or so about salaries. Also, London is an insanely expensive city to live in at a high level. It's wild. It's like NYC and LA with a euro prestige plus Emirates feel.

Yas, Rob, Harper had to be like in the 100-150k range. Probably I underwrote Eric, but he's at like 500? Someone like Adler a million and up.

Do third year employees make 250k? That doesn't seem right to me, if you aren't like that Ali guy with his accounts.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Breh I was gonna ask wtf is Robert doing with his money?! Why is his house falling apart??! 🤣🤣🤣

He’s a sweetheart for letting the girls live with him, tho. He really is a good guy. 🫤

What made him think buying a house was a good idea in an industry that would figure a junior employee like him with no hesitation if one of their big clients jumped ship?

I get that people in the UK only get paid once a month but he’s not making use of the people around him that have real money, like the old chick. Now she’s gone and you know she didn't leave him a dime.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Tbh Robert using some of the half a million Clement left him in his will to buy a house was on the surface a good idea.

Robert is from working-class roots, guess he wanted a fixer-upper lol

Not sure why he has to make things harder for himself.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Shows how everything is just rigged for THEM unless you willing to sell your soul like that UK Sista and become their puppet:ld::lupe:
That was also sad to see, but it’s an honest depiction of how some of us “make it” into those circles. And as you said, she’s a puppet. She’s a tool used for their bidding and nothing more so hopefully she won’t get too comfortable and actually gets what she wants out of the deal.

Truth is as messed up as it is, as long as she plays her cards right she has effectively moved her family forward by getting in bed with these guys.

And what’s crazy is that if he had stuck around and played the game Gus would certainly be in the mix :wow:
She didn't sell her soul. Shorty is a out and out Tory. Remember, gus worked with her last year when she was an MP. She is a proper true believer, just like Gus is a true believer.

The only person who don't really believe in this is Rob, and he has managed to fail up.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

London is one of the most expensive places to live in the world. Especially the spots they want to live.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
-they soundtrack hit every time
-yasmin should change her name to Sweetpea
- big corporations ain't shyt. fukk or get fukkedover
- that "don't look in the mirror " advice is real
- Brit humor is different mane
Its funny that SweetPea is what Yaz really is like sexually, but also a lot more competent than Yaz at her job. :russ:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Think Rob also was renting rooms to Yas and Harper, for either a small profit or no rent. As a favor to both, when Harper lost her income, and Yas lost her Dad's assets.

and Harper left, Yas probably defaulted in her current state, and the house is falling apart.

and he's going broke, paying for all of it. He tells Nicole something like that.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Aurore is a master strategist. She lined Gus up perfectly, managed to play him, get what she wanted, no exposure, and no real losses, while moving her own scheme down the line. She essentially says that's politics. and Gus says I'm not cut out for this.

but yeah she has been selling the conservative with a conscience brand.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
It's funny each time we saw Aurore in a season she had a new government brief. Which meant she was moving up each time.

Slow steady progress with some very powerful friends behind her.

You don't become Tory leader without it. As they are old school ruthless.

Look at Kemi Badenoch she could be the next leader of the Tory Party.