Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Now, I can’t lie, this is actually……kinda legit.

These ppl close ranks and mix/mingle amongst each other. But the circle is much larger than what is shown on this show.

And they do a terrible job showing the expanded circle.

Pierpont has a NYC office but you never really see that side and there’s like 25 other legit high level European cities that seem to not exist even though they are all within reach. You would think London is in Australia based on how they moved.

Real talk, if I was a Pierpoint employee you’d only see me at the office and then I’m out because the entry into staying afloat in the so called in crowd is doing coke, letting someone berate you, you berating them and then possibly having to sacrifice your booty hole just to make sure your job is safe :dame:

And there ain’t any guarantees there because these bootleg financial gurus are mediocre traders at best — and it shows. They are constantly at the mercy of the market yet somehow can’t manipulate it.

Which is why Robert better get what he can out of being around these British elites. He’s failing upward right before our eyes. Within 2 weeks his old bītch dies, he gets cooked in a live hearing yet he gets rewarded for being a bumbling idiot.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Seems like Pierpoint was having some charity day and a bunch of kids were there taking pictures and shyt.
Yeah I got that there was a children investment thing, but you can hear Rishi shouting profanity on the floor so I doubt there were actual kids there.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Shows how everything is just rigged for THEM unless you willing to sell your soul like that UK Sista and become their puppet:ld::lupe:
That was also sad to see, but it’s an honest depiction of how some of us “make it” into those circles. And as you said, she’s a puppet. She’s a tool used for their bidding and nothing more so hopefully she won’t get too comfortable and actually gets what she wants out of the deal.

Truth is as messed up as it is, as long as she plays her cards right she has effectively moved her family forward by getting in bed with these guys.

And what’s crazy is that if he had stuck around and played the game Gus would certainly be in the mix :wow:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I got that there was a children investment thing, but you can hear Rishi shouting profanity on the floor so I doubt there were actual kids there.
I think I remember in the background of a scene, maybe when Eric and the PR woman were talking upstairs, you could see people taking pictures with little kids in front of a blue background.

Rishi wouldn't care if there were kids there :pachaha:

Edit: You're right, no kids.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
That was also sad to see, but it’s an honest depiction of how some of us “make it” into those circles. And as you said, she’s a puppet. She’s a tool used for their bidding and nothing more so hopefully she won’t get too comfortable and actually gets what she wants out of the deal.

Truth is as messed up as it is, as long as she plays her cards right she has effectively moved her family forward by getting in bed with these guys.

And what’s crazy is that if he had stuck around and played the game Gus would certainly be in the mix :wow:
Being a gay black guy on the show and in real life, he was better than them, that's the point.

I've already seen him in a few movies besides Alien Romulus and there's more coming

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Being a gay black guy on the show and in real life, he was better than them, that's the point.

I've already seen him in a few movies besides Alien Romulus and there's more coming
Oh- I mean, I understand why the actual actor is gone- he’s off to bigger and better things!

I just meant the character. This new circle is where he was supposed to be.

Daps
I'm more confused than usual. She name dropped the government, resigned, now she's smiling drinking champagne :mindblown:

giphy.gif

Corporation 99 Type Beat

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He IS in love with her, the way I read their scenes. It's just too painful or too much for him to cross that line. He's relieved when she walks away in that phone call scene because he doesn't have to face his own feelings. If you have an intense sexual connection plus romantic feelings plus a intimate caring friendship, that's really heavy. You can feel like you are spiraling out of control. Henry saw it right away when

A) he knew her well enough or cared enough to comment on her "mental headspace"

B) gave Henry good advice, rather than just joking or ignoring her, because he cares about her

edit: again in the bed, he turns away from her

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

This shyt is actually tragic as fukk because if he were more open and firm with her, and if she realized and worked through her daddy issues, they would actually be able to have a healthy relationship.

His mommy issues make him seek validation from women, her daddy issues make her seek toxic men who only value her sex appeal, and she doesn’t show any depth beyond her sex appeal and fun personality.

The Ayahuasca trip changed his perspective and helped him find himself. Yasmin hasn’t gotten there yet.

That’s why he told her Henry would take care of her and that he’s her type, and that she’s going to marry a man like her father. She hasn’t done the work to recognize the damage her father did and how that affected her approach to men and dating.

Even when her dad called her on her shyt…like, that’s your daughter. That’s what you raised her to be. There was no depth in her upbringing.
People mock girls like this, but it isn’t really your fault. Lol

Obviously as you grow up and go through things in life you will probably go through some experiences that will knock you into reality, but she was a sheltered rich kid whose parents didn’t pour into her.

So she’s missing out on real connections and shutting down when shyt gets real (finding her dad’s body) because she doesn’t know how to deal with those emotions and situations.

Plus she proved how foolish she was when she peed on Henry in the shower. Ol boy is playing mind games with all these chicks to prove he can get them to do what he wants. As evidenced by how embarrassed she was when it was revealed at the gathering.

This episode…was a lot, not gon lie.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I used to hate Robert for falling upwards but he's doing better than almost every main character. His losses always turn into wins.

And how does the EU regulate with financial institutions. :mjlol:it should've never got to the point where a Jr sales rep would need to take the fall.

And how much these ppl make. One bytch got an OF. Robert got holes in his home. Yasmin got roommates.... I thought they were making 6 figs

Last edited: