Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You’re right, but the treatment of Yasmine shows that the women were probably right and shyt has been happening to women for a while.

Yasmin was totally mistreated by Kenny, and their boss basically inferred that if she was a “team player” he would back her.

Multiple young women had to take it on the chin to get employed.

Nah- the women knew they had a legitimate case with Harper— that was why they were pressing her.

Right, 100%

but Sarah and Dara were no more pure hearted than anyone else, they just happen to be women. That's what makes the show so good.

They wanted to use Harper to push out Eric and assume his role and team. It was an absolutely legit claim, just as Venetias was. It's just who wanted to use it for what purpose.

Erics behavior was out of control per any office lol - shirt off, baseball bat, locking Harper in the room

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I started my career at a top financial firm, and this is how it plays out in real life with the women in high positions. They’re just as ruthless if not more. The true sharks would have that ruthlessness, but cover it with a patina of femininity tailored to the male-gaze .
One of the MDs was this modelesque blond that was sharp as a tack. The male seniors knew not to cross her unless they wanted to be swimming with the fishes Luca Brasi style
🤫 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫 :youngsabo:
Some don’t embrace the fact that this is actually the best and most natural way to play to win.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Right, 100%

but Sarah and Dara were no more pure hearted than anyone else, they just happen to be women. That's what makes the show so good.

They wanted to use Harper to push out Eric and assume his role and team. It was an absolutely legit claim, just as Venetias was. It's just who wanted to use it for what purpose.

Erics behavior was out of control per any office lol - shirt off, baseball bat, locking Harper in the room
I guess my point isn’t that Sarah and Dara were more pure-hearted; it’s that Eric legit did something wrong to one of his staff members. They didn’t cross that red line. HE did. So they had a legitimate reason to get him out of there 🤷🏾‍♀️

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I guess my point isn’t that Sarah and Dara were more pure-hearted; it’s that Eric legit did something wrong to one of his staff members. They didn’t cross that red line. HE did. So they had a legitimate reason to get him out of there 🤷🏾‍♀️

but that's the nature of the game, is what I am saying. That was an opportunity to get him out and install Sarah.

it's both things. that's why the show is so sharp.

and also Harper herself caught it, that they were using her. to burn her mentor.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
but that's the nature of the game, is what I am saying. That was an opportunity to get him out and install Sarah.

it's both things. that's why the show is so sharp.

and also Harper herself caught it, that they were using her. to burn her mentor.
Yea.

And Harper also got burned by that same mentor one season later and went looking for a job at Dara’s new firm.
:manny:

Life comes at you fast. Shoulda kicked Eric to the curb

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yea.

And Harper also got burned by that same mentor one season later and went looking for a job at Dara’s new firm.
:manny:

Life comes at you fast. Shoulda kicked Eric to the curb

That underlines the whole show

"no one owes anyone a tomorrow"

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
For a sec I thought a cocaine threesome was about to go down, which would have been a disaster on multiple levels. Thankfully the writers didn't go for the low hanging fruit.

That flashback looked to be her dad fukked up out of his mind treating her like another jump off, not realizing it was her. I don't know.

We're in for a wild season. "I lost a client" = "old broad just dropped dead"

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
what was the song that played as Yasmin leaves the lords club and goes on the street and spits?

and the music right as she enters was dope. Swear you can't search for anything on the internet anymore the right way.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I do think the writing is that sharp, but don't want to sound like a fan fiction weirdo

the scene with Kenny and Eric was such excellent foreshadowing and underlying their relationship.

Kenny (somewhat softly, respectful) come over this weekend, the miss's is making chicken a la Eric (personal invite, intimate)

Eric: (much louder, showing his position of power) no, I'll take you out for omakase (makes his own invite, he's a leader)

Eric: at $380 a person that will kamikaze my wallet!! (references money, signals higher financial status)

which both underline his superiority and his status, the nature of those kinds of friendships, where no one can be really vulnerable or real friends, in a sense. Lots of male friendships like this. But the show kinda says that Kenny is actually genuine. He's done work on himself through sobriety that no one else has. Notice each time he mentions anything personal to Eric, it's close and under the radar. Doesn't even flex the personal relationship.

and then how coldly those English aristocrats gutted Yasmin and her Dad, hilarious. in front of her.

He says "Charlie Hannai, I was with him at UNI (school) he used to double park his jag in front of RadcliffeSquare

punched the air when he got his third (celebrated for coming in last
)...dangerously handsome......dangerously stupid"

Last edited: