Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
IIIIIIIII didn’t want to take it there, but that’s exactly what it looked like, especially after rewatching and seeing the preview for next week. When she walked in on him she promptly left the room and slammed the door —so that scene of him on top of her was a completely different scene.

Come to think of it, THAT might be why his ass disappeared off the face of the earth. Because he was high out his mind and attempted/did something to her! :ohhh:

ALSO- y’all notice when she went to meet Jon Snow, his uncle or whoever —Otto— basically implied since her father owed a lot of ppl money she needed go to his club to “grab a drink” with him and another man as a proxy for her dad? Essentially she needed to trade her body to pay off his debts.

Yo!!!!! She looked like she was going to have a panic attack in the middle of the street!

Don’t know if it’s a rape attempt by her dad but we’ll have to wait and see

I also didn’t read the scene at Snow’s mansion as that guy saying she had to sell ass. I think they’re going to use her to setup some illegal trades but once against n, we’ll have to wait and see

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trainwreck from opening to closing bell:huhldup:

...what was they implying with Yaz and her Perverted Sleazy Pops:picard:

Imagine fukking your Sugar Mommy to death:dame:

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Don’t know if it’s a rape attempt by her dad but we’ll have to wait and see

I also didn’t read the scene at Snow’s mansion as that guy saying she had to sell ass. I think they’re going to use her to setup some illegal trades but once against n, we’ll have to wait and see
That’s a good point. I get nervous whenever old men corner young women :francis: But yea you’re probably right lol

That scene with her dad was also fresh in my mind

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This show is so good. Seems to have even improved. The color schemes, the music, the acting. The writing. The deeper themes about the harshness of the industry and the world, by extension.

lol at the omakase reference, Eric makes, that's very on brand. Went to 5 myself last year, and read an article how it was becoming finance bro'd out

The costume and style. The sensuality and edges of sex and seduction, intimacy in so many of the scenes. The opening tracking shot of the yacht off Italy really sets the tone. The way the camera follows her. Not saying I have partied on a yacht exactly like that, but something like that. and that's exactly what it's like.

Her face looked exactly the way all the girls I know who stay up for days at a time look. The makeup was perfect for that drained and burned out look. Where you haven't showered in three days and are smoking cigarettes and sniffing lines all day, living out of your purse or some dudes spare bathroom supplies.

August is a good time for the show, as soaked in sex and desire and lust as it is. Need to run it back and will have more thoughts. Adler is a great character. Eric is on a sick one. Harper has been benched. Yasmin reminds me of my most intense type, dark, complicated, luxurious. Rob is tortured.

The sinister music and walk down to where the lords are playing handball in a dungeon. The contrast of Sir Henry down there vs the media one. Barely recognized him. Shirt off and super jacked, as opposed to the media friendly one. I caught that when the James dude said "Sir....that sounds so old fashioned"

"Pier Point god is that place still solvent" is a fukking hilariously condescending line, I need to use some shyt like that

those guys had some hilariously arrogant and malicious lines. The one dude telling her to come to their club.

"d'y know your father.....owes a lot of people a lot of money....including but not limited to our club.......so stop by"

need the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
"I'm a man and I'm relentless"

GREAT first ep. I could see someone complaining that the season will clearly be about another billionaire client and make comparisons but...the guy in S2 was rather eccentric and destabilizing, whereas this guy seems more complex/interesting.

Wild shyt with Robert. The funny thing is I thought that was gonna happen to Eric with the lawyer; he wakes up, she's dead and it fukks up the launch.
Ay hold on, I don’t think we touched on the fact that Rob is now in a relationship with Venetia, but he’s creeping with the woman who s3xually assaulted her! :whoo::whoo::whoo::gucci:

Yo I know he cared about her for real and everything, but Rob is a piece of shyt as well. You gon comfort her when she has flashbacks about what happened and then sneak off and creep with the abuser?!!

Like, none of these characters are redeemable :laff::laff:
That’s what makes this show so good.

This shyt really is like real life :mjlol::mjlol: gotdammit

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Also uh....are we sure Yasmin's dad is alive? If that flashback of him assaulting her is literal, perhaps she accidently killed him on the boat and got rid of the body later that night.

Yea the vague he’s been missing/ship can’t be found is suggesting that he’s dead

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Also uh....are we sure Yasmin's dad is alive? If that flashback of him assaulting her is literal, perhaps she accidently killed him on the boat and got rid of the body later that night.
Yeeeeea I heard that angle and never even thought about that!

If he really assaulted her this shyt is taking a dark, dark turn.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Maybe it's not a sexual assault but just him attacking her after she confronts him about the embezzlement or whatever.

yeah, the idea that he's dead is a good one. "taking the skiff and disappearing....cowards way out if you ask me" in front of his daughter was hilarious.

That guy, who plays Charles is so good. I know guys like that. They are charming and perfectly dressed all the time, and always quick with a laugh or another drink, but if they are challenged, by people beneath them, they will just lose it. My Dad is not all that different. Not that he's a serial abuser or womanizer, just has that kind of disposition on the world.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
missed the scene with Eric's daughter finding a gram in his pocket lol

little on the nose but effective in the whole of the scenes

The coldest lines of the series, what defines the show, and all of the harshest businesses, is "No one owes anyone a tomorrow" from Adler in S2