Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The look how they massacred by girl Harper.:francis: She playing an ass sniffer to some feminist narcissist, ivy league, lib cac....Yasmin bossin up to her like Harp didn't make her....sleeping with some pale irish cac she don't really fukk with....even the lights not respecting her name.

But that crazy still in her eyes. That big payback is going to be fire :banderas:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I do think the writing is that sharp, but don't want to sound like a fan fiction weirdo

the scene with Kenny and Eric was such excellent foreshadowing and underlying their relationship.

Kenny (somewhat softly, respectful) come over this weekend, the miss's is making chicken a la Eric (personal invite, intimate)

Eric: (much louder, showing his position of power) no, I'll take you out for omakase (makes his own invite, he's a leader)

Eric: at $380 a person that will kamikaze my wallet!! (references money, signals higher financial status)

which both underline his superiority and his status, the nature of those kinds of friendships, where no one can be really vulnerable or real friends, in a sense. Lots of male friendships like this. But the show kinda says that Kenny is actually genuine. He's done work on himself through sobriety that no one else has. Notice each time he mentions anything personal to Eric, it's close and under the radar. Doesn't even flex the personal relationship.

and then how coldly those English aristocrats gutted Yasmin and her Dad, hilarious. in front of her.

He says "Charlie Hannai, I was with him at UNI (school) he used to double park his jag in front of RadcliffeSquare

punched the air when he got his third (celebrated for coming in last
)...dangerously handsome......dangerously stupid"

Another juxtaposition between Kenny & Eric and even Yas too is therapy. Both Eric & Yasmin avoid going to therapy & outright dismiss it's validity whereas what you mention with Kenny shows the real work it did for him. It's little things like that where you get to see each character in what can seem like throwaway scenes or convos.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-who else though those were Harper's nipples in the beginning scene?
- Pierre point got that old MAGA cac talking cash shyt
- baby girl too precious to be going thru this with the paparazzi
-Damn they got my girl Harper doing office assistant work?
-Robert is a weirdo
- who parties on a yacht with their dad anyway?
-ol girls name ks really SweetPea?

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just started watching a few days ago on season 1, episode 6. This show fits into my Grey’s Anatomy theory

This show is the Grey’s Anatomy of Finance

It’s about young and/or attractive people at the navigating the demanding world of {insert whatever industry here} while dealing with interpersonal relationships with their colleagues and coworkers.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
V
Just started watching a few days ago on season 1, episode 6. This show fits into my Grey’s Anatomy theory

This show is the Grey’s Anatomy of Finance

It’s about young and/or attractive people at the navigating the demanding world of {insert whatever industry here} while dealing with interpersonal relationships with their colleagues and coworkers.
Yep. I said it was like real life for a reason. This is the shyt that definitely happens in the work environment :mjlol:

:sadcam:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
So I’m watching S2 again and I tooooootally forgot Harper and DVD slept together!!!

He was actually the only good person on the show :mjlol:
Actually Venetia also.

I wonder if DVD is showing up this season? Last we saw him, Harper watched as his pass didn’t work when he tried to enter the building. Eric, again, got the younger, talented person he considered a threat fired. Just like Dara.

I want to see what happens with him

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I’m watching S2 again and I tooooootally forgot Harper and DVD slept together!!!

He was actually the only good person on the show :mjlol:
Actually Venetia also.

I wonder if DVD is showing up this season? Last we saw him, Harper watched as his pass didn’t work when he tried to enter the building. Eric, again, got the younger, talented person he considered a threat fired. Just like Dara.

I want to see what happens with him
He'll either show up season 5 working at Chipotle or leading some team that Harper is trying to pitch to.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Season 1: Why did this dude eat his own nut at this girl's command? I would've fed it to her.

When Yas tried to start the threesome Harper should've said, "What about Seb??"

Episode 7: Didn't need to see breh's member

Episode 8: Starting now

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
My goodness, S2: E8, everybody catching bullets :picard:

Harper really ain't shyt

Trav