Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Season is off to a great start. I might have to rewatch to take it all in. So much things going on from the get go, Yasmin with her dead, Erik in his new role as a partner at the firm and as divorced fukk up in private... Haven't even touched on Robs dead client/sugar momma and whatever Harper is up to.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
giphy.gif

Mans said Eric was drippin’. Yeah, with ether. :wow:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
eric is a cold-blooded MF'er. that much is clear.

and what's the deal with robert? he has always seemed completely incompetent, but since he's a young white man, he continues to fall upwards.

One of the themes of this show is how everyone is using favors to get opportunities. Yasmin getting Harper her new job, Harper getting Gus the tutor job last season, Nicole probably got Rob with Snow....aka networking is extremely important in this industry.

The soundtrack on this show is top of the line. This, Insecure, and High Maintenance are the HBO’s holy trinity in that department, IMO.

Show put me onto Jamie XX and you can very rarely go wrong with British 80s synth pop:wow:

Shoutout the Sopranos too...the godfather of obscure music usage

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Damn I binged S1 again.

I’m still rooting for her to become a better person, but Harper is indeed a c*nt. I forgot she lied for Eric and got the white chick fired. That was her opportunity to help change the culture of the firm. Smdh

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Damn I binged S1 again.

I’m still rooting for her to become a better person, but Harper is indeed a c*nt. I forgot she lied for Eric and got the white chick fired. That was her opportunity to help change the culture of the firm. Smdh

but a lot of the way that was played was showing that those two women, Sarah and Dara were just as cold and ruthless as the men. They just got out manuevered, and were trying to use Harper to gain leverage, but they got out played. Dara comes back and she's cold as ice. They were talking diversity and inclusion, but look how they treated Gus.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that new girl fine as hell :whew:

Season starting off good. I knew they would find a way to keep harper in the show

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
One of the themes of this show is how everyone is using favors to get opportunities. Yasmin getting Harper her new job, Harper getting Gus the tutor job last season, Nicole probably got Rob with Snow....aka networking is extremely important in this industry.

Show put me onto Jamie XX and you can very rarely go wrong with British 80s synth pop:wow:

Shoutout the Sopranos too...the godfather of obscure music usage
Yeah, the music on the sopranos was also GOAT. You could imagine my surprise when I shazamed a song, and it ended up being a song by:

ghows-OH-5b95ad69-247b-6db8-e053-0100007fa3a2-dbbca763.jpeg

Only to find out, Sil’s a legit musician that has been playing with Springsteen since the beginning

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
but a lot of the way that was played was showing that those two women, Sarah and Dara were just as cold and ruthless as the men. They just got manuevered, and were trying to use Harper to gain leverage, but they got out played. Dara comes back and she's cold as ice. They were talking diversity and inclusion, but look how they treated Gus.
I started my career at a top financial firm, and this is how it plays out in real life with the women in high positions. They’re just as ruthless if not more. The true sharks would have that ruthlessness, but cover it with a patina of femininity tailored to the male-gaze .
One of the MDs was this modelesque blond that was sharp as a tack. The male seniors knew not to cross her unless they wanted to be swimming with the fishes Luca Brasi style

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
but a lot of the way that was played was showing that those two women, Sarah and Dara were just as cold and ruthless as the men. They just got out manuevered, and were trying to use Harper to gain leverage, but they got out played. Dara comes back and she's cold as ice. They were talking diversity and inclusion, but look how they treated Gus.
You’re right, but the treatment of Yasmine shows that the women were probably right and shyt has been happening to women for a while.

Yasmin was totally mistreated by Kenny, and their boss basically inferred that if she was a “team player” he would back her.

Multiple young women had to take it on the chin to get employed.

Nah- the women knew they had a legitimate case with Harper— that was why they were pressing her.