Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Maybe it’s just me but it seems Eric got Harper fired for the degree shyt to save her from going down to insider trading, not necessarily because he wanted Pierpoint to himself or because she would backstab him.

When she crossed that “big, red line” with Bloom, and didn’t want to take the ethical option Eric proposed, he knew she was too far gone and he had to save her from herself.

Anyway, this felt like a series finale to me. Hope I’m wrong but the main characters barely (if at all) have a connection to Pierpoint or to the “industry” at this point.

With Harper and Yas both at rock bottom professionally and financially, a spin-off with them leaning into their deceitful and manipulative ways to make a living would be dope.
I thought the same when he told her "I'm doing this for you"
When he said that I knew it was over for her. He did have to save her from herself. I'm sure the UK version of the SEC is not as weak as ours and would surely make an example out her for insider trading
Plus, he had to pay her back from when she fukked him over
In the meeting with the other shop, he said kids are the future, I'm just an added feature
meaning the kids think they know everything, but he's got all the game and experience in the world

I called out Rishi and Harper hate fukking, but not like this :snoop:

Great season, and there's been no announcement that I know of re: S3
:lupe:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
yes eric saw harper was self destructing, turning on everyone. He cares about her a lot actually. He just gave her the opp to finish school and try again instead of being done in finance forever whoch is what would have happened if she kept fukking with bloom.

Seem bloom played her and took gus with him instead as well.

The rob part i also thought was funny cause all these people think theyre special, and they all just toys to nicole. But she was right. This new generation are p*ssys. You go out drinking with people shyt happens, stop fukking crying about it. Especially mopey rob who has been a bytch all season. He literally turning to old boy with the blood stains on his shirt from his needle marks, without the drugs.

Yas is a fukking child

Rishi knew harper was fukking him, with the whole hey dad thing. thats why he fukked her.

Last edited:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I forgot: last week, they shouted out Kendall Roy
S3 crossover with the Succession CU: Harper goes back to NY, scams her way into another finance gig (cuz she never learns), and lands one of the Roys as a client (probably brain dead Connor)

:troll:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn:

honestly it all adds up to she really scared to going back to nj/ny wherever she from. this dumb bytch just needs to slap her white mom assuming her mom is white (i picked that up from posters in this thread) and move on with her life.

she has something but clearly just living life on the extreme edge to avoid whatever is wrong with her.

She from Upstate New York so she think she can try that grimey Griselda shyt with the bruvs.
She definitely got told NY was a no fly zone. :russ: Imagine how many people she fukked over.
Yaz really thought shyt was sweet after she told her pops she wants nothing to do with him? :why:
How you shyt on the person that owns the house you live in, runs the bank account you get money from?:stopitslime: You ain't put no money to the side:martin:

How you gonna tell the person that owns the place you stay that you want nothing to do with them and be surprised they don't let you in the crib?

Maybe it’s just me but it seems Eric got Harper fired for the degree shyt to save her from going down to insider trading, not necessarily because he wanted Pierpoint to himself or because she would backstab him.
Yeah, I think part of it is, you're gonna be blackballed and in jail in a year if you don't get your shyt together.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
yes eric saw harper was self destructing, turning on everyone. He cares about her a lot actually. He just gave her the opp to finish school and try again instead of being done in finance forever whoch is what would have happened if she kept fukking with bloom.

Seem bloom played her and took gus with him instead as well.

The rob part i also thought was funny cause all these people think theyre special, and they all just toys to nicole. But she was right. This new generation are p*ssys. You go out drinking with people shyt happens, stop fukking crying about it. Especially mopey rob who has been a bytch all season. He literally turning to old boy with the blood stains on his shirt from his needle marks, without the drugs.

Yas is a fukking child

Rishi knew harper was fukking him, with the whole hey dad thing. thats why he fukked her.

Bloom read the same thing about her that Eric did and Bloom probably read it when Harper first came to him talking about "welcome to the feeling".

Bloom would've got her into more shyt and isolated himself so she took all the blame...Gus is a bit smarter but even he let his guard down with the politician.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Good Finale

Yas pops was dropping that ether :wow:

You can’t try to check the person who is basically the CEO of your whole life/career. She doesn’t even have her own fukkin bank account lol

Harper is just the epitome of doing too much. It was only a matter of time before she met her fate. But now I wonder what happened in New York that has her so opposed to going there

Salute to Eric, felt like they were phasing him out early in the season and I was little worried about him early in the episode but he came back with a vengeance

Gus basically turned a tutoring job into a new job with the guy everybody was after.

Poor DVD, but he agreed to join Eric and Harper way too fast. He seemed smart but also a tad too emo. But feels like he has enough info to not go away quietly

I enjoyed this season a lil more than the first but not sure where it goes from here, part of it felt like a series finale.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Good finale, hope it ain't the end of the series because this season was great. Seeing Harper and Yas both get ethered for their behaviour was satisfying as hell. Especially Harper because she just keeps backstabbing and/or fukking everyone she meets.
Glad my man Rishi still got his job, dude is one of my favorite characters.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eric telling Harper something to the effect of "This is a young person's decision" was him telling her to really think the shyt through. Young people only looking at the short term, thinking they can't be touched. Her decision to keep going would've fukked over her and everyone else.

That's definitely when he realized she needed to go.