Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If they renew for season 3, they could do a timeskip and send a newly graduated Harper back at it....but I don't think that is where they would take it. If she's fired and has a permanent black mark against her in that field, I think they'll keep her as a disgraced banker.

There are other things Harper can do in a third season aside from working at an investment bank. She still is connected to a lot of characters, including Bloom, Gus, Yas, and DVD, and there are tons of careers in the money making "industry" that doesn't involve making trades that someone like her can transition into with the right connections. I can see this show exploring that stuff. Especially since she has the means to exploit her connections because of all of the secrets she can blackmail people with. I wouldn't be surprised if she finds herself on the buy side, working with Bloom at his hedge fund.

Last edited:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I def think this gets a season 3, tho. Harper still has the ear of a billionaire. Yaz still has a p*ssy. No way HBO cuts the cord on this now that it’s actually gotten really good. Although this wouldn’t be the first time they pulled some fukk shyt like that; canceling a show after following up a mediocre first season with a really good second season.

The second season was definitely better than season one but I could feel the novelty wearing off. I think the series, as a whole, is average and doesn't warrant a guaranteed third season. There's a reason it ain't been renewed yet. The ratings are poor. Down 50% in the 18-49 demo from season 1 and down 18% in viewership. I don't have the HBO Max numbers but I can't imagine it's that much better.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to get the poison out:wow::mjlol:
Something about that scene disturbed the fukk out of me. Maybe it was the way it was shot. I usually don't get affected by stuff like that but I was watching like "Ya'll are some scumbags" :birdman:
No way HBO cuts the cord on this now that it’s actually gotten really good.
HBO HBO wouldn't cut this.
Discovery HBO tho? I think we got a problem...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The second season was definitely better than season one but I could feel the novelty wearing off. I think the series, as a whole, is average and doesn't warrant a guaranteed third season. There's a reason it ain't been renewed yet. The ratings are poor. Down 50% in the 18-49 demo from season 1 and down 18% in viewership. I don't have the HBO Max numbers but I can't imagine it's that much better.

I could see it going either way at this point.

It doesn’t really have a lot of buzz and HBO is trimming a lot of fat. There are a lot of shows like this that get cancelled, like news room that honestly prob had a bit more of a buzz and big star power with jeff daniels.

This show is hard to recommened because they don’t really break down the finance talk into laymens for the casual viewer. Then for the more invested, they throw is overt raunchy sex scene and drug usage, so its almost tonally imbalanced. Its like, am I watching a serious show about the stock market or am I watching an edgy millennial workplace drama?

I think billions and succession kind of already occupy a lot of this space and they have more likable characters.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there hadn't been a new regime change at WARNERS, I would've thought this was guaranteed to get renewed. Now with the management change and ratings drop I'd say it's 50/50.

I personally think they should renew this, though.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Harper really is a soulless person. That bytch really tried to get Rishi fired and then fukked him the DAY before his wedding :hhh:

That woman has no damn shame at all. She uses sex like smoking a cigarette. Just something to take the edge off, then after she gets her nut she just goes about her business like nothing happened.

Eric had to let that bytch go because she was too damn reckless and if she wasn’t gonna get caught with that inside trading, she was gonna do something else reckless that will bring the whole firm down.

Harper really couldn’t get out her own way.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hated how the season started but episodes 4-8 saved it for me. Episodes seemed a lot more focused. Harper got the smoke she was looking for, but Eric did it for her own good.

She was going to get burned for insider trading and bring down the entire company and risk going to prison. Now she has a chance to disappear and salvage her career.

Gay ass Gus is tolerable when he’s not on that :dame: bucking.

Interesting take on the victims vs. volunteers angle. No one should be taken advantage of, but all those young punks wanted to play the game when it benefited them. Dude had the nerve to try and call out a “predator” after she bailed him out the pokey :heh: tried to bite the hand that fed him and realized he didn’t have any teeth.

I’m in for next season. Hopefully it gets renewed

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Finally caught up on the last couple eps and finished. Great ending, to the point I feel like it fits as a series finale. Dunno if this will be renewed with the new climate at HBO/Warner. Doesn't seem to be an expensive show but no matter how much sex they throw in, I'm not sure younger people are going to be engaged with a show so heavily rooted in investment banking terminology and plots. I hope it gets a third season but wouldn't be devastated if it's cancelled, due to how strong that season was.

I feel like everything was wrapped up well. The way sexual harassment and inappropriate work relationships weaved in and out of the season, with no on really being held accountable (yet), was very interesting. I've heard managers and execs say what Adler said about this stuff being something you can ignore or bury in a few months. It festered underneath everything and led to a lot of blowback. Yasmine's initial dismissal of the intern's concerns, followed by her reckoning with her mistake and making good on it - while also confronting her father and her boss - was amazing. Her now living with Rob, who took the exact opposite approach with his abuser...whew. Even Harper...man what a hole she's in psychologically. I'm not even sure what Dan said to her, about her being emotionally distant due to Nicole abusing her, is true. She used that to lure him to the meeting with Eric/Rishi like it was nothing lol.

And then of course that ending. The actress who plays Harper is amazing. The look of anxiety and terror she does in moments like this...man. I had a feeling she'd get fukked over eventually. Eric likely knew for quite some time and pulled the card at the last minute after exerting all her could get from her (ie his job back). But I also agree he did it to save her. She's on an insane downward path, it had to stop. I'm not sure where she goes now. Maybe Jesse brings her onto his team...but he already has Gus now so maybe not.