Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Hey, Harper

05776d9e-a19e-4ce7-8ab8-e3216d324352_text.gif

Bout time that backstabbing broad got got. Thought u was gon do Rishi like Daria. :umad:

Thought you could trust Eric after u got him shipped to Bolivia and then conspired to bring him back. :wow:

Yas getting put in her place. bytch u live in the basement of a 12 million pound flat and think u gon be out here making demands and shyt. U ended up on a desk that u ain't even apply to and u wanna pop shyt? :skip:

Pops changed them locks quick. Hit that bytch with the Lebanese Lockout. :russ:

I binged this shyt over the past week while I was out with COVID. It's amazing that I was able to finish both seasons with not a single likeable character in this show, especially the lead. Music is great tho. Sounds like the Stranger Things composers scored this shyt.

It's definitely not the "missing link between Euphoria and Succession." It ain't even Billions. There's no Chuck Rhoades or Bobby Axelrod, geniuses in their field, to root for. They try to build this Harper up like she's a Taylor Mason level savant. She's no Taylor Mason. I don't care how many characters say that she's great at her job. Show and don't tell. I don't believe that shyt. She's a scrambler. fukk Harper and her tootsie roll t*ts.

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Dumbass DVD. I knew he was toast when he agreed to help them. Moron tried to help out his ops :mjlol:

Yasmine has always intrigued me. I remember thinking to myself when I started the show, how would someone that comes from so much money, have so little audacity? Getting bullied by a bunch of fx execution monkeys? No risk taking attitude, no pomposity, just pure weakness, and this episode solved that mystery for me. She was deluding herself. Thinking, that, like her peers she had earned her way. Ignoring the fact that she was given everything, and lacked the hunger and the ruthlessness to get things herself. The scene with her boss was a scales falling off the eyes moment for her. I’d like to think her final scene with her skipping out on paying the bill, was her finally leaning into what she always was, an entitled rich kid that has always gotten what wanted. Finally playing to her strengths.

Eric’s chess move on Harper was a master class in Machiavellinism. Played the washed up MD, and then got her out of the paint when he regained his footing. He would have been a fool(aka DVD) to keep her there after all the snaking she did.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
swear i said earlier in the thread robert and DVD were the only ones i don't hate on this show...

they both fukked up :unimpressed:

i really thought robert really turned his life around... letting yas back in is a terrible mistake.

i didn't even have rishi on the list... but damn bro. :francis:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought she was bout to get fired for sexual harassing rishi...

i really liked season 1, i think building up all the characters to RIF from last yr really worked well in this season.

this was a step up though, i know the creators said they had real tv writers this time around.. i put it up there with house of the dragon/succession/barry as a premier HBO show. i wouldn't go 10/10 season because honestly the yas shyt still bores the fukk out of me.. but an 8-8.5/10 season. they on the come up..

probably not gonna get gifted stonks/crypto/covid telehealth shyt again for the actual finance part of the story, so will be interesting how they set it up next yr.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Rob back to his degen shyt :pachaha:

My nikka DVD:heh:stop simpin fellas. If a bytch lets you eat ass on the first date but won't kiss you, run! Even Rishi fell for that succubus

Everyone was getting backstabbed this episode :mjlol:
And Harper once again manages to backstab herself. She kept switching sides these last 3 episodes....shyt is borderline self sabotage at this point. I honestly this she just loves the fukkery. Even Eric eyed her like is this bytch crazy:gucci:

I wanted to see how DVD would react to his exit. nikka probably went into a local bathroom and cried.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted to see how DVD would react to his exit. nikka probably went into a local bathroom and cried.
:damn:

honestly it all adds up to she really scared to going back to nj/ny wherever she from. this dumb bytch just needs to slap her white mom assuming her mom is white (i picked that up from posters in this thread) and move on with her life.

she has something but clearly just living life on the extreme edge to avoid whatever is wrong with her.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
:damn:

honestly it all adds up to she really scared to going back to nj/ny wherever she from. this dumb bytch just needs to slap her white mom assuming her mom is white (i picked that up from posters in this thread) and move on with her life.

she has something but clearly just living life on the extreme edge to avoid whatever is wrong with her.

She from Upstate New York so she think she can try that grimey Griselda shyt with the bruvs. Her mother is definitely the white one cuz she told DVD that her mother came to the US from Hungary or some shyt when she was like 17.