Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
evil fukking bytches, rishi and DVD did nothing :pacspit:

Nah his dumbass trusted Harper. Dude is the Drake of finance... eating booty, simpin, and trusting horrible women.

. Ain’t no way in hell I’d go out on a venture with those three. I especially don’t trust Harper and Eric

Coffstradamus. :wow:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Eric’s chess move on Harper was a master class in Machiavellinism. Played the washed up MD, and then got her out of the paint when he regained his footing. He would have been a fool(aka DVD) to keep her there after all the snaking she did.

Facts. The only thing I couldn't figure out was why he didn't drop the insider trading bomb on Harper instead.

As for Yas, I'm glad she got sonned. I was surprised she only had average grades and went to a shytty school. I assumed she got good grades from a top university off her connections alone.

Two "good" guys (DVD and Rob) got caught up cuz of these insufferable bytches Yaz and Harper. I hope they learned a lesson.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I hope this aint the end of the show cuz idk how it bounces from here. Harpers done. Shes the main. I dont see how it continues in its current form.

This is why writers get paid. :yeshrug:

They'll find something. But whatever it is, I can't imagine Harper working for a financial institution in any capacity. Lying about a degree is a big black mark on her name.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it works like that. :dahell:

If I tell you some privileged information about my company that you use to make a stock play, I will still get in trouble, even if I falsified my way into being an employee of said company.
word... that's like saying *insert random* tech bro CEO can't commit insider trading because he dropped out of college to start his company or some shyt :mjlol:

SEC don't give a fukk about that. Harper needs to go to a non extradition country ASAP.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I don't think it works like that. :dahell:

If I tell you some privileged information about my company that you use to make a stock play, I will still get in trouble, even if I falsified my way into being an employee of said company.

For real like we supposed to believe that she was, what, working for 3 years as a paid intern? Doing deals and shyt? Getting bonuses and commissions? She gon pass that off as stipends?

And Pierpoint let her slide till she got her degree on some temporary licensure shyt? Ok, we'll let's see them transcripts in that 3+ year period while u were slobbing away in the hotel and getting ur dirty ass tongued. Oh, you can't brandish said transcripts? :ufdup: I wonder why. Cuz that bullshyt theory ain't gon fly. That's why.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Harper, look me in my eyes and tell me you didn't know :aicmon:

*demon looks him straight in the eye*

I didn't know :unimpressed:

He knew then what he had to do. Use her connection to Bloom to get himself back at Pierpoint, force her work visa to expire so he could send her back home, and hope she gets herself together and out of her spiral of backstabbing and criminal activity. He pressed the lesser button out of mercy for her, but she'll likely never see it that way.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real like we supposed to believe that she was, what, working for 3 years as a paid intern? Doing deals and shyt? Getting bonuses and commissions? She gon pass that off as stipends?

And Pierpoint let her slide till she got her degree on some temporary licensure shyt? Ok, we'll let's see them transcripts in that 3+ year period while u were slobbing away in the hotel and getting ur dirty ass tongued. Oh, you can't brandish said transcripts? :ufdup: I wonder why. Cuz that bullshyt theory ain't gon fly. That's why.
she was starting all her videos with "THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH" therefore she can't be held liable :blessed: :mjlol:

Daps
Joint went from so-so in S1 to one of my favorite shows on HBO. It’s on another level. I know Myha’la is blowing up lately, but please bring this show back.

Faxxxxx. HBGOAT does it again. :yeshrug:

Maybe it’s just me but it seems Eric got Harper fired for the degree shyt to save her from going down to insider trading, not necessarily because he wanted Pierpoint to himself or because she would backstab him.

When she crossed that “big, red line” with Bloom, and didn’t want to take the ethical option Eric proposed, he knew she was too far gone and he had to save her from herself.

Anyway, this felt like a series finale to me. Hope I’m wrong but the main characters barely (if at all) have a connection to Pierpoint or to the “industry” at this point.

With Harper and Yas both at rock bottom professionally and financially, a spin-off with them leaning into their deceitful and manipulative ways to make a living would be dope.

Def agree on Eric. He was saving her from the insider trading heat. I don’t think it’s a matter of absolving her, it just removes her from the hot seat as no one’s going to be looking into her role in that trade with her out the paint.

I def think this gets a season 3, tho. Harper still has the ear of a billionaire. Yaz still has a p*ssy. No way HBO cuts the cord on this now that it’s actually gotten really good. Although this wouldn’t be the first time they pulled some fukk shyt like that; canceling a show after following up a mediocre first season with a really good second season.

*pours out some liquor for How to Make it in America* :mjcry:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yaz still has a p*ssy. No way HBO cuts the cord
:mjlol:

full