Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
WOW just finished season 1 on this show
Its great reminds me of a smarter succession
Investment banker dialogue goes right over my head and the fukkery is crazy but I'm hooked

HBO renewed it for season 2

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

I stopped watching after girl executed rogue trade and didn’t get fired. Extremely unrealistic

Nah if you find friends in that industry and help make them money, you can maneuver around those kind of catastrophes.

I'm on episode 5 now. I fukks heavy with Eric. The problem I have is that I can't tell any of the white guys apart aside from the Irish redhead dude.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I’ve had plenty dudes eat the box with nothing in return. Y’all are simps, deal with it :manny:
tenor.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t realize Daria was the one talking shyt to Yasmine about Harper in the bathroom. Between that and the two of them shytting on Harper in that investor meeting that Eric sent her in on... she might’ve been in on the long game. Interesting. Either way, I’m in for season two. fukk Daria.

I liked the way they presented it. There was no right choice. If she went with Daria and the Indian chick, one....Daria didn’t like her, didn’t care she got assaulted, was saying she might not have a place at the firm and would likely find a way to fire her in the future especially if she ever found out she didn’t graduate college. And the Indian broad didn’t really care about her personally. She was just a tool to use for them to get Eric out. Now for Eric, he’s clearly an a$$hole. He treats his employees like sh*t. He did try to bribe Harper and then harass her over what happened in the meeting but, at the same time, Eric knows her secret about not graduating college and he gave her a pass because she made money. Now he can’t ever flip on her about it because he knew and did nothing.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Beat me to it.
Succession is fully aware that it's a comedy.
Industry is in denial about being a soap opera.
Industry just seems smarter
Dialogue is top notch
characters aren't stereotypes but more archetypes for different races and groups in the rat race

reminds me of wolf of wall street set in the UK

I love succession too but altogether it's not sure whether its a comedy or a drama half the time and the characters are definitely so emotionally all over the place its hard not to laugh at them even during serious scenes
Not a diss just a point of emphasis since I see a lot of people compare these two shows