Anyone watching "Industry" on HBO?

lib123

All Star
Daps
Nah if you find friends in that industry and help make them money, you can maneuver around those kind of catastrophes.

I'm on episode 5 now. I fukks heavy with Eric. The problem I have is that I can't tell any of the white guys apart aside from the Irish redhead dude.

Based on my industry experience, there's a nearly 0% chance a new hire (especially a Black woman) would get away with going rogue and making a trade like that.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Based on my industry experience, there's a nearly 0% chance a new hire (especially a Black woman) would get away with going rogue and making a trade like that.
What if it was to buy money in GameStop?
Es0lA2LVoAMdNzO

lib123

All Star
Daps
What if it was to buy money in GameStop?
Es0lA2LVoAMdNzO

Even if you make money, you'll still get fired if you go rogue because it can result in major legal liability and SEC fines. Big Bank traders are basically forced to take 2-week vacations every year where the Banks investigate if you've done anything fraudulent, profitable or not.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I just got finished with season, its entertaining. I work in the fin industry so it was nice to see of my coworkers portrayed as the psychopathic, pos they are.:russ: It unintentionally points out how this "culture" persists because of the new blood choses to continue and defend it. Even when the old heads are moved out the paint. See Harper, Hari and Yas.

I find it funny how there's running theme of the "culture" in this industry and hoe it marginalizes minorities and women yet gave the poster boy of this culture, Robert, the best character arc. We know why he the way he acts, we know what he desires (structure or someone to give him direction), we know what his future will be.

Them we have Harper:mjlol:Yeah, Rob may fell into a high paying job after showing his bosses he's a cokehead, just because he's white...But what Harper's excuse? Lying about trade fukk up as a grad is grounds for dismissal but then she tried to threaten her superior :mjlol:those are entitled white boy moves. Then she got some white milf to eat that L cuz the milf wanted ass. White boy move. She doing all of this as an illegal immigrant:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:went ahead and got that azn that finessed her visa paper fired and he didnt snitch:mjlol:they decide to end the season by having Harper blow up all the real allies around her, for no fukking reason yet she still comes out on top.

Harper is a Robert dressed as a black woman. Both are addicts who fall upwards and are their own worst enemies. Robert is just self aware so he's having fun out chea:mjlit:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got finished with season, its entertaining. I work in the fin industry so it was nice to see of my coworkers portrayed as the psychopathic, pos they are.:russ: It unintentionally points out how this "culture" persists because of the new blood choses to continue and defend it. Even when the old heads are moved out the paint. See Harper, Hari and Yas.

I find it funny how there's running theme of the "culture" in this industry and hoe it marginalizes minorities and women yet gave the poster boy of this culture, Robert, the best character arc. We know why he the way he acts, we know what he desires (structure or someone to give him direction), we know what his future will be.

Them we have Harper:mjlol:Yeah, Rob may fell into a high paying job after showing his bosses he's a cokehead, just because he's white...But what Harper's excuse? Lying about trade fukk up as a grad is grounds for dismissal but then she tried to threaten her superior :mjlol:those are entitled white boy moves. Then she got some white milf to eat that L cuz the milf wanted ass. White boy move. She doing all of this as an illegal immigrant:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:went ahead and got that azn that finessed her visa paper fired and he didnt snitch:mjlol:they decide to end the season by having Harper blow up all the real allies around her, for no fukking reason yet she still comes out on top.

Harper is a Robert dressed as a black woman. Both are addicts who fall upwards and are their own worst enemies. Robert is just self aware so he's having fun out chea:mjlit:
Yeah Harper did so much flagrant shyt there’s no way she wouldn’t have been fired. That trade she fukked up on she called the client and tried to gaslight him into saying that’s the trade he made. She lied on her resume and visa because she never finished college, betrayed Eric who had her back 100% even though he knew she wasn’t qualified, she had a emotional breakdown and stormed out of the job interview on top of all the things you mentioned and somehow she ends up the last one standing :dwillhuh:.
Great show they just need to turn down the sex angles a few notches down and make good side stories. But people in the fin world say it’s elaborately accurate.

“Buy the dip, short the vix, fukk Bitcoin” :blessed:

Brix

Rookie
Daps
Just finished the season, glad it got renewed. I definitely enjoyed it

Also you guys better put some respeck on erics name.

1. He gave harper multiple opportunities for her to prove herself such as going on client meetings when she's just a new grad. Meanwhile her coworkers gettin sent to pick up sandwiches with extra lettuce no pickles, dont fukk that up type of shyt
2. He rode for her, saved her ass big time when she fukked up that trade by being greedy moron on a trade that she fukked up in the first place. How you gonna fukk up the plan you needed because you fukked up? Remember... it was 50 dollars/50 quids shyt, and she fukked up the currency. Then she had to fix that trade, and she actually got lucky and pulled it off then her dumb ass got greedy and went from +30 to -140
3. When he found out she fukked that up, ON TOP of lying about her transcripts he still covered for her. He knew how it was to be hungry and come from the bottom in a industry where theres tons of privileged peoples
4. He's that dude... i mean spazzin on dumb mother fukkers when needed in the middle of the whole trading floor
5. Sang from rush hour :salute: havent seen this dude since those movies. good actor

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just finished the season, glad it got renewed. I definitely enjoyed it

Also you guys better put some respeck on erics name.

1. He gave harper multiple opportunities for her to prove herself such as going on client meetings when she's just a new grad. Meanwhile her coworkers gettin sent to pick up sandwiches with extra lettuce no pickles, dont fukk that up type of shyt
2. He rode for her, saved her ass big time when she fukked up that trade by being greedy moron on a trade that she fukked up in the first place. How you gonna fukk up the plan you needed because you fukked up? Remember... it was 50 dollars/50 quids shyt, and she fukked up the currency. Then she had to fix that trade, and she actually got lucky and pulled it off then her dumb ass got greedy and went from +30 to -140
3. When he found out she fukked that up, ON TOP of lying about her transcripts he still covered for her. He knew how it was to be hungry and come from the bottom in a industry where theres tons of privileged peoples
4. He's that dude... i mean spazzin on dumb mother fukkers when needed in the middle of the whole trading floor
5. Sang from rush hour :salute: havent seen this dude since those movies. good actor

I mainly know him from "Lost".