Anyone playing Hades?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Can you? I’ve had it crash on me twice and lost both my runs
Yes u can. If u quit the game in the pause menu it will save ur progress. It may only do it once in a run though. I just restarted the PS5 and opened the game again and it put me back where I was(I had just beat Meg and was headed to the second level)but when i tried to quit again it gave me a warning about the run resetting.

I can live with that :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes u can. If u quit the game in the pause menu it will save ur progress. It may only do it once in a run though. I just restarted the PS5 and opened the game again and it put me back where I was(I had just beat Meg and was headed to the second level)but when i tried to quit again it gave me a warning about the run resetting.

I can live with that :ehh:

Damn i wish it protected you from crashing because i put my ps5 into rest mode anyway.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Damn i wish it protected you from crashing because i put my ps5 into rest mode anyway.
As long as no more enemies remain in the room, and you’ve picked up any boon that’s waiting for you, you’ll be able to use the ‘save and quit’ option from Hades‘ main menu. Then, next time you load up the game, you’ll start right from where you left it.

I looked it up and apparently u can save and quit as long as those requirements are met :ehh:

This is the solution that Returnal needs. U don't have to baby sit Hades :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I looked it up and apparently u can save and quit as long as those requirements are met :ehh:

This is the solution that Returnal needs. U don't have to baby sit Hades :ehh:

They don't do it in returnal because they know it's one of the few things that helps make the game longer. If that game had a real suspend feature and more permanent upgrades people would beat it under 10 hours probably

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They don't do it in returnal because they know it's one of the few things that helps make the game longer. If that game had a real suspend feature and more permanent upgrades people would beat it under 10 hours probably
It’s actually longer than Hades there’s just not a lot of story tied to multiple runs outside of getting the true ending, unlike hades that has a lot of story content locked through multiple playthroughs but your essentially fighting the same enemies and going through the same biomes.

Thats why i said Housemarque can learn a lot about progression from supergiant. They were too light on story and upgrading

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fire this up for the first time yesterday.

I'm usually play roguelikes for an hour or two and then bounce off, but this being a roguelite apparently makes all the difference, because I'm enjoying this a lot.

I'm able to pretty consistently reach the Hydra at the end of the second area, but haven't beaten it yet.

The titan blood mechanic is a pretty interesting way to encourage you to use different weapons/classes from time to time. Made me switch back to the sword after moving on the the bow, spear, and shield.

The replay value on this is going to be crazy just based off of builds you can throw together, and the sheer amount of times you need to beat the game to actually get the ending.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Made it past the poison area, which was a pain in my ass, and died.

I probably would have beat the boss if I had the right keepsake on, forgot to put on the training dummy keepsake before the run and didn't have the switch keepsake upgrade yet.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't realize PS5 dualsense controller light bar grow different colors if you meet distant relatives for the next boon. For example if you met Dionysus for the next boon and PS5 dualsense light bar will grow into purple light. If you met Ares and your PS5 dualsense light bar will grow into red light, if you met Aphrodite and light bar will turn into pink light, if you met Artemis and the light bar grow into green light, etc

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the fukk do you defend Theseus and the Minotaur at the same time? :what:

edited: I figured the Minotaur moves but Theseus keep blocking.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Stick to outside the pillars when you fight, Theseus will most likely miss if you are moving in a circle or he will hit a pillar.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

It's kinda RNG. Depending on what boons you have theres different strategies. The best strategy for me for me IMO is that if you have a cast build, use your casts on theseus, and then regular attacks/specials on the minotaur.

If you have any other builds, just focus on the minotaur.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stick to outside the pillars when you fight, Theseus will most likely miss if you are moving in a circle or he will hit a pillar.

I beat the Minotaur but lost to Theseus. I did what exactly you told me to do which is easy moves on Theseus. I wish I wanna deal with Theseus first but oh well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I beat the Minotaur but lost to Theseus. I did what exactly you told me to do which is easy moves on Theseus. I wish I wanna deal with Theseus first but oh well.

You gotta bait him into a throw and wait until his back is turned hit him twice and go back to the outside.

You should try and get Athena’s Divine Dash every run. It makes a lot of encounters, including this one a looooot easier. Basically your dash reflects all projectiles, so those bullet hell witch encounters and the Theseus encounter they cannot hit you. Even better, not only do they deflect but you can upgrade it to do more damage back toward them