Anyone On Here Own The Google Home?

Creepn

All Star
Daps
You sign up for the 3 month trial for $.99 and then upgrade to the Family plan for $15, but instead of charging $15 it just knocks your 3 month trial down to two months.
:ehh: Thanks.

Edit- repped. Gotta Google mini coming.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any of y'all have the Google Wi-Fi system? I broke down today and got it. I figure if I'm going to have a couple dozen devices connected I might as well get a system that can handle it.

I got the 3 point system for $249.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Any of y'all have the Google Wi-Fi system? I broke down today and got it. I figure if I'm going to have a couple dozen devices connected I might as well get a system that can handle it.

I heard about it, but I'm good with this ASUS router, haven't had any issues. I have a ridiculous amount of stuff connected as well
:mjlol:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also... select Hue lights are on sale.

The 4 Pack is going for 170 right now. I think the deal is 20% off, they're on sale on Amazon and on Phillip's site. Haven't checked Best Buy.

EDIT: It is on sale at Best Buy. I literally only had them for like a week, how can I get this discount credited back? Anybody ever do that before?
:jbhmm:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Best Buy threw 30 back on my debit card with a price adjustment.

Then I went and got store credit from a dimmer that came with the 3 pack I got last week. I ended up selling a hub for 40 on Facebook... Then I copped 5 more lights

:mjlol:

I got 95 back after all the adjustments and store credits, I bought another 4 pack for 169 and another standalone light for 40.

I'm obsessed brehs
:snoop:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

My friend gave me one of his. It works great. The interface is very user friendly. If you run your old router bridged and have a lot of stuff you want to have connected by ethernet, get an unmanaged network switch. I got a TP-Link TL-SG1008D off amazon

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My friend gave me one of his. It works great. The interface is very user friendly. If you run your old router bridged and have a lot of stuff you want to have connected by ethernet, get an unmanaged network switch. I got a TP-Link TL-SG1008D off amazon

It works well but I'm still not getting optimal speeds through my entire house. It is less than 3,000 sq ft but was built in 1940 so the walls and building materials are very thick. Going to have to play with the locations.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It works well but I'm still not getting optimal speeds through my entire house. It is less than 3,000 sq ft but was built in 1940 so the walls and building materials are very thick. Going to have to play with the locations.

Fyi that's a known issue with those Google units, I don't own one but had it on my wish list once I get a gigabyte connection but think I might go with the Netgear Orbi until instead

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Check the mesh to see where the best placement will be. I wonder if you can connect a powerline to the auxiliary ones?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This IFTTT app is overwhelming, which actions do you all use that are dope? It's a lot to sift through
:jbhmm: