Anyone On Here Own The Google Home?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You going to mix ecosystems? That would drive me crazy.

I got a Google Mini coming off the Spotify deal for $1, also got one shipping to a buddies house for me and one going to wifies grandpa's house for me. 3 minis for $3.
I'm going to try and trade them in for store credit and get 2 more lights breh. I'm not going to keep the Echos. I'll find out what Best Buy talkin' about when I go up there today to pick everything up.

I'll use the store credit to get more lights or try and exchange them for 2 more Google Mini's

Iamnutz

midnight marauder
Daps
Reppin
#585 #ROC
I'm looking at them now, any suggestions? There's a lot of brands making these joints. Going to probably get the color ones
I wanted to test the waters so I got sengled lights on Black Friday...its was 3 bulbs and a hub for 30 bucks. It's a good price to test if you like it or not.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ordered the 4 pack for the Hues from Best Buy that comes with the the hub and 2 Echo Dots.

I ended up leaving the store with 3 more like fukk it.

:mjlol:

The Dots got to my crib the next day, Best Buy wouldn't let me exchange them or get store credit, so I took them over to Target and got store credit and then bought 2 Google Home Minis with it. They had to price match, because they were charging 50 for them in the store.

These joints are dope af, and I know the experience will be better once I set a schedule for various scenes throughout the day.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Until the holidays pass I think they'll be $30
Target is selling them for 50 in stores and 30 online, just putting that out there so people know.

It's stupid. They'll actually price match their online price too, but you have to tell them about it :smh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ordered the 4 pack for the Hues from Best Buy that comes with the the hub and 2 Echo Dots.

I ended up leaving the store with 3 more like fukk it.

:mjlol:

The Dots got to my crib the next day, Best Buy wouldn't let me exchange them or get store credit, so I took them over to Target and got store credit and then bought 2 Google Home Minis with it. They had to price match, because they were charging 50 for them in the store.

These joints are dope af, and I know the experience will be better once I set a schedule for various scenes throughout the day.

have you messed with IFFT yet??

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's that?

it's an app it takes the guess work out of automation you can install different commands and it syncs with your Google Home and runs them automatically

for example I have one setup with a weather app and the Google Home that automatically turns on my living room lights at sunset

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm looking at this but it looks like you gotta get the family plan for $15 first in order to get the Google mini.

You sign up for the 3 month trial for $.99 and then upgrade to the Family plan for $15, but instead of charging $15 it just knocks your 3 month trial down to two months.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it's an app it takes the guess work out of automation you can install different commands and it syncs with your Google Home and runs them automatically

for example I have one setup with a weather app and the Google Home that automatically turns on my living room lights at sunset
:ohhh:

Rep