Anyone On Here Own The Google Home?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All these products come down to ecosystem...I have Chromecast...YouTube TV...Chromecast Audio...Google Play...Hue lights...works well with them and also functions as my alarm along with other utilities

I prefer it over the Echo because the Google Assistant can understand mostly plain language as opposed to explicit commands so it’s more natural to use.

Echo beats it in terms of ordering from Amazon but Google has partnered with Walmart and other places to round out the ordering features.
You can mix ecosystems pretty easily with Zwave, smartthings, and IFTTT. Those combined with Google assistant are awesome. Take it one step further with Home assistant and you are automating everything AND not having the online requirements

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got my first Google Home a couple days ago.

I'm getting a mini for every bedroom lol. My favorite part is being able to give it commands from the Google Assistant ap on my phone. I've been randomly starting Christmas music for my kids while I'm at work and broadcasting messages to them through the Google Home speaker.

Going to set up the smart lights in the Family room first, then kitchen, then outside. Kids are getting a mini and Chromecast for Christmas

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You can mix ecosystems pretty easily with Zwave, smartthings, and IFTTT. Those combined with Google assistant are awesome. Take it one step further with Home assistant and you are automating everything AND not having the online requirements
:ohhh:

I didn't know this

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
imo Hue lights are the best, but they require a base
I'm checking them out now. So the base would be where the router is at (in my case, the office).

I'm def getting something that I can change the lights tho, now that I'm thinking about it... this shyt might be dope for experimenting with studio lighting for photography

:ohhh:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I'm looking at them now, any suggestions? There's a lot of brands making these joints. Going to probably get the color ones
I went with the Philips Hue lights, there's other brands but I would make sure they're compatible with Google Home. This time of year, they're all on sale. If you go Philips, get the starter kit that comes with a bridge. I got the non-color kit that came with 4 bulbs and the bridge.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Surprised so many in here recommending Phillips hue. Figured this would be a LIFX thread

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just want to point out the Roku features now. I don't even use my remote for my TV nowadays really. The only issue I encounter is that Google Home sometimes has issues turning on my TV when it is off, I work around it by telling Google to turn on Google Chromecast (which turns on the TV)

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I went with the Philips Hue lights, there's other brands but I would make sure they're compatible with Google Home. This time of year, they're all on sale. If you go Philips, get the starter kit that comes with a bridge. I got the non-color kit that came with 4 bulbs and the bridge.
I just copped some Hue Lights (color) with the Hub and 2 Amazon Echo Dots for 199.99 at Best Buy.

Best Buy giving the Echo Dots away for free when you get the 4 Pack+Hub, but I'm going to try and get in-store credit and get 2 more Hue Lights with the credit. Have about to have the whole upstairs with these shyts

:ohlawd:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I just copped some Hue Lights (color) with the Hub and 2 Amazon Echo Dots for 199.99 at Best Buy.

Best Buy giving the Echo Dots away for free when you get the 4 Pack+Hub, but I'm going to try and get in-store credit and get 2 more Hue Lights with the credit. Have about to have the whole upstairs with these shyts

:salute:youtube has a lot of videos with nice setups

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You going to mix ecosystems? That would drive me crazy.

I got a Google Mini coming off the Spotify deal for $1, also got one shipping to a buddies house for me and one going to wifies grandpa's house for me. 3 minis for $3.