Anyone On Here Own The Google Home?

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
It's only pointless if you don't try to use it. I only have one and even though it's not an overwhelmingly great purchase, I have been surprised at the amount of things it can do. I've definitely livened up a party by playing games on it, use it every other day to listen to music/podcasts, and whenever I have a question that I would look up or need to use my phone for, I quickly remember to ask google and get the answer. It's a dope purchase and it definitely encourages me to buy home tech so I can utliize it's full potential

I have the same experience. When I get the Grocery List option to work like it should, I will be super straight.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gonna cop one next week....

Anyone currently using still? Thoughts?

i have one by itself at most it's ok, if only to answer questions.it stands out when you pair it with other smart home devices

i have mine paired with a smart thermostat and smart lights so my lights automatically adjust depending on the time of day, so does the temperature in my house

and obviously outside of that i can voice control them

i also have a smart TV hub so I can voice control everything with the TV (on,off, volume,channel, Netflix)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm bout to go pick up my 2 minis. Walmart had a price mistake that got me 2 of them for $18 together. I'm an Amazon Echo guy but I couldn't resist for $9 each.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm bout to go pick up my 2 minis. Walmart had a price mistake that got me 2 of them for $18 together. I'm an Amazon Echo guy but I couldn't resist for $9 each.
:leon:

This still going on?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got my first Mini last year with a Pixel 2 purchase.

This year I added the bigger one, and moved the mini to my bedroom, going to grab another mini for my studio downstairs. These things paired with Chromecasts are pretty dope. They just released an update where you can cast music on each speaker at the same time throughout your entire house.

And with the Chromecast, if you have your TVs hooked up to sound systems, you're basically able to play the music via the TV which is hooked up to your sound system. Pretty nice for gatherings at the house, if you just want to control the music throughout the house.

I also have a iRobot that is synced with it, so I'm fully bought in to this shyt
:wow:

I have to get some smart lights so I can control those too, when I get my next crib it's over

:demonic:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I got my first Mini last year with a Pixel 2 purchase.

This year I added the bigger one, and moved the mini to my bedroom, going to grab another mini for my studio downstairs. These things paired with Chromecasts are pretty dope. They just released an update where you can cast music on each speaker at the same time throughout your entire house.

And with the Chromecast, if you have your TVs hooked up to sound systems, you're basically able to play the music via the TV which is hooked up to your sound system. Pretty nice for gatherings at the house, if you just want to control the music throughout the house.

I also have a iRobot that is synced with it, so I'm fully bought in to this shyt
:wow:

I have to get some smart lights so I can control those too, when I get my next crib it's over

:demonic:
The smart lights are great...I don't have any color ones yet

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Walmart forced a return on my order before I could pick it up. Cold blooded.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Walmart forced a return on my order before I could pick it up. Cold blooded.
I see them still selling for 30, is that the new price on these now? Opposed to 50?