Anyone in here rock with off-brand HDTV's these days still?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
That is that hdmi-control/anynet working, my Samsung does the same with my ps3, navigate the tv menu and select the PS3, it powers up and you can use the remote to control it.

I thought maybe it was a Sony thing, because it does it with my Sony Blu Ray player too, and I can control all Sony devices with my TV remote

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
3-4 year old Samsung 32"...ya'll got me pondering this year's Black Friday, though...:patrice:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So insignia is ok then I take it....

:lupe:

My mom's bedroom and kitchen TV are both smaller Insignia, never had any problems with either

Side note I own a Insignia mp3 player that came out the year the first gen ipods did. This thing had FM radio, video playback, SD card and a bunch of other features( for half the price) and til this day it works perfectly

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I thought maybe it was a Sony thing, because it does it with my Sony Blu Ray player too, and I can control all Sony devices with my TV remote

Nah, just the hdmi-control working. My tv is connected to my ps3 and surround receiver via hdmi, the tv remote controls both devices. My other tv is a Samsung as well connected to a samsung soundbar and sony blu-ray player via hdmi, one remote is all you need. The manufactures figured if you get all the devices to connect using one cable they can communicate with each other and use one remote.

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
yeah, that HDMI control is a unified standard called consumer electronic control (CEC) but each manufacturer gives it a different name for marketing purposes, samsung calls it anynet, sony calls it bravia sync or bravia link, LG calls it simplink, etc.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Insignia is just Best Buy's in house brand. Most of those TVs are based off Samsung or LG TVs.

Yeah, I heard that Insignia has LG parts specifically..... meh I may swoop in on that deal if its still there when I get back....

I hear mixed reviews on Vizio's but I like them too....

looking for something around 50in

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Even though the brand is Samsung, Sharp, etc...if you getting the Wal-Mart house model its just as bad as a no name brand tv. You gotta start paying attention to the model numbers.