Anyone in here rock with off-brand HDTV's these days still?

OaklandCertified

Town Business
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Remember I thirsted so DESPERATELY to get into the HDTV game, that I was moments from pulling the trigger on an Olevia :wow:

Around 2007 My first HD TV was a 32 inch Olevia..720p. I stepped up my game in a few months and got a 42 inch Samsung. Let's just say the Olevia shytted on the Samsung. It was one of the best off brand TVS I've seen. It just went out about a year ago. I used to leave it on all day too.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i have the 5700 which is the same exact set as this one but with smart features and its :trash:

Got the 60" from microcenter for $499 and i still regret that shyt

Worst pic ive ever seen on a plasma

Plasma??? :scust:
dont sleep breh

Plasma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>led and lcd

One HDMI? No thank you.
What the hell you gonna do with one HDMI?
plug it into your a/v receiver :wtf:

If you're spending bread on hdtvs and dont have a surround system you lost breh

The audio is just as important as the video

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Once you get a high end hdtv you will never be able to watch StruggleHD again

All those Seiky,Westington or whatever the fukk they're called will look like SD once your eyes get used to those crystal clear crispy high end hdtvs :ohlawd:

I cant even watch tv unless its on one of my Samsung F8500s or my bros Panny

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dahell: HDTVs in 2015 are like Android Smartphone & Windows laptops. It's such a commoditized market, you can always find good deals on name-brand HDTVs.

:ufdup: There are No excuses to be buying some generic brand HDTVs in 2015.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I've had off brand and name brand they'll all had a good picture. Don't even need a smart tv either since I have my kitted out Amazon Fire TV with Kodi included. If it isn't a 4k HD all these 1080p sets are like the new laptops or smartphones- throw away and get a new one tech

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:dahell: HDTVs in 2015 are like Android Smartphone & Windows laptops. It's such a commoditized market, you can always find good deals on name-brand HDTVs.

It doesn't matter about the name on the outside, I remember having a Zenith HDTV and it was an LG panel inside. Even showed up as an LG TV on my PC.

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...
I got a 42 inch 1080i JVC tv in the den that I had for like 10 years and still works flawlessly. The speakers on that tv are :wow: Cant turn volume pass 30 or imma go deaf in that bytch.

looks similsr to this
jvc-lt-46dz7.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

It doesn't matter about the name on the outside, I remember having a Zenith HDTV and it was an LG panel inside. Even showed up as an LG TV on my PC.

:ehh: This is true. Back in 2009-2010, I was always looking for off-brand/store brand or less popular name-brand HDTVs that had a Samsung or Sony panel.

:whew: The Black levels on the Toshiba with a Samsung panel I finally ended up settling on. It absolutely shyts on Vizio, LG, & etc HDTVs I had before it.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I got nothing but off brands in my house, and the black levels leave alot to be desired but as big as my bedroom tv is...

I'll be fine