Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
getting serious now so here’s a list/reminder of what else I’m need to get if I can get my hands on that P1X rig in a few weeks…
  • caster wheels (2 sets)
  • shifter bracket (2)
  • seat slider
  • bucket seat bracket
  • bucket seat

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dirt rally :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

yo this is NUTS…shyt is too intense

I’m sweating and the shyt low key triggered my asthma

wheel shaking like crazy :russ:

hilarious video to give an idea of what I was talking about…game is no joke behind that wheel…and there’s a different mentality when you crash behind a wheel/rig…you legit feel like you actually fukking up a real car

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

for a major gaming personality, I would’ve expected her to have a better setup than that even for just starting out…also I didn’t like her comment about the wheel not offering that much resistance as a “good” thing…the “resistance” or feedback is what recreates that realistic feeling of driving

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
definitely getting a simlab rig but gonna get the TR1 chassis instead…cheaper, still sturdy but the big thing for me is it’s a lot less cumbersome than the P1X which felt like overkill the more videos that I watched…and they actually have them in stock so I might order it as early as today

*edit*

• caster wheels (2 sets)
  • shifter bracket (2)
  • seat slider
  • bucket seat bracket
  • bucket seat

(note to self) this accessories list still stands but I’ll only need 1 of each for the caster wheels and shifter bracket…I will have to add a side mount tho…also I’m gonna go with a regular seat for comfort for long sessions so I won’t need a bracket

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…and they actually have them in stock so I might order it as early as today

they had 2 in stock when I typed this…just ordered the last one :whew:

they’re closed tho until after NYE so I’ll get it in a week or 2

shipping is fast tho…ordered a seat from a shop in EU (only place that had it in stock)

shyt came in 3 days

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once you get that rig built you're gonna never leave that seat for hours :russ:

ya I know lol…I already turned the wheel stand I had into a full rig by buying the add-on seat for it…I still hate that bar in the middle tho…I’ll use that one with the PS5 and the simlab I’ll use with the xbox since I have way more racing games on that

I’m getting real good…just finished putting in a session…gonna return the TH8A shifter I bought earlier this month…I like the sparco mod plus so much better for shifting although I just learned that switching it to handbrake mode won’t work for a lot of games…that won’t be a problem tho once I get the new rig…I’ll be able to comfortably access the gas, brake, e-brake w/o that pole in the way

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya the final factor was ease to get in/out of these things…with my back I need the process to be as simple as possible…I really wanted to go with the fanatec rig (rennsport) but it looks like I’d have to angle myself too much to hop in/out of it

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ya the final factor was ease to get in/out of these things…with my back I need the process to be as simple as possible…I really wanted to go with the fanatec rig (rennsport) but it looks like I’d have to angle myself too much to hop in/out of it
sounds like a good problem to have, rigs like this are like a fuking dream. rich boy fukery sh!t

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sounds like a good problem to have, rigs like this are like a fuking dream. rich boy fukery sh!t

don’t know about all that…there are a variety of rigs from affordable to expensive…just some ppl can’t justify the purchase even tho they can afford it