Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

2020_12_02_BMW_M4_GT3_Videostill_8300_final_END.png

compatible with PS4/PS5 wheelbase but it’s $1400 tho :damn:

shyt is so damn sexy…real deal wheel…I might have to save up for this for when GT7 drop:pachaha:

Fanatec – Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my new wheel/wheelbase came today…so I’m sending back the fisher price joint

the lockable wheels for the wheel stand along with the shifter arrives tomorrow so I’ll finally be able to really use this shyt and give a proper first impression…

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wheel stand is about the same weight so 60 lbs total…I hope these lockable castor wheels I ordered for the wheel stand work

works perfectly…much better than having to lift/drag around a 60 lb. stand once everything is attached…should be up and running soon…the new wheel/wheelbase/pedals look so much better for the TS XW

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wow this new wheel is powerful…wipeouts feel completely real as you lose absolute/total control of the steering wheel…frightening…shyt got me driving at the speed limit (FH2: fast and furious) :mjlol:

I’ll probably upgrade to a full rig when GT7 drops but I want to spend some time with this setup before I just throw money at a rig…reasons why I look forward to a rig tho—

—that divider the wheel stand has is still in the way of me braking regardless of what foot I use…I need to see if I can configure this so that I can swap the e-brake and the regular brake

—I also think a rig would help a little bit more with wire management…there are a couple of wires that are too close to the gas pedal

—a solid rig would be more stable…the wheel stand doesn’t budge once I lock the wheels in but I’m using a rolling chair that still does move around slightly…very minor inconvenience tho

—I’d prefer a dedicated rig with a dedicated TV stand so that I don’t have to move the wheel stand out the way and disconnect shyt when I want to play other games…again a minor inconvenience tho

alright I’m need more practice with this shyt…feel like I’m learning to drive all over again lol

also I want to experiment with using the sequential shifter (I can change the configuration of the one I currently have) as opposed to the regular shyt

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I have a logitech steering wheel and a stand but thats about it. Not that serious about sim racing though to invest further.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also I want to experiment with using the sequential shifter (I can change the configuration of the one I currently have) as opposed to the regular shyt

switched over to the sequential shifter and went full manual…much better experience :whew:

jumping back and forth between FH2: fast and furious and FMS6

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is really fun…adds a whole new element to racing games

still don’t know why FH2: fast and furious got bad critic reviews…it’s a good game

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

gonna more than likely go with this…it’s the same brand as the wheel stand I currently have and they’re supported by microsoft…plus it’s easy to order in the US…I was leaning toward the sim lab P1-X but it’s not in stock…only ships from EU and that’s only the frame…they don’t ship seats…the F-GT elite is easier to buy, a reliable brand name, and if I have any issues I can easily send it back since it’s a US-based company…the GT omega prime is cool to and is basically a P1-X clone…but I like the look of the F-GT elite overall too