Anyone has a racing rig/setup?

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I have a quest that I don't use…had a PSVR and sold it last year on ebay…VR still isn’t for me yet…still mostly gimmicky imo…it’s fun in spurts…but just by design, it doesn’t provide me with a full gaming experience
Do you have a gaming pc? You can play most racers fully in vr. VR racing >>> triple screens

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My old Thrustmaster setup
cPdA3kO.jpg

Fanatec setup I upgraded to a while ago
msrCUnf.jpg

That rig isnt any good imo. It's not solid enough and any screen you mount to it will move around. Plus if you ever upgrade to a more powerful wheelbase and better pedals, the whole rig will shake and flex under load.

If you do like the wheel and end up upgrading the wheel stand to a rig, I recommend SimLab. You could get something like a SimLab GT1 Evo plus all the same accessories for the same price depending on shipping.

GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit

Also, get the loadcell pedals from Thrustmaster if you can, the T-LCMs. Loadcell pedals make a difference.

I'm about to do a race now:mjlit:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My old Thrustmaster setup
qJ7zxhz.png

Fanatec setup I upgraded to a while ago
msrCUnf.jpg

That rig isnt any good imo. It's not solid enough and any screen you mount to it will move around. Plus if you ever upgrade to a more powerful wheelbase and better pedals, the whole rig will shake and flex under load.

If you do like the wheel and end up upgrading the wheel stand to a rig, I recommend SimLab. You could get something like a SimLab GT1 Evo plus all the same accessories for the same price depending on shipping.

GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit

Also, get the loadcell pedals from Thrustmaster if you can, the T-LCMs. Loadcell pedals make a difference.

I'm about to do a race now:mjlit:

thanks!

I was already eyeing the T-LCMs…wanted to see how things feel tho with the packaged T3PA first

just took a glance at the simlab rig and that shyt looks sick…digging the powder blue racing seat…based on what you said I see now why some of these rigs are designed so thick/sturdy…maybe it would be better not to get one with a TV stand attached

*edit*

the only drawback might be shipping since they’re outside the US but their rigs are very similar to the GT omega prime in the OP…based on what you said I’m definitely gonna push for something sturdier and have a separate TV stand…I didn’t realize the feedback on the wheels could be that powerful

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
think I’ve found a new sub-hobby lol

these simlab rigs are nasty tho :wow:

GT1 evo

P1-X

Last edited:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
nah…still not ready to make that final leap yet
Although gt sport is my favorite racer in VR in terms of gameplay its still offline only. Playing VR races online, with a wheel is basically racing in real life but no g forces. The biggest help is VR allows you to see curves better, and you can tilt your head to better adjust how you turn

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like something that would be fun for a while but then I wont use it

ya I’m guessing that will be the case for me as well…if I end up really getting into it tho there’s huge a backlog of recent racing games I can play…that’s why I haven’t committed to a full rig as yet

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I bought a cheap wheel stand for now—next level racing wheel stand lite

this came today and is a bit more cumbersome than I anticipated…so I bought some castor wheels from the same company and hoping they fit even tho I can’t find anything stating that they’re compatible

copped this along with a shifter on sale…it was too good to pass up…and these wheels are hard to come by when they go out of stock…gonna use it for GT sport…copped the extreme sim racing wheel stand S pro…birthday coming up so I always OD on the spending this time of year :yeshrug:

ended up canceling this order…one wheel stand is cumbersome and I’m not gonna have the patience to be dragging multiple stands back and forth in front of the TV…I easily see why some folks choose to buy a separate TV/TV stand…huge convenience…if I end up digging the wheel and decide to really jump into setting up a rig then I can buy this later or a better wheel