Anyone else don’t take black militants seriously anymore after all this Kamala mess?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I stopped taking them serious when they started hyper fixating on Democrats and not MAGA/Republicans (who're actually implementing policies to harm us). Instead of having an honest discussion they prioritized being contrarion for the sake of it. Now we have supposed pro black content creators actually trying to dissuade black people from voting and trivializing the slow erosion of our civil liberties.

Now I much rather listen to Roland Martin or any other Democratic shill than a lot of these dudes.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
OP and 1/2 this thread are confused about what "militant" means. Any poster on a black site trying to make pro Blackness seem corny is suspect.
There's a lot of talk of reading to be done and I agree. A lot of people's views on black history is very limited and mostly peaked by a curiosity towards black liberation movements. You learn about these movements in school and you have adults (who may have been lukewarm on them at the time) revisiting these movements with rose tinted glasses.

But what you don't learn about is this side of the coin

9780060984380.IN.0.m.jpg

What were their thoughts? What were their views? What does the 2024 version of this person look like? Which side of the coin would be having their cape flapping for a prosecutor who created truancy laws? Who would be banging for a political party as hard as some folks do now back in those days?

That side of history is obscured. I'm not one for throwing black people under the bus, but in a thread where folks are using Kamala Harris as a weird credibility litmus test I really think a more thorough understanding of history and where you'd fit in it should be obtained.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
I see them posting stuff like this and I just don't understand why they would have this much smoke for a black woman. Wait, they don't even consider her to be black.

ClCODkH.jpeg

Z0Wlsjc.jpeg
And the thing is, it's cacs creating these and smart dumb goofies co-op this shyt.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Kamala Harris isn't a politician that is strong enough to make me change my opinion on someone based on where they stand with her. She was so unpopular when she actually ran in a primary Tulsi Gabbard secured more delegates than her :mjlol:

Nah this is a fact. I think the problem I have with regular people is that they don't remember shyt. I remember kamala being absolutely awful, she was clowned, and she literally got the VP cause Biden said he'd pick a minority.

She also has the nomination without running for it. The excuse was there's no time, but most Western countries have elections from start to finish in six weeks.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Nah this is a fact. I think the problem I have with regular people is that they don't remember shyt. I remember kamala being absolutely awful, she was clowned, and she literally got the VP cause Biden said he'd pick a minority.

She also has the nomination without running for it. The excuse was there's no time, but most Western countries have elections from start to finish in six weeks.
I remember everything and criticized her. Right when people were saying Joe had to drop out after the debate people were saying to put Kamala in and I felt Kamala hadn't grown since 2019 and was utterly swagless. Fast forward a few weeks and this woman managed to unite the party, showed she improved her cadence, looked and presented herself as Presidential, picked an incredible VP, and attacking Republicans on the offense in a way Democrats have absconded of doing in the name of "fairness". It's not that we don't remember her disastrous campaign in 2019, it's that she managed to change our minds and has morphed into a completely different candidate. There was a lot of in-fighting before Joe dropped out and endorsed her and she starting her campaign trail and actually started speaking primarily because people did remember and did not trust her leadership. Basically, she proved us wrong and changed our minds. The fact you have not been clued into this and think we all fell in line just because shows you're not paying attention nearly as much as you think.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I remember everything and criticized her. Right when people were saying Joe had to drop out after the debate people were saying to put Kamala in and I felt Kamala hadn't grown since 2019 and was utterly swagless. Fast forward a few weeks and this woman managed to unite the party, showed she improved her cadence, looked and presented herself as Presidential, picked an incredible VP, and attacking Republicans on the offense in a way Democrats have absconded of doing in the name of "fairness". It's not that we don't remember her disastrous campaign in 2019, it's that she managed to change our minds and has morphed into a completely different candidate. There was a lot of in-fighting before Joe dropped out and endorsed her and she starting her campaign trail and actually started speaking primarily because people did remember and did not trust her leadership. Basically, she proved us wrong and changed our minds. The fact you have not been clued into this and think we all fell in line just because shows you're not paying attention nearly as much as you think.

This happened over night. It was one month ago, msnbc was already saying the party was transformed and there's more energy than ever the next day. The one thing I like is they're finally fighting back with insults. Tired of dems laying down like bytches. Walz been swagging hard.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
This happened over night. It was one month ago, msnbc was already saying the party was transformed and there's more energy than ever the next day. The one thing I like is they're finally fighting back with insults. Tired of dems laying down like bytches. Walz been swagging hard.
It happened overnight because people weren’t convinced of Kamala but then she gave her first press conference and all fears were abated because she was night and day from the candidate in 2019.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Hold up.... Boyce on the Right Wing grift? :ohhh:
:francis:
I've known Boyce to be complete shyt based on how he treated my homegirl over 20 years ago. Dude BEEN trash.

I wish I could find the rap song he wrote about how his old girlfriend cheated on him. :mjlol:

Someone find that shyt, please!!! It would show you clearly how lame he's always been.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
LOL at black. ive never seen a non directly mixed black man that looks like that, i could understand if he had distant admixture that popped up, but look at the writing on the wall. thats not the case. she is majority non black. the fukk are you talking about? who said marrying a white person makes them white? its a conflict of interest.

Every picture of her father I've seen he looks like a clear black man. He looks like a Western black man with admixture, like plenty of black men in America and some on the islands. The picture with him holding a baby Kamala, he literally looks like he could be related to Malcolm or Huey P Newton. He literally had a mini-fro. Unless he was trying to "pass" as black in 1964, so baby Kamala could run for president more than 50yrs later, than I don't see what the fuss is about. He just looks like a regular lighter toned admixtured black dude. No black person would say he "looks kinda Indian" if they didn't have an agenda to push and he wasn't Kamalas dad. If there was a time machine and he walked around with Kamalas Indian Mother in 2024 in the US, they'd be viewed as an IR Couple, and the same militants saying she's not black and saying her father isn't black, would be calling him a c00n, because they'd be seeing a UNDEIABLY Black man, walking around with a non-black woman. The militants are disingenuous liars, who move goalposts based on their agenda. :manny: