Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
and I think its a poor argument. Its not on me to assume anything. I'm taking your statements for their value and assessing it.

Are you telling me that you managed to create a nascent idea of god that doesn't draw upon notions of said deities you've been exposed to?
Are you implying that its impossible for someone to forge a thought without relying on popular imagery and media? What do you believe in then since you claimed you do believe in something?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Are you implying that its impossible for someone to forge a thought without relying on popular imagery and media?
I'm insinuating that i'm willing to bet that most of your concepts of a deity are based on concepts of a god you were exposed to.

For example:

Polytheism or monotheism?

does your god listen to you or not?

Does your god interact with the universe or not?

What mythology is associated with your deity?

is your deity aspects of nature you don't understand or not?

ALL of these questions are claimed by major religious assertions and frameworks.

What do you believe in then since you claimed you do believe in something?
I'm KIND of an existential nihilist. :obama:

hahaha

Pro
Daps
White guys made u believe a lie, and boy, are u running with it. the lie controls every fibre in your being. oh lawd.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I'm insinuating that i'm willing to bet that most of your concepts of a deity are based on concepts of a god you were exposed to.

For example:

Polytheism or monotheism? i have no idea, could be anything

does your god listen to you or not? no, i dont believe in Santa Claus either :heh:

Does your god interact with the universe or not? no...hands off, laws of physics both quantum and classical are made, which in turn leads to chemistry, which in turn explains every phenomenon we see today. Its just up to humans to figure it all out within the "rules"

What mythology is associated with your deity? none

is your deity aspects of nature you don't understand or not? no, as stated, everything in nature can be figured out through enough observation.

ALL of these questions are claimed by major religious assertions and frameworks.

I'm KIND of an existential nihilist. :obama:
:banderas:. Therre is no special creation to me either. Humans are flash in the pans in the grand scheme of things. We may not even make it as long as the dinosaurs did. Nobody knows.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
you're playing the god of the gaps

I'm insulted. I've already stated that I don't submit to the idea that if we don't understand it, God did it. We are going in circles :damn:. But even in your video, Neil even admits that if one were to take that approach there isnt a problem there. The problem would be not being curious to enough to UNDERSTAND how God did it. Given enough time, humans will figure it all out. Will we ever figure out a way to create matter form nothing though? Highly unlikely.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm insulted. I've already stated that I don't submit to the idea that if we don't understand it, God did it..
...which is what you define your god as
We are going in circles :damn:.
and thats YOUR fault.

But even in your video, Neil even admits that if one were to take that approach there isnt a problem there.
Well not asking questions can't ever be a problem, obviously.

The problem would be not being curious to enough to UNDERSTAND how God did it. Given enough time, humans will figure it all out. Will we ever figure out a way to create matter form nothing though? Highly unlikely

And none of this validates the existence of you deity.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

how many times does he have to explain to you he does not subscribe to "a" deity

he subscribes to the idea of something holding the title of "creator"….with no characteristics to describe it

move on.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
...which is what you define your god as and thats YOUR fault.

Well not asking questions can't ever be a problem, obviously.

No, that is not how I defined my God. You made that up. Where did i say if I don't understand it, God did it. What I understand is, matter does not come from nothing. Energy does not come from nothing. I submit that it came from something. What that something is, i don't know. For the sake of conversation, i refer to that something as God. Your understanding of that concept up to this point has been shaky. I am not asking you to accept my thoughts, so any mental gymnastics you want to perform after this for my view to be valid is up to you.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
I'm insulted. I've already stated that I don't submit to the idea that if we don't understand it, God did it. We are going in circles :damn:. But even in your video, Neil even admits that if one were to take that approach there isnt a problem there. The problem would be not being curious to enough to UNDERSTAND how God did it. Given enough time, humans will figure it all out. Will we ever figure out a way to create matter form nothing though? Highly unlikely.
The thing about "coming from nothing" is that they are still trying to figure out if multiple universes and dimensions of time and space are real. At face value it seems as if the theory is saying it came from nothing but the theory gets deeper into connecting it to other ideas like multiple universes or dimensions meaning that it wouldn't come from nothing but it would come from some warp in space time possibly. I don't know the fine details about most of this stuff but just keep in mind it's not really saying it "comes from nothing" because the theory connects with others that together fully explain the situation about what happens when stars collapse and space/time is bent or warped.

For example hypothetically when a star collapses it could burst into another universe of space/time which in that universe would appear as a big bang coming from nothing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No, that is not how I defined my God. You made that up.
you ahve done this several times
Where did i say if I don't understand it, God did it.
when you assert that a "creator" was behind all of this.

As if its a sentient entity. :heh:

What I understand is, matter does not come from nothing.
so? how does this mean anything or prove anything?

Energy does not come from nothing. I submit that it came from something.
Except that you refuse to educate yourself on the latest arguments that address this topic. You're being stubborn.
What that something is, i don't know.
start studying.
For the sake of conversation, i refer to that something as God.
and you just spent your previous 4 sentences claiming you wouldn't do this :snoop:

Your understanding of that concept up to this point has been shaky. I am not asking you to accept my thoughts, so any mental gymnastics you want to perform after this for my view to be valid is up to you.
You're right. I WONT accept your mental gymnastics.

I'm getting you to understand the flaw in your argument.

Just cause we can't answer something, doesn't mean thats where god is.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
you ahve done this several times
when you assert that a "creator" was behind all of this.

As if its a sentient entity. :heh:

so? how does this mean anything or prove anything?

Except that you refuse to educate yourself on the latest arguments that address this topic. You're being stubborn. start studying.
and you just spent your previous 4 sentences claiming you wouldn't do this :snoop:

You're right. I WONT accept your mental gymnastics.

I'm getting you to understand the flaw in your argument.

Just cause we can't answer something, doesn't mean thats where god is.
What are you talking about?? What literature am i ignorant on? You are just making things up now.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What are you talking about?? What literature am i ignorant on? You are just making things up now.
Like I said to the other guy in this thread:

There are arguments that are already being addressed and HAVE been resolved that you're not aware of, yet you're claiming that such things haven't been addressed.