Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did this thread get this far without saying Creationism isn't compatible with Evolution because it starts the timeline far too late.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I still never understood why evolution and creationism have to be two separate things when even religious scholars tout that allegory and metaphor are completely preset in the texts.

Adam being molded from clay is simply a metaphor for being made up of the same materials that the earth, and thus the universe, is made up of. The rib could be again a metaphor for stating that we all came from one or single celled organisms and the need for sexual reproduction only came later.

I'm no biologist, nor am I a religious scholar but I still don't see why this is even an argument in 2014. If God is the creator of all that means he is the creator of evolution as well...:manny:

right. there is absolutely nothing wrong with accepting the belief of a god and the belief of science.

but of course people will be simpletons

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
How did this thread get this far without saying Creationism isn't compatible with Evolution because it starts the timeline far too late.
The timeline in the Bible should not be taken literately.

The Bible is a spiritual document not a story book.

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay I admit it, I was wrong, just re-watched it, originally I thought he said everything was frozen, but actually he said the gases were liquid instead but the water was still frozen, my bad
no problem, my ego isn't that big. When you guys were trying to correct me for some reason I couldn't go back and watch the video at the time...it kept buffering.

I'm glad to see you admit your error. This might actually be a first for you. You should also do it when I prove you wrong.

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I'm glad to see you admit your error. This might actually be a first for you. You should also do it when I prove you wrong.

but you haven't proven me wrong :rudy:

Also It was more of a misunderstanding between me and Napoleon. I misunderstood the guy in the video which made my initial assessment wrong. Napoleon thought that I didn't understand basic science which was basically a misunderstanding on my thoughts as well.

it happens with words and language as we've already discussed. :yeshrug:
I'm not hung up on being wrong or right. My ego isn't that big. I just go for truth.

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but you haven't proven me wrong :rudy:

nikka I ALWAYS prove you wrong :rudy: In fact, it isn't so much "proving" it as it is getting YOU to realize it.

Also It was more of a misunderstanding between me and Napoleon. I misunderstood the guy in the video which made my initial assessment wrong. Napoleon thought that I didn't understand basic science which was basically a misunderstanding on my thoughts as well.

That wasn't a misunderstanding, that's what you typically do. Jump in threads & argue subjects you're not that well versed in. Then continue arguing well after you've been proven wrong. At least this time you fessed up to your mistake.

it happens with words and language as we've already discussed. :yeshrug:
I'm not hung up on being wrong or right. My ego isn't that big. I just go for truth.

Well it would seem like basic science taught to 12 year olds gave you an awful lot of trouble in here. Glad to see you're not caught up on being right or wrong (which I don't believe). As for you NOT having an ego, I disagree. Your ego kept you arguing even after people pointed out how dumb you looked.

Last edited:

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Czar do you care to share your 'beliefs' with non believers or are you too embarrassed to stand on the Word :ld:

I stand by the word 100%, but I'm not against legit science, especially the basic stuff. Many great scientists have also been Christians. I've actually used science to debunk some of your weaker conspiracy theories.

I'm just not gonna argue with non believers over my beliefs, It's pointless. I'd rather concentrate on the knuckleheads who actually believe in the Most High but distort scripture.

Last edited: