Anyone doubting the legitimacy of evolution NEEDS to watch the second episode of COSMOS

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
The thing about "coming from nothing" is that they are still trying to figure out if multiple universes and dimensions of time and space are real. At face value it seems as if the theory is saying it came from nothing but the theory gets deeper into connecting it to other ideas like multiple universes or dimensions meaning that it wouldn't come from nothing but it would come from some warp in space time possibly. I don't know the fine details about most of this stuff but just keep in mind it's not really saying it "comes from nothing" because the theory connects with others that together fully explain the situation about what happens when stars collapse and space/time is bent or warped.

For example hypothetically when a star collapses it could burst into another universe of space/time which in that universe would appear as a big bang coming from nothing.
I know what you are talking about. At this point however we are delving into complex theoretical astrophysics and math that still doesn't come close to explaining it fully.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Like I said to the other guy in this thread:

There are arguments that are already being addressed and HAVE been resolved that you're not aware of, yet you're claiming that such things haven't been addressed.
Like what? What did I say hasnt been addressed? I want receipts.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
but this does more to explain anything than you just moving the goalposts on your deity.
Why do you feel like I am in competition with modern physics and math to be correct? Are you that desperate for an argument? I didn't move any goalposts, I am knowledgeable on most subjects of the day, and you just seem angry for no reason. @Mephistopheles @Serious @Broletariat Am i crazy here? Please read through the last 2 pages of my discussin with @Napoleon and let me know If i'm the crazy one here...:dahell: I mean, im the one that told you that stars dont create hydrogen. You tried to give me a page on wiki about stellar nucleosynthesis like you were kicking knowledge. Why do my beliefs disturb you so much? Is it that you have displayed a serious inability to understand them?

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Why do you feel like I am in competition with modern physics and math to be correct? Are you that desperate for an argument? I didn't move any goalposts, I am knowledgeable on most subjects of the day, and you just seem angry for no reason. @Mephistopheles @Serious @Broletariat Am i crazy here? Please read through the last 2 pages of my discussin with @Napoleon and let me know If i'm the crazy one here...:dahell: I mean, im the one that told you that stars dont create hydrogen. You tried to give me a page on wiki about stellar nucleosynthesis like you were kicking knowledge. Why do my beliefs disturb you so much? Is it that you have displayed a serious inability to understand them?
I like @Napoleon and he's clearly knowledgeable, but he could clearly use a blunt breh. This whole shyt shouldn't be this serious. It's the fukking internet, the coli ffs. This is the most casual of websites.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
I know what you are talking about. At this point however we are delving into complex theoretical astrophysics and math that still doesn't come close to explaining it fully.
Im just saying though, look at anybody who is against the idea of a big bang theory and the usual tounge in cheek remark is ".....at the end of the day, how can something come from nothing" but the idea isn't that it comes from nothing.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Im just saying though, look at anybody who is against the idea of a big bang theory and the usual tounge in cheek remark is ".....at the end of the day, how can something come from nothing" but the idea isn't that it comes from nothing.
The only way we will ever know is to observe another big bang. Until we do that, everything is just hypotheses which cannot be tested. Not saying they wont have merit, but this guy sums it best. http://www.askamathematician.com/20...ang-expansion-where-did-the-energy-come-from/

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
On a matter of sheer epistemology, you're moving the goalposts.

If you just admitted that you want to believe in a god because it comforts you, rather than saying you have evidence to do so. We could be done here.

Rather, you want to make it seem like you have some sort of reasonability for your beliefs.

Case-in-point: 150 years ago, you wouldn't be talking about "god" being the "creator of the universe and being behind the big bang"...you'd just stop at wherever cosmology was at that point.

Thats whats disingeniuous about your argument.

When science advances, your god and what it is shifts.

Thats not a definition.

Thats a reaction.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The only way we will ever know is to observe another big bang. Until we do that, everything is just hypotheses which cannot be tested. Not saying they wont have merit, but this guy sums it best. http://www.askamathematician.com/20...ang-expansion-where-did-the-energy-come-from/
WHICH is why I take direct umbrage with your stance.

Your "god" rests safely in a tenet thats very hard to prove only because thats the only place it has left to go.

Thats NOT a strength of an argument i'd want to align myself with.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I like @Napoleon and he's clearly knowledgeable, but he could clearly use a blunt breh. This whole shyt shouldn't be this serious. It's the fukking internet, the coli ffs. This is the most casual of websites.
tumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I find no issue with your position. I think Napoleon is hung up on your usage of the word God, but your conception of God is more of simply a loosely-defined source of all, which at this point and maybe forever will be unknown; not a theological myth. I don't see anything unreasonable about that.