Anybody living comfortably without college?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Your strive for mediocrity is inspiring breh :whoo:
i realized who i am and im happy living with it. im a construction worker who has a good job and im not gonna be a millionare from it. in a few years i will move up to foreman and run crews and i will make alittle more and work alittle less so i wont be some old a$$hole killing myself in the trenches with the young bucks

as i start to save money of course the thought of investments and shyt have crossed my mine but im a realist. im not gonna invent some internet craze like facebook, im not gonna start a fast food company that expands and im not gonna get rich off investing 20k

so basically unless i hit the lottery which i play a couple times a week with $1-$2 quick picks im just gonna stack the bread i do make, take vacations, eat good food and live my life. ive never needed much and can live without a ferrari and mansion although i wouldnt mind it lol

most people who try to become millionaires are failures. most millionaires are born into that shyt with access to capital or a rich daddy. if your a normal dude chances are thats your lifes destiny

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I'd rather be the millionaire who's straight chillin :stopitslime:

I only know one millionaire, and his life is the definition of coasting and relaxing :ahh:

But I know tons of middle class people who are miserable, hate their jobs, and wish they didn't have to deal with bosses, traffic, and the shyt the rest of gotta deal with when it comes to being an employee.

The more money I make, the happier I get, and everyone I know with money says the same thing.
Well then..

Trust me, most rich nikkas live a life of stress, especially on the road to the riches

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm Constantly having thoughts about college & whether or not I wanna continue spending money on classes.

I think I just need to admit that I don't wanna be in college, but I'm just scared of being forced to live with my parents or some wack shyt.

Is it possible in today's economy to make enough to live comforably in a 1 rm apartment without a college degree? :ohhh:

1. Don't get a car note
2. Don't make fast food a habit. (unless you got a connect,meaning lonely female manager that likes you)
3. fukk cable,anything you need to find is the internet.
4. Dont fukk with hoes unless they have expendable cash and are obedient
5. Dont have kids anytime soon

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently a pre major in electrical engineering. It isn't even about that though, I just sometimes feel like I'd be better off not going. Maybe I do need a break, I dunno. I just wanna know that I won't be fukked without a degree

I'm just curious as to why you chose EE for your major. A lot of people choose engineering programs because they know they will make money but they eventually get frustrated and quit because the program is very tough.

If I were you, I would get a degree in something. It's better to do it while you are young than to try to go back when you are older with kids/wife. You can still be successful without a degree but just keep in mind that you will miss a lot of opportunities by not having an degree. Also, I know for a fact the when some jobs start to lay off people, they start with the people that don't have a degree. I mentioned it on here before but I had a friend who worked for a large real estate company. He was in HR and they made him meet with all the employees who didn't have a degree to lay them off and give them a severance package. After he finished the list, they laid him off and gave him a package since he didn't have a degree.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Well then..

Trust me, most rich nikkas live a life of stress, especially on the road to the riches

How many millionaires are you friends with :leostare:?

The last time this subject came up, some dummy on here told me rich people are miserable and lonely. He later admitted he's never even met a rich person :smh:

yup, dropouts from harvard and yale

:facepalm:

Breh, let these nikkas live in duckberg. They really think dropping out of community college is the same thing as dropping out of Harvard to start some of the worlds largest companies.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yep, I live in 4 bedroom house, car paid for..... I wouldn't say ballin but living comfortably

Now I am married which makes it alot easier and my wife has her degree....

I still make more then her though... But I've been working since I was 19 and the shyt hasn't been easy....

I went to college right after high school, but right after my freshman year my moms passed and I had my son so I really didn't have no choice but to get out here and get it. I couldn't go live with my parents...

It's not the route that I would suggest to anyone but you can propser without college, I have a strong work history and my resume is on point. I honestly don't think I would have the same work history if I didn't have a son... I would have spent about 3-4 years bullshytting from 19-23, but I instead I was working at Geico from 20-23....

Unless you got a dope job or something lined up, if you in college finish that shyt bruh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm Constantly having thoughts about college & whether or not I wanna continue spending money on classes.

I think I just need to admit that I don't wanna be in college, but I'm just scared of being forced to live with my parents or some wack shyt.

Is it possible in today's economy to make enough to live comforably in a 1 rm apartment without a college degree? :ohhh:

I live more than comfortably and I've never stepped food in a college, there's alot of smart dummy's who do what I do and get payed less with masters degrees and student loan payments for the next 15 years tho....

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It all depends on what you want to do. If you have some kind of genius innovation and/or extraordinary hustle, you'll do fine without college. Gates, Dell, Zuckerberg, Ralph Lauren, etc invented something and thus didn't need degrees to find success.

If you're really good at sales or some other kind of trade, you can do that without college. You can also do well with investing if you learn the game and know what you're doing.

If you have no exceptional skills, no drive, and don't really know what you want to do, there's little hope of having a comfortable life without either getting a degree or marrying up. Most businesses will not let you work your way up if you don't have a degree. Several of the people I knew in college were full time employees who were coming back to get a degree just so they could get the promotions they deserved.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you don't ever have kids and are Conservative as hell with money I can see it
Now if you are average Joe Blow who is lower Middle Class trying to stunt on a working class budget than :ufdup:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
why just live comfortable though? that's how they get you. don't fall into the trap. i know it looks good. you making 20-30 bucks an hour or you on salary. your able to pay all your bills. but 5 years later. you doing the same exact thing with the same company. meanwhile, outsiders coming in with degrees going straight to the top. i see a lot of people get upset cause they been with the company x amount of years and can't move up. take advantage of that tuition reimbursement and go back to school. unless you willing to be a major ass kisser, companies dont care how long you been with them.