Anybody living comfortably without college?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
do a trade. if your in the right city you can get into a union with all benefits, good pay and good hours and you will have something when you retire

youll never be rich but you will live a good life and basically a borderline balling life if your single with no kids and debt.

guys stress too much about money and always chasing the buck trying to get rich, dont do that. if you can get a decent pay and life with a clear coneshundseshes with no stress you will live longer and feel better

chances are you are never going to be rich so why live and breath it just live a normal life. you ever see dudes who spend every second worrying about their career? they die on the inside and dont have chance to stop and look around and take it all in

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
What do you do for a living?

First I was a mechanic for a while, now I drive trucks.

I am aware that if i did finish school or go to college, I'd probably wouldn't have to result to physical jobs. At the same time, I couldn't spend my days behind a desk without going crazy.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
In today's day and age you need that BA bruh, suck it up no homo and get that degree, then you can focus on anything you want.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
do a trade. if your in the right city you can get into a union with all benefits, good pay and good hours and you will have something when you retire

youll never be rich but you will live a good life and basically a borderline balling life if your single with no kids and debt.

guys stress too much about money and always chasing the buck trying to get rich, dont do that. if you can get a decent pay and life with a clear coneshundseshes with no stress you will live longer and feel better

chances are you are never going to be rich so why live and breath it just live a normal life. you ever see dudes who spend every second worrying about their career? they die on the inside and dont have chance to stop and look around and take it all in

How can I find out where I'd have the best chances of finding a job like that?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How can I get a job in the field without a degree :leostare:

Depending where you live, look and see what's available. Pretty sure not all jobs in the field require a degree if you have some experience

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
How can I find out where I'd have the best chances of finding a job like that?

like i said it depends on your city. if you live in a southern state unions arnt as big and harder to come across. in the northeast, mid atlantic and a lot of the west coast unions are big.

your best bet is to try enter an apprentice program. they usually last 2-4 years and then you become a journeyman

type in google your city and what field your interested in and "union". construction unions are called 'locals". in Boston the electricians is Local 103 roofers are local 33 etc

-Electriction(great job your always inside so no rain days plus its probably the most elite trade and hardest)
-plumber(great job you dont plug shyt all day you install new pipes)
-pipe fitter(good job you install big pipes in huge buildings)
-bricklayer/waterproofer(good job alittle tough but your outside all day and they get paid some of the highest)
-painter/glazer(they get paid the less but its easy work)
-iron worker(very hard and demanding but high as fukk pay)
-roofer(suck job and you miss time because of weather)

theres more but overall construction is not as hard and shytty as people make it out to be. sure theres tough days but i have easy days too. your always on the move and you work with dudes joking around all day. plus i smoke weed and go to work so im always blazed just laughing at shyt like random guys breaking there ankles i see or when i have to shyt destroying the porta potty and watching from a distance of some guy after me going in and seeing shyt inside the place where you piss and running out lol

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
College helps you to get a good job.
College doesn't help you get rich.
If you're a smart Black person, you know looking for a white man to give you a job isn't the smartest thing to do nowadays.

I have some college experience, 3 yrs military exp, 9 year IT experience. I make close to 90k, looking to start a business soon.

If you're broke, you're going to need capital to do anything. So get a good job and invest into something, hopefully your own skillset.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
sorry breh, Associates(general one at least) is nothing.
I know I still plan to get my bachelors, I was just saying at the very least that's what I would settle with.

I only have 2 more yrs until I graduate with a BA in Economics tho :manny:

Just trying to find internships and get some type of experience thru volunteering or something before I graduate

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College helps you to get a good job.
College doesn't help you get rich.
If you're a smart Black person, you know looking for a white man to give you a job isn't the smartest thing to do nowadays.

I have some college experience, 3 yrs military exp, 9 year IT experience. I make close to 90k, looking to start a business soon.

If you're broke, you're going to need capital to do anything. So get a good job and invest into something, hopefully your own skillset.

my response to this is that its not the same as it was 14-15 years ago and the IT field is increasingly competitive and outsourced. you also have the military experience that helps people get direction

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
About to get on with a State office position with the next month but yes and no on living comfortably without college.

I'm a class away from having my associates' degree but I have over a decade of experience for the position I'm trying to get on. I can't say having some college education along the way didn't help in landing this cause it does play a difference.

You can have a master's degree but if you're not going to go anywhere if you can't apply your skills quickly. Experience is key.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Currently a pre major in electrical engineering. It isn't even about that though, I just sometimes feel like I'd be better off not going. Maybe I do need a break, I dunno. I just wanna know that I won't be fukked without a degree

breh, complete the electrical engineering degree

a graduate with a college degree makes more than a person with just a high school diploma.

unless you have a great, successful business idea then dropout knowingly.

if you circumstance, prevent college thats another thing.

but if you are dropping college just to live a life of mediocrity, dont, instead continue to step it up and get that college degree.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
sorry breh, Associates(general one at least) is nothing.

I know some people :eat: decently off of Associates degrees. You just have to get it in something specific, not general studies type stuff. People that go into stuff like HVAC, dental hygiene, etc., can make decnet money. Particularly stuff in the medical fied.