Anybody from Oakland? Depressing ass Documentary

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Im from Oakland. Pretty Black never shoulda came to the town. You can't stunt a Lambo in the slums. Not even Felix Mitchell could do that shyt today. I seen this movie a few months back, some real sad shyt. This is the reason I don't trip off the Warriors moving to SF, Oakland is 1 of the top 4 worse cities in America and is so bad that they can't even have a Mall in the city of Oakland so how can they have 3 pro sports teams? Oakland is a fukked up place to live or be in.

Oakland isn't that bad. A good 85% of the violence is concentrated in select hoods in West Oakland and from about 60th-98th and below MacArthur (really Bancroft). Yea if you flashing money in the hood or you're trying to get down with that life, you're going to find yourself in some shyt, but there's so much more to Oakland that's worth serving (i.e. having a real mall/shopping district, teams, etc.) Unless you live in the neighborhoods or are involved with those type of people, there's really no reason for you to come in contact with those areas and you're free to live your life - Oakland aint some depressed shythole like Camden, Detroit, or Cleveland. And these half ass, low budget "documentaries" don't do anything but help glorify that life.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Oakland isn't that bad. A good 85% of the violence is concentrated in select hoods in West Oakland and from about 60th-98th between below MacArthur. Yea if you flashing money in the hood are trying to get down with that life, you're going to find yourself in some shyt, but there's so much more to Oakland that's worth serving (i.e. having a real mall/shopping district, teams, etc.) Unless you live in the neighborhoods or are involved with those type of people, there's really no reason for you to come in contact with those areas and you're free to live your life - Oakland aint some depressed shythole like Camden, Detroit, or Cleveland. And these half ass, low budget "documentaries" don't do anything but help glorify that life.
exactly

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the one ignant thing i do miss about oakland tho was the REAL sideshow, where you could go out to stunt, men and women could holler at each other, people was for real about swangin their whip, having the cops chase you from spot to spot....before they started getting shot up and dudes started stompin out chicks :stopitslime:. the sideshow was BIG fun

Daps
Reppin
NULL
not from here but currently live here. i like it. it was a trip to see this doc and have my street be on it :snoop:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Oakland isn't that bad. A good 85% of the violence is concentrated in select hoods in West Oakland and from about 60th-98th and below MacArthur (really Bancroft). Yea if you flashing money in the hood or you're trying to get down with that life, you're going to find yourself in some shyt, but there's so much more to Oakland that's worth serving (i.e. having a real mall/shopping district, teams, etc.) Unless you live in the neighborhoods or are involved with those type of people, there's really no reason for you to come in contact with those areas and you're free to live your life - Oakland aint some depressed shythole like Camden, Detroit, or Cleveland. And these half ass, low budget "documentaries" don't do anything but help glorify that life.
The vast majority of east Oakland looks like a dump. nikkas stay robbing, you can't have shyt without somebody tryna steal it. Oakland is a place that if you get a job that pays $15 per hour or close to it your moving outta Oakland to somewhere like Union City or Dublin. Oakland is a place that nobody wants to raise their kids in unless they live in the hills. Im done defending Oakland.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
the one ignant thing i do miss about oakland tho was the REAL sideshow, where you could go out to stunt, men and women could holler at each other, people was for real about swangin their whip, having the cops chase you from spot to spot....before they started getting shot up and dudes started stompin out chicks :stopitslime:. the sideshow was BIG fun

The sideshows was very fun when I was younger. But as a grown ass man how can you attend this kind of buffonery?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qGVE9ElsI&feature=player_detailpage#t=47s]OAKLAND SIDESHOW DRAMA - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ive been up here for a min but NEVER seen one until the other day from my balcony, i was stoked cause i thought it went out of style and i missed out.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
ive been up here for a min but NEVER seen one until the other day from my balcony, i was stoked cause i thought it went out of style and i missed out.

Every hot friday or saturday night you can find a sideshow in the summertime after the club. Stay away tho.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
*watches video above* COTDAMN yeah ill be staying away. maybe all i saw was some dudes wilin out doin donuts partying at an intersection cause it wasnt like that.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
*watches video above* COTDAMN yeah ill be staying away. maybe all i saw was some dudes wilin out doin donuts partying at an intersection cause it wasnt like that.

yea man, blame the crack babies - as well as the popo who fukked it up back when it was in parking lots, before the the cops started hatin and trying to arrest folks, you had more level headed people out there, but since they wasn't trying to catch cases, you end up with all the knuckleheads out there.

but back in the day, shyt used to pop off in the pac n save parking lot on hegenberger, shyt was dope. a good 200-300 people, music, spitting game, showing off your ride, being entertained by the driving antics, maybe a fight or two, but none of that getting your car stomped out or shot at. i seriously don't know what's wrong with these dudes, they simply have nothing to live for, thus they don't value their lives or the lives of others.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:sadbron: i missed out

i like my current spot but im thinking about dipping after the lease is up. theres not much out here besides corner stores so you gotta go out your way for groceries, restaurants, bars, etc.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda agree with this, but it's still a large enough concentration of people in the hood to raise an alarm. Most of the people affected by this type of lifestyle are those born into it and definitely comes from the family cycle. I know, my auntie's family, who moved right by International never encountered any of the problems, because they weren't about that life. I used to walk to the liquor store by myself as a 8 year old mixed boy and was naive of the possible danger I was putting myself in because Oakland looks like Disneyland compared to Detroit.

Still, coming from an educated middle class African-American family that lived in the hood, I was always taught to not stunt, be respectful, and keep my nose clean. Fortunately, I had that structure and saw no need to get involved in the craziness going on around me. So it definitely has to do with education and family giving the youth some sense of history, identity, pride, and confidence that they can achieve more than their past generations and they don't have to succumb to the savage lifestyle around them. Unfortunately, those of privilege just don't see enough economic value in changing the flawed institutions which these young people are born into.

For Pretty Black and Hennessy, there is a quote which many gangstas should live by if they want to stay alive:

"That's a clown suit. That's a costume, with a big sign on it that says "Arrest me". You understand? You're too loud, you're making too much noise. Listen to me, the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room" - Frank Lucas

It was bound to happen and I've seen it happen many times to those who live a gaudy lifestyle in the hood. You don't command respect unless you show that you are giving back to your community, and even then, all it takes is one bullet end it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:sadbron: i missed out

i like my current spot but im thinking about dipping after the lease is up. theres not much out here besides corner stores so you gotta go out your way for groceries, restaurants, bars, etc.

yea, i don't know where you're from or your situation, but if you want to stay in oakland, i suggest staying around lake merritt. hayward is cool too as a renter, maybe even emeryville. berkeley is also cool, but it's super white and more expensive

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
What's this sad song all about??? Lake Merritt and Downtown O is nice, Berkeley, cool suburbs to the south, San Fran across the bay, San Jose and silicon valley is also part of the bay, all the iconic bridges, pro sports, plenty of cool broads to holla at, good restaurants and weed, etc. etc. :rudy: I grew up in Fresno, we used to be jealous of cats that lived in the bay area. all that lovely shyt up there.. yeah East and West O is hood but Oakland ain't that big of a city to begin with. ya'll got some nice shyt up there. ya'll need to stop it! :stopitslime:
you're a nerd on the outside lookin in stfu...fresno ain't shyt compared to some of the hoods in eso and wso...the silicon valley ain't benefiting none of them nikkas in that video