Anybody from Oakland? Depressing ass Documentary

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
whose fault is that? not the sports teams or the owners of the malls or the developers of businesses. it's the black people who live there. it's their fault. i saw this documentary a long time ago, and all it did was make me shake my head. this is what black people in oakland (everywhere, really) have been reduced to. blacks wonder why there are food deserts in the hood. because who would want to open up shop in a place where the population doesn't have any respect for the businesses that operate there? its their fault.

??? I agree with the part about it being our own fault. I wish I had the answer on how to fix it.

Daps
??? I agree with the part about it being our own fault. I wish I had the answer on how to fix it.

the youth. better education (not necessarily through the schools only) and activities that the children can build on.

Sports, Study Skills, Technology, Art, Positive Images of Black People (TV and in the community), ect.

I think the general mentality of the hood (not just Oakland) is "I aint shyt, and I aint gon be shyt...so fukk it"

It wont be a simple fix but I think if kids have at least one thing in their life to contradict the constant reminder that "you are only a statistic" they will have something that can get them to try to do right when they are doing wrong.

let me have dat bytch breh

My mom be tryna get it too, Imma use it. I just aint had the motivation to set it up and all that. Im tryna get money out here I aint been thinking about the TV. The-coli is a big distraction tho :skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

food deserts are when you only find some shytty bodega in the hood. regular grocers like whole foods won't come into the hood, making it difficult to find fresh produce and other goods. as for how to fix it?

- valuing education

- ending the consumerist culture (stop glorifying ballers and rappers)

- community leadership that brings people together

- legalization of drugs. seriously. get rid of the black market.

these are just a few ideas, though there are plenty more actions that can be taken.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
- valuing education

these are just a few ideas, though there are plenty more actions that can be taken.
or jobs

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
food deserts are when you only find some shytty bodega in the hood. regular grocers like whole foods won't come into the hood, making it difficult to find fresh produce and other goods. as for how to fix it?

- valuing education

never gonna happen...conservatives will never allow it...and america would fold without the black market

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Dope vid just watched it. I liked what one old head said, basically the old generation gave up on the new generation by not being better mentors and role models, or atleast guide these Lil nikkas. Black on black murder is still high and that's some cities reality more then others.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Some good positive quotes from guy in the red shirt.

Favorite ironic part was when dude was like I'm just trying to take care of my kids and get off these streets, cause this ain't fun, this is just what we have to do :aicmon: .........and the camera pans to the left and he likes yeah :lolbron:, here comes my Chevy on 26s..... I'm like breh :snoop:......

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What's this sad song all about??? Lake Merritt and Downtown O is nice, Berkeley, cool suburbs to the south, San Fran across the bay, San Jose and silicon valley is also part of the bay, all the iconic bridges, pro sports, plenty of cool broads to holla at, good restaurants and weed, etc. etc. :rudy: I grew up in Fresno, we used to be jealous of cats that lived in the bay area. all that lovely shyt up there.. yeah East and West O is hood but Oakland ain't that big of a city to begin with. ya'll got some nice shyt up there. ya'll need to stop it! :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

agreed. but you need an educated workforce for jobs, and there are a lot of people in the hood that aren't educated. they chose to "floss" rather than find knowledge; education was an afterthought to them, preferring new jordans rather than a new book or computer for the purpose of developing skills.

people in the hood need to rethink their priorities. weed, bytches, clothes, hennessey...nah. focus on reading, writing, articulacy, technical skills, etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
never gonna happen...conservatives will never allow it...and america would fold without the black market

conservatives can't stop ballot measures that eventually legalize marijuana. it's pretty much happening across the nation, though the drug remains illegal at the federal level.