Anybody ever not file taxes for years??

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
some guys i work with have like 3-6 weeks in a row of their checks being taken how does that even happen? how big do you have to mess up?

i just file mine every year on time whether i want to or not and i dont have that shyt to deal with thankfully. guess im smart

Daps
Reppin
Cali sunshine
I filed 2009-12 back in Feb. I guess I fukked up in my calculations, because I sent them a check for around $50 for 2009. Well, I got a letter from the IRS a couple weeks ago saying their records show I owe $280 for that year. On top of that, they said I have till 5/27 to pay up or it's gonna get higher. I was pretty pissed, but after reading some of these stories I definitely feel better about my situation. At $6k+, I'd be losing my damn mind.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I owe so much taxes. Better you go to them before they get you. If you set up a payment plan they'll pretty much accept anything.

I owed a shyt ton of money one year and set up a plan, you had to fill out a form, and they said I'd get a call in 30 days. Two years later :beli:

Got a lot of tax debt to settle. They're lenient if they don't have to track you down.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have. I ended up getting my wages garnished.

What lead to garnishment?

some guys i work with have like 3-6 weeks in a row of their checks being taken how does that even happen? how big do you have to mess up?

i just file mine every year on time whether i want to or not and i dont have that shyt to deal with thankfully. guess im smart

When you get 1099's its easy to lose track especially if your not making quarterly payments to them. My plan was to stack up and pay them all at once during tax time but i didnt have all the bread. So i kept delaying. Never again now once i get paid money is going to a special account for tax payments. The stress aint worth it.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Got the word today im all caught up. Had to forfeit my 12 refund but no money came out my pockets. Celebrating tonight :blessed::blessed::blessed:
I'm glad you're out of that shyt man. I don't think anyone on here owed as much as me but I'm still working on getting it paid. When I got that anorexic check, my ass was like :sadbron: This check I got yesterday is the 1st check that I have gotten where I changed my withholdings because I was "locked in" at single and 0, and I finally got my wage attachment taken off. I still owe them a lot but now I'm set up on a plan where they don't take as much out. But I hope to have it paid off by the end of next year. Congrats though man!! :cheers:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Wesley Snipes went to prison for not filing taxes.

This nikka ain't Wesley Snipes :stopitslime: (i.e. millionaire, making major 6 figures, etc.), he's not worth putting int jail (unless he out here scamming something serious :unsure:). However, this nikka is definitely gonna get his shyt took (with interest) until he pays everything back.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I filed 2009-12 back in Feb. I guess I fukked up in my calculations, because I sent them a check for around $50 for 2009. Well, I got a letter from the IRS a couple weeks ago saying their records show I owe $280 for that year. On top of that, they said I have till 5/27 to pay up or it's gonna get higher. I was pretty pissed, but after reading some of these stories I definitely feel better about my situation. At $6k+, I'd be losing my damn mind.

Lol, at $6k. You would be fukking amazed at what some of these white people out here thats been caught cheating owe Uncle Sam. shyt would literally have you :OHshyt:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What lead to garnishment?

When you get 1099's its easy to lose track especially if your not making quarterly payments to them. My plan was to stack up and pay them all at once during tax time but i didnt have all the bread. So i kept delaying. Never again now once i get paid money is going to a special account for tax payments. The stress aint worth it.

Just cooperate with tax season. You'll be sittin there thinkin life is great and fine and then you'll notice a 3rd of your check missing. You'll scramble trying to figure out who jacked you. Who found your debit card but all roads lead to one place in the end. Uncle Sam. And when they garnish, they take Big chunks, giving zero fukks about what you're going through. Just go with the flow or get rich and stop payin taxes.