Any brothers on here successfully fought custody and/or child support?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My brother went through hell to get custody of his kids. bytch had to get popped as a pill junkie for them to award my brother custody. Then after he moved states, bytch ass small town judge is trying to overrule his custody order and his protection order. My bro putting a civil suit against the city. They fukked up.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
You had the kid you should pay child support :yeshrug:

My contention isn't with providing financial support for my daughters, I wanna clear that up for anyone who is confused. Its the set up of the amount they want me to pay, as well as the advantages automatically given to mothers...

The system is broken and I don't personally know anyone who successfully fought it, so I appreciate hearing brothers speak on it. Doing for my daughters isn't an issue and never has been, I've been doing it their entire lives...

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
According to my attorney, back child support could be forgiven in my case because of the pandemic---->said he doesn't know that for a fact, but that he had heard they were not shytting on dudes for a few months due to the pabdemic...

So I could have that in my favor. She and I broke up in late March (before then I lived with my kids and did everything). I gave her a few hundred April thru August so even if they hit me on that, they'd take that into account and it would be subtracted...

I'm not completely out on this shyt!

I appreciate it, this is encouraging!

So as I stated earlier, I think my crimimal history will keep me from getting primary custody unless she goes to jail or turns into an addict or deadbeat---->don't see that happening and can't bank on it anyway. But I was told they'd just glance over my criminal file alone and determine i cant be the primary, which is fukked up but whatever...

So my goal is to shoot for shared...

Man its so hard shopping for lawyers. I have a white dude as my attorney, granted I found an office that handled both criminal and civil cases and overall they were good. The few black attorneys I found didn't have great reviews, and this civil/family guy is the only guy they have who does civil shyt...

I'd love to have a woman attorney but its hard shopping out here!

The core issue for custody is proving that you are capable of providing stability for the children. They had Child Services come through and make sure I had adequate space for the kids and literally checked the cabinets and fridge for food. Of course you need to have steady income, most unemployed brehs I know of had a hell of a time out of the gate.

Since you're shooting for joint custody, you need to prove that you can provide an environment just as safe and stable as the Mother, you're a man so honestly you need to be a notch above. Have beds in the bedroom set aside already, dresser, etc. They're going to have you at a lower rung off rip, so come out the gate showing you have everything covered.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This talk of custody can get sticky. With joint, would you even be able to take your children half the week? Or half the time (however that looks for y’all)? Those overnights matter in your payment calculation along with the income of both parents, other expenses, etc.

I get child support and my ex and I have legal joint, but I’m the primary physical. We split our time with our son 60/40. On paper I make more:francis: so I have to cover Insurance and child care. I’m also in NC.
There’s a lot that goes into your situation, but think about what’s in the best interest of those 2 kids you have financially if that’s all you can do now.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
u better do that shyt thru the court. if ur sending money directly to her, she can always get mad and lawyer up and say you haven't sent shyt. this has happened countless times. get the amount ur need to pay, pay it and keep moving.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@ArtaXerXes

do you think the process being so arduous is why many men don’t even pursue custody ? There was a comment in another thread that — via the eyeball test and maybe more formal research — that most men don’t pursue custody.

I know a guy right now, stable and married, whose BM put him through hell(still kinda is) and to my knowledge he NEVER pursued custody . Bro ain’t een in the kids lives like that and they almost grown and he getting TAXED still :to:

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
I'm not on it, however, the girls' mom is now talking about I'm not sending her enough money and gave me a list of expenses. Last week she was talking about how the child support calculator says I should be sending her more---->which it does, but the child support calculator says I should be sending her 60% of my income....

Dead ass. 60 fukking percent....

!

60 PERCENT!!!! :deadmanny:

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ArtaXerXes

do you think the process being so arduous is why many men don’t even pursue custody ? There was a comment in another thread that — via the eyeball test and maybe more formal research — that most men don’t pursue custody.

I know a guy right now, stable and married, whose BM put him through hell(still kinda is) and to my knowledge he NEVER pursued custody . Bro ain’t een in the kids lives like that and they almost grown and he getting TAXED still :to:

Yea I think your right, its a tough process and one I don't recommend to the faint of heart, you have to have a hell of support system plus most men think too logically to really pursue custody and most women know that and play off

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This talk of custody can get sticky. With joint, would you even be able to take your children half the week? Or half the time (however that looks for y’all)? Those overnights matter in your payment calculation along with the income of both parents, other expenses, etc.

I get child support and my ex and I have legal joint, but I’m the primary physical. We split our time with our son 60/40. On paper I make more:francis: so I have to cover Insurance and child care. I’m also in NC.
There’s a lot that goes into your situation, but think about what’s in the best interest of those 2 kids you have financially if that’s all you can do now.
How much in fees is taken out of child support payments by the courts? Do they just direct deposit the money into your bank account. Did you try mediation and going outside the courts first?