King of Blades
Daps
6thk3p.jpg

See more on Know Your Meme

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except it's not.

well then name 2 black people on GOT that is or wasn't a slave?

I'll give you the pirate. We don't know enough about his backstory so he might also be a former slave. But name one black person who isn't defined by being owned by someone else on that show?

Now name 10 white character who weren't slaves?

See the difference. Black people on the show are defined as being slaves and subservient to white. There are white slaves and servants. But white people on the show aren't defined solely by one characteristic.

That is why I say GOT is racist. We are defined only in one light. SLAVES.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
well then 2 black people on GOT that is or wasn't a slave?

I'll give you the pirate. We don't know enough about his backstory so he might also be a former slave. But name one black person who isn't defined by being owned by someone else on that show?

Now name white character who weren't slaves?

See the difference. Black people on the show are defined as being slaves and subservient to white. There are white slaves and servants. But white people on the show aren't defined solely by one characteristic.

That is why I say GOT is racist. We are defined only in one light. SLAVES.

We've told you that Salladhor Saan was never a slave. Your point doesn't hold water.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of it was on point, some of it was reaching. I never understood why some black people take offense to the notion of the spear. The spear is a great African weapon, no shame in that. I think if anything, we should embrace that more.

I can understand why some people would be offended over the slave imagery, but what kind of slaves would you expect in that region of the world? Asian slaves? There's more to black history than slaves, but slavery is interesting to write about and it fits within Dany's overarching character so it's not out of place from a writing standpoint. I don't expect G.R.R martin to write a great pan-African epic. That should be black peoples job. Does game of thrones use stereotypes? yes. Is game of thrones racist? no.

you people are so brainwashed by white supremacy that you can't even tell what is wrong anymore

listen to yourself.....you are justifying the singular portrayal of black/brown people as savages and slaves by saying what else do you expect from that part of the world

Are there any slaves in Westeros? Joffery and the rest of the white people have servants but are they called slaves? No. They are called hand maidens and squires. While the black servants are slaves.

Wasn't the white right hand man of Dany kicked out of Westeros for selling slaves? Can't you see the problem? Why aren't Joffrey and the rest of the rich whites in Westeros servants called slaves? Why is it that only the black and brown people are slaves? Why is it that it takes a white woman to save black and brown people from slavery?

The fact you nikkas have the gall to justify this shyt shows how well white supremacy has brainwashed you.

teacher

All Star
Daps
FYI to the dummies....black is a race....1 of three....arab, indian, middle eastern etc are just ethnicities/nationalities....there are black arabs....as there are white africans.... must be CACs :snoop:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
1.In the first city daenarys goes 2 in like the 3rd episode..they had white slaves crucified..

2.in the books they got the summer set isles which is located in a Caribbean like region..they have thea own kingdom/religion/culture..they black.

3.u gotta understand westeros is like Europe, and essos where dany is at its like the middle east...if anybody should be pissed it should be Asians...no Asians at all in that world

4.Salladhor Saan isn't and was never a slave.

Reaching hard with this one

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
now name one other black character that isn't a slave?

there have been tons on the show including extras (who all happen to be slaves)

Some members (extras) of the Dothraki clan were black. None were slaves.

Your point just doesn't hold water. What do you want? Do you just want he show to insert a black character to appease you?

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
you people are so brainwashed by white supremacy that you can't even tell what is wrong anymore

listen to yourself.....you are justifying the singular portrayal of black/brown people as savages and slaves by saying what else do you expect from that part of the world

Are there any slaves in Westeros? Joffery and the rest of the white people have servants but are they called slaves? No. They are called hand maidens and squires. While the black servants are slaves.

Wasn't the white right hand man of Dany kicked out of Westeros for selling slaves? Can't you see the problem? Why aren't Joffrey and the rest of the rich whites in Westeros servants called slaves? Why is it that only the black and brown people are slaves? Why is it that it takes a white woman to save black and brown people from slavery?

The fact you nikkas have the gall to justify this shyt shows how well white supremacy has brainwashed you.

They're not called slaves in westeros because theres a distinction made in the book....the ones in westeros are more like modern day butlers/maids and in essos they're actually treated like slaves so they're called slaves there. In the book the slaves are also never described by their skin color. Sounds like ur beef is with the show writers making all the slaves dark skinned :manny:. The last scene in the show was corny tho and wasn't in the book either. So leave my man GRM out of this breh :ufdup:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

Your reaching with that every black person is a savage or a slave. Xaro Xhoan Daxos is a wealthy merchant who started from the bottom but became the boss of Qarth. He was originally written as a white dude in the book, the only thing they changed about him in the television adaptation, was the actor-played by a black man. So, there's one I can think of. Same goes for Salador the pirate.

The pirate dude is well as ...cultured as you would expect a pirate to be. The whole obsession with cersei thing aside , he doesn't seem any more savage than any other character on the show.

George Martin obviously drew inspiration from the arab slave trade. I don't know if you know this but arabs enslaved Africans. That's just how it is. You can be angry over that, there are actual white slaves depicted in the television series, interestingly enough if you go back and watch the scene where Dany arrived into the slave city, there was a white slave hooked up to some kind of torture device and another one lead by what looked to be wealthy looking black slave owner couple so it's not like there aren't white slaves, it's just that they're much less common. :russ:. All in the same episode no less, Walk of Humiliation I believe. On that note, wasn't Varys a slave? I know he's not from Westeros, but last time I checked Varys was white.

I think white slaves are just that less common because most of westeros subscribes to a system of serfdom. What slaves they had were probably "exchanges" with other empires.

Slavery was never popping like that in Europe in the first place and Westeros is obviously meant to be Medieval Europe. They had land slaves, but slave slaves?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
well then muthafukka if you dont want movies like this support black produced movies. AfterEarth was a Will Smith production and that got shytted on, on here. A movie where in the future a black man is the captain and white crewmen respect him.

but no, you want to follow white critics in calling it shyt, and make fun of his son.

WTF is going on here man.