Any black person who still watches Game of Thrones after this scene is a co0n

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Every 'race' gets shat on in the media, don't know why anyone of any color complains about it.

probably because white people get shat on, praised, and everything else in between in equal measure. minorities get slandered or used as tokens far more than anything else.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My problem is the fact that black people are simply slaves to white people even in fiction. I wouldn't have had much of a problem if there were no black people on the show. It would've sucked but I would've just chalked it up to a make believe world created by cacs. What I do have a problem about is the fact that the only black people ever on the show are current or former slaves. That imbeds in the consciousness of all viewers that black have been and continue to be nothing more than slaves.

Okay I can understand this point of view

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. the fact that it even upsets you shows that white media already won against YOU. YOU applied the context that black =/= slaves in fact if we are talking about a straight up BLACK PERSON then Sallador Saan is the only thing close. And he was a Pirate...the embodiment of being a master of your own destiny, a part of the reason just about ALL cultures romanticize them.

2. in the text the slaves of Astapor and Yunkai are ALL colors...however, LOGISTICALLY it makes no sense to employ/fly out/lodge/feed and costume a bunch of asian/white/latin people when you are shooting in Morocco... $$$$$ >>>>>>>> Skin color, c00n :ufdup:

3. A pregnant woman was stabbed to death at a wedding but nikkas are mad at freed "slaves". :why: Shouldn't blade abortions rank a little lower on your wretchedness scale than some slaves being happy they were freed?

4. Stop being so color struck. You are not a slave and never will be, a white man will never be your master nor anyone else's. Harping on color so much takes away from the focus on the culture and it looks backwards, UPN and BET have done much more to ruin the image of us than HBO ever did.

5. Race doesn't exist. :pachaha:

threads like this expose real black folks from those who pretend to be black on a forum

I can't believe there is a black person alive who wouldn't be disgusted that the only black people on the show are slaves. Even if you want to pretend there were no black people in that throng of slaves the white bytch was crowd surfing on, you can't deny that her lead soldier and slave girl are black. And many of her unsullied troops were black.

The show portrays whites in all lights. Good, bad, noble, evil, etc. There is no one singular image for white people. Just like in real life, white people are individuals identified by their actions and conduct not their skin color. Black/brown people on the show however are one image. SLAVES. We are not defined by who we are but by our skin color.

That is the problem. That is the issue we have.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
this dude has an inferiority complex.

white people and arabs enslaved black people. shyt is true, so all white people know of black people in the past is slavery. Black people don't even know their own history so how do you expect a white person to envision us anything but.

If you going to sent black kids to white man's education where they learn nothing of black history and the great African kingdoms, how can you expect their imaginations to flourish. Most black kids in the hood don't even know who Nat Turner is and its a crime.

Until black educate their own from birth about our history what do you expect.

"Only a fool would let his enemy teach his children." - Malcolm X

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
threads like this expose real black folks from those who pretend to be black on a forum

I can't believe there is a black person alive who wouldn't be disgusted that the only black people on the show are slaves. Even if you want to pretend there were no black people in that throng of slaves the white bytch was crowd surfing on, you can't deny that her lead soldier and slave girl are black. And many of her unsullied troops were black.

The show portrays whites in all lights. Good, bad, noble, evil, etc. There is no one singular image for white people. Just like in real life, white people are individuals identified by their actions and conduct not their skin color. Black/brown people on the show however are one image. SLAVES. We are not defined by who we are but by our skin color.

That is the problem. That is the issue we have.

There i can actually agree with you on, there aren't enough black faces on the show in a positive light, but then again its going of a source material so i can't fault it for trying to stick to that.

The shot in question WAS done in poor taste, and it coulda been better but you still ignored the fact that it looked like that most likely not for effect but because logistically it woulda been a night mare to have paler faces in that crowd.

And breh, i'm black. But i don't pretend to be a caricature of the culture. Science says race doesn't exist, and even beyond that any male can mate with any female...again proving that race doesn't exist. I don't let racial shyt bother me because ignorant people are ignorant people, period. To say some one is a c00n because they enjoy the amazing writing, set and costume design and story of Game of Thrones because of ONE SHOT is ignorant in my opinion.

No one said shyt when the only Black man on True Blood was a murderer and got noodled in one season...or how the only black woman has slept with a new person every season and part of a 1800's rape fantasy/kidnapping....:ohhh:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dontknow about that but any male who reps house targarayen is a fakkit :joffrey:

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
white saviors are a staple in western media...you will almost exclusively see white people saving the day on tv and in movies...why would game of thrones be any different????...even django had to share some of his glory with a white character...audiences [of all races and colors] wouldnt have it any other way...

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

A lot of it was on point, some of it was reaching. I never understood why some black people take offense to the notion of the spear. The spear is a great African weapon, no shame in that. I think if anything, we should embrace that more.

I can understand why some people would be offended over the slave imagery, but what kind of slaves would you expect in that region of the world? Asian slaves? There's more to black history than slaves, but slavery is interesting to write about and it fits within Dany's overarching character so it's not out of place from a writing standpoint. I don't expect G.R.R martin to write a great pan-African epic. That should be black peoples job. Does game of thrones use stereotypes? yes. Is game of thrones racist? no.