Any artists in here?

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
do you guys use different types of media. i only use pencils for the most part. i used charcoal and paint before, but thats whatever to me. havent used anything digital, but i want to

Everything that Kev said is how I do things, these days. I use photoshop, instead of sumopaint, though.

Sometimes charcoal is fun, but mostly pencil or pen if doing something on paper. Paint can be relatively expensive and messy, so I don't really mess with it too much. I've been messing with digital mostly as of late. Check out sumopaint.com. It's free to use and is an online painting program.

Which reminds me, if you guys need photoshop, pm me. I might be able to...um....show you where to buy it from. :scheme:

:shaq:

Oh, also, there is a program called Open Canvas, that is free. It's really simple to use, and you can connect with other people to draw with. I used to be on it all the time. Kind of like a paint chat.

Anyways, if you don't feel like downloading your "legal copy :scheme:" of photoshop, you might want to play around with Open canvas. If you master the concept of layers, then you'll be ready for photoshop. :yes:

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
OpenCanvas is a popular computer graphics software program created by Portalgraphics. It was specifically designed for use with pressure-sensitive drawing tablets; it is a sketch program rather than a general-purpose graphic design program.

It was originally released as freeware, but the authors moved to a demo/retail model starting with version 2.
openCancas 1.1 b72, the last free version, is available for download.

shotocde4.jpg

Open Canvas in action (not me)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHD55OfRc3M&feature=player_detailpage"]Wolf - Digital Drawing in OpenCanvas - YouTube[/ame]

**download here**

Installation

(1.) Unzip the archive to a folder and launch the .exe file.

(2.) In the last menu on the right, select "English".
shot-oc3.png

(3.) Go to File----> New (to start a fresh project)
shot-oc2.png

(4.) Go ape shyts! Play around with it. Have fun.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Preciate it man. I'm highly considering investing in a tablet asap

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Powerful thread! I am definitely getting back to painting....I remember first time I took painting class teacher was beyond impressed with my work, spent some time on an african land escape piece and this old african dude begged me to let him have it after I was done with it. I didn't really mind because it reminded him of home.

Anyways the landscape ended up getting stolen and teacher not only gave me 4.0 but also expensive painting material encouraging me to keep it up.

I never really got back into it although the painting material still in my room.

Anyways I am definitely going back since it's summer and I have loads of time.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm on a mission to make a ton of progress this month. Going to be focusing mostly on the human face

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Finally ended up getting an intuos tablet yesterday. Night and day difference. I probably spent at least 5 hours messing with it yesterday.

Aq04l.jpg

e9FT8.jpg