Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
EA is obviously not without blame but Bioware's problems started when Casey Hudson decided to lock out the actual writers and take over writing "Mass Effect 3", which lead to that terrible ending.

They haven't recovered as a studio since "ME3".

Fred.

ME3 ending was godawful but Andromeda and Anthem are really just in a league of their own.

Imagine going to work and spending time on random shyt for years.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
WASTED 7 YEARS DOING NOTHING BUT DRAWING CONCEPT ART!!!! :laff::laff: Lazy ass muthafukkas...

Basically what happens when you let a artist be an artist.

Bioware is at fault for leadership not getting people in line and this BioWare magic bs.

EA is at fault for pushing this dumbass engine and enabling this type of game development.

There’s nothing inherently evil about GaaS the problem is how you monetize it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ME3 ending was godawful but Andromeda and Anthem are really just in a league of their own.

Imagine going to work and spending time on random shyt for years.

I don't disagree but "ME3" was the first time (as far as I know anyway, where private info was made public) where people stopped staying in their lane at Bioware. Prior to that there seemed to be a very clear chain of command and division of labor.

Since then it's obviously gotten 100x worse but that was the first time I heard of where somebody who had no business doing a job (game director deciding to be a writer) was like :manny: "I can do this".

Since then it's been chaos. Even reading about "Dragon Age: Inquisition" (which I liked) it seems like nobody knew what the fukk was going on at any given moment.

I'm curious how much of this has to do with the founders of Bioware (Ray Muzyka and Ray Zeschuk) leaving after "ME3". Maybe they're the reason the company ran so smoothly all those years. :manny:

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
that article did more damage than all the bugs and content missing :dwillhuh: when they went on about "wishing inquisition failed" then I knew it was serious

bioware bodied themselves with that reflexive, half-assed PR response too dismissing everything before even reading it

this might be the shyt that gets unions going finally

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite all the behind the scenes fukkery and turmoil I still have fun with this game.

I plan on getting all the achievements and then swiftly tossing this game in the bushes. :ohlawd: I expect after May all support for this game will cease.
That what make this so sad is that the core game play loop is really fun but if bioware would have had proper leaderships from the start this game could have been so much better.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Jason Schreier with some more details on what went on in the background during development. I wanted this game to be so much more :mjcry:

Looks like everything that happened with Bungie/Destiny happened again with Bioware/Anthem :francis:

I just watched the video andI cant wait to read the article. It sounds like Andromeda all over again but worse.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Despite all the behind the scenes fukkery and turmoil I still have fun with this game.

I plan on getting all the achievements and then swiftly tossing this game in the bushes. :ohlawd: I expect after May all support for this game will cease.
let this trash die

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The word Destiny being Voldermort status in the studio:mjlol:
The cost of transparency :mjlol:

Bob Dylan of Video Games:mjlol:
Bioware magic:mjlol:
The fact that EA isn't the bad guy in this situation :mjlol: