Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
They buffed the hell out of the Ranger. Shyt, they may have actually overbuffed it a bit, some of the masterwork components are ridiculous now. Not complaining as it's my favorite Javelin :manny:

Anyone playing interceptor? It's the only Javelin that I just have not found fun or useful.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They buffed the hell out of the Ranger. Shyt, they may have actually overbuffed it a bit, some of the masterwork components are ridiculous now. Not complaining as it's my favorite Javelin :manny:

Anyone playing interceptor? It's the only Javelin that I just have not found fun or useful.
Interceptor feels like it got too many conditionals still. You gotta do X and Y in order to get the most damage with Z and it takes glass cannon to another level too.

I hate to say it, but Ranger is nasty as fukk right now... The only 'downside' is that its all mostly singlepoint damage. They can't air out a clearing like a Colossus can. But if built the right way they could probably beat a storm by picking off people one at a time between ults. The biggest thing is that Tip of The Spear legendary. Every 5th(?) hit procs acid on a target? You don't need primers anymore lol. That shyt is ridiculous just being able to SHOOT something and get free acid for it. Some of the other components being buffed to 'on hit' instead of 'on kill' makes shyt a breeze. There's tons of ways to regen health - and Rangers don't have to worry about being killed instantly at higher levels like Storm/Interceptor

I think Int can work, but you really gotta find a playstyle with it BEFORE going for a build. If you can't apply damage reliably through how you go about business normally then Int is just an obtuse as fukk class imo

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Interceptor feels like it got too many conditionals still. You gotta do X and Y in order to get the most damage with Z and it takes glass cannon to another level too.

I hate to say it, but Ranger is nasty as fukk right now... The only 'downside' is that its all mostly singlepoint damage. They can't air out a clearing like a Colossus can. But if built the right way they could probably beat a storm by picking off people one at a time between ults. The biggest thing is that Tip of The Spear legendary. Every 5th(?) hit procs acid on a target? You don't need primers anymore lol. That shyt is ridiculous just being able to SHOOT something and get free acid for it. Some of the other components being buffed to 'on hit' instead of 'on kill' makes shyt a breeze. There's tons of ways to regen health - and Rangers don't have to worry about being killed instantly at higher levels like Storm/Interceptor

I think Int can work, but you really gotta find a playstyle with it BEFORE going for a build. If you can't apply damage reliably through how you go about business normally then Int is just an obtuse as fukk class imo
Yeah it needs to be more cannon for the amount of glass that comes with it. I enjoy Interceptor and just cant bring myself to use guns with it. I have to melee. I like that all 3 javelins are almost required to play dramatically different at higher levels. Once I got the legendary Ice Blast with Storm that is practically unlimited with how fast it recharges, I just skill tank around and only equip guns that have inscriptions to boost my armor/shields. Interceptor skills suck compared to the rest. Honestly with my play style I should keep distance and clear out areas with a MkRifle then come in for CQC when I can focus on Ursix/Boss Enemy(not titans/monitor)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Not surprised at all. If you followed the company you could sense something like this was happening. Like I said when the company was first bought, that EA would run Bioware into the ground and close the studio after they got everything they could out of them. I hope the company can reform and create great games again.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not surprised at all. If you followed the company you could sense something like this was happening. Like I said when the company was first bought, that EA would run Bioware into the ground and close the studio after they got everything they could out of them. I hope the company can reform and create great games again.

EA is obviously not without blame but Bioware's problems started when Casey Hudson decided to lock out the actual writers and take over writing "Mass Effect 3", which lead to that terrible ending.

They haven't recovered as a studio since "ME3".

Fred.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TLDR summary of the issues:

• Game decisions. Game was in pre-production for a long time almost to 9 months to release.
    • No clear vision of what the game was going to be about. Just a vague idea: dangerous planet. exosuit.

• Leadership not taking decisions early on as to what game they wanted to make

• Starting from scratch instead of re-iterating

• ignoring other games in the franchise.
  • Game was not playable till the last few months
    • Play testers inside the studio could not even play the game 6 months before launch because of
      • The game wasn't ready to play.

• How can they spend 40-60-90 hours playing if there just isn't a game to play.

• One tester couldn't play the game to even test it for one full week because server issues.
  • Games as a service model means: put out a game and continually improve it.
    • EA is actively telling developers that it's ok to put out a product and then expect it to get better later on, instead of having a finished product on day 1.
  • Lot of belief in "magic"
    • Causing stress to devs because the magic is basically people working crunch hours at the end to make things happen due to bad time management due to managerial indecision
  • Frostbite engine problems
    • EA at fault here.

• Engine is really hard to develop on

• Frostbite engine Support team time is rationed by EA. Usually given to games that bring in more money.

• Frostbite engine is pushed to save money on licensing by patrick soderlund, EA.

• Bioware employees at one point moved to FIFA development to help Fifa with frostbite problems (wtf?) because Fifa = more $$$
  • Team fragmentation between A and B
    • Team A (devs of mass effect,DA) looks down on team B (devs of kotor, old republic games)

• Team B giving valuable feedback based on their experience with online games
      • Team A leadership just ignored it.
  • Mark Darrah came in and started taking decisions that made the game what it is today.
    • Shippable viable product in last 9 months
  • Lot of employees quitting because of stress. Taking "stress leave" because of the issues.
    • Leadership basically using bioware magic as excuse to churn out employees to make games at the last minute while being negligent of feedback and indecision.
  • EA not budging on release dates based on fiscal year.
    • Patrick Soderlund from EA being extremely focused on graphics and feel of the game instead of any in depth knowledge of game mechanics.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Damn, had developers going into empty rooms just to cry. Taking months of doctor mandated mental health vacation time :huhldup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The horrendous load times and tediousness of Tarsis are what keep me from jumping into this game regularly.
The Division 2 is a blast in small doses or in long sessions. That's my go to game right now aside from finishing up Red Dead Redemption 2 (which is gonna hurt my soul when it's over because I've grown to love that game).