Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I caved and copped the digital version last night.

If were able to burn through this game and all it had to offer in the first 2 weeks, then yeah youre prolly over it already.

But a busy nikka such as myself aint got free time like that so I slowly progressing along. I'm doing GM2 contracts and shyt now trying to make these builds. All in all, still having a blast with it and apparently we got some new shyt dropping next week :ehh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Big patch coming next week but shyt too late i aint coming back lol
patch thick as hell

:dead:

I'm with you on the waiting though. This is the first week I haven't really played like that and its mainly because loot keeps getting overhauled. I'm at the point where I'm min-maxing gear and when they start throwing new stuff into the equation it means its just not a good use of time in-game. I got other shyt to play and its not like I got clan obligations or something

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
patch thick as hell

:dead:

I'm with you on the waiting though. This is the first week I haven't really played like that and its mainly because loot keeps getting overhauled. I'm at the point where I'm min-maxing gear and when they start throwing new stuff into the equation it means its just not a good use of time in-game. I got other shyt to play and its not like I got clan obligations or something

Patch so damn long and its just to fix the content they already got :russ::francis: im only lvl 24 when i stopped. But i might wait for that cataclysm shyt to open up before i come back. Maybe by then theyll have fixed the loot issues and the health bug shyt

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So I'm about 3 hours in and like the game for the most part but a few things I'm not feeling:

The load times are often and horrendous.
Tarsis is a chore. Reminds me of the way the Traveler in Destiny is a chore. The whole, walking around, looking for people to speak to, and going to stores is something I wish devs would find a way to streamline and not make as time consuming.
So far the free roam has felt pointless. The game feels more like monster hunter than destiny to me. It's like you go to a hub, pick up a mission and go to it. I like the open world exploration of destiny, but I'm not far at all in Anthem so I don't know if this changes later.
Is this game limited to only 4 players in the open world? I haven't noticed any other players.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
So I'm about 3 hours in and like the game for the most part but a few things I'm not feeling:

Tarsis is a chore. Reminds me of the way the Traveler in Destiny is a chore. The whole, walking around, looking for people to speak to, and going to stores is something I wish devs would find a way to streamline and not make as time consuming.
So far the free roam has felt pointless. The game feels more like monster hunter than destiny to me. It's like you go to a hub, pick up a mission and go to it. I like the open world exploration of destiny, but I'm not far at all in Anthem so I don't know if this changes later.
Is this game limited to only 4 players in the open world? I haven't noticed any other players.
like just have these nikkas call or text you u shouldn't have to talk to nobody if u dont want to, especially in that janky ass bullshyt fort

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Bioware doesn't believe in covering up their load times at all - its bad lol

Yeah, Tarsis is a bit much. Its easy to see what they were going for but its just not cooked right. Later on you'll see some minor changes to the area based on what you do or what's going but it needs to be drastic for it to matter imo. I think you can just push triangle to skip walking and get straight to expeditions now. Free Roam early on in the game IS pointless. Its nice change later on when there's events going on and you're doing end game stuff but don't feel like hitting up longer missions. And yeah, Free Roam is 4 people tops.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Bioware doesn't believe in covering up their load times at all - its bad lol

Yeah, Tarsis is a bit much. Its easy to see what they were going for but its just not cooked right. Later on you'll see some minor changes to the area based on what you do or what's going but it needs to be drastic for it to matter imo. I think you can just push triangle to skip walking and get straight to expeditions now. Free Roam early on in the game IS pointless. Its nice change later on when there's events going on and you're doing end game stuff but don't feel like hitting up longer missions. And yeah, Free Roam is 4 people tops.
Yeah you can press triangle to go straight to the missions but you still have to walk around talking to people to unlock more missions which is whack, and the game doesn't really do much to really explain to you that that's what you have to do.
Free roam being pointless is a real shame.
I don't get why these games stick with this mundane hub concept for missions, stores, and upgrades. :francis:
It's always an incredible time waster and completely knocks the immersion off balance. Destiny does a much better job of this than Anthem and even still, they didn't get it right.
(As far as loot games go, Diablo 3 is hands down the best in terms of structure. None of this non-sense where you have to go to a hub to equip or change items/skills. No incredibly long load times. Just straight game play focus.)
Anyway, the game is dope, but honestly, so far, Destiny 2 crushes this game in almost every aspect.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah you can press triangle to go straight to the missions but you still have to walk around talking to people to unlock more missions which is whack, and the game doesn't really do much to really explain to you that that's what you have to do.
I don't get why these games stick with this mundane hub concept for missions, stores, and upgrades. :francis:
It's always an incredible time waster and completely knocks the immersion off balance. Destiny does a much better jIb of this than Anthem and even still, they didn't get it right.
(As far as loot games go, Diablo 3 is hands down the best in terms of structure. None of this non-sense where you have to go to a hub to equip or change items/skills. No incredibly long load times. Just straight game play focus.)
Anyway, the game is dope, but honestly, so far, Destiny 2 crushes this game in almost every aspect.
I got up to about level 30 in Borderlands 2 last week.

People really don't understand how far ahead of the game it was. The blueprint was there. Sanctuary was never as much of a chore as the tower or Tarsis or even the home ship of Warframe. I think the fukked up truth is that the majority of people actually like that shyt lol... I don't get it.

I gave D2 another run too. Got the season pass a while back so I'm kinda committed to checking in every now and then. The amount of shyt you have to google in that game in order to access NECESSARY stuff is absurd. Just exhausting to deal with...

But I feel you though. Anthem gonna be more like For Honor in the long run.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im really annoyed with this game but I do keep playing it when I decide to play a game. The problem I have with this shyt is obviously the drops. Theres no reason according to their own code that I shouldnt be getting MW drops when im doing GM2 runs. Its about half and half now where I will get a MW or Leg drop as opposed to getting a bunch of Level 38 Epic drops. Its fukking annoying. The other thing is GM 2-3 should really give us more difficult AI and bosses. I shouldnt have to empty an entire clip of a Level 61 MW rifle into a regular Scar grunt. Making your weapons weak, armor/shield paper thin and AI super spongey is fukking trash. Id rather spawn into a mission filled with Titans and Ursix than have a grunt take my Ultimate on the chin and damn near not die.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's always an incredible time waster and completely knocks the immersion off balance. Destiny does a much better job of this than Anthem and even still, they didn't get it right.
Question: Do Epic weapons/components max out a level 38? Cause every weapon and component I have that are purple are lvl 38. No 40s or 50s. Then all my masterworks gear are level 60s. Does it just skip 38+ and go straight to 60s?:dahell: My Ranger and Interceptor build is all MW or Legendary equips. My Storm has a mostly MW build, no Legendary and several Epic gear. My Colossus has alot of Level 38 Epic gear. I wouldnt mind epic drops if they were higher than level 38 but they ALL are 38. Im a bit confused on that and no one has the answer.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Question: Do Epic weapons/components max out a level 38? Cause every weapon and component I have that are purple are lvl 38. No 40s or 50s. Then all my masterworks gear are level 60s. Does it just skip 38+ and go straight to 60s?:dahell: My Ranger and Interceptor build is all MW or Legendary equips. My Storm has a mostly MW build, no Legendary and several Epic gear. My Colossus has alot of Level 38 Epic gear. I wouldnt mind epic drops if they were higher than level 38 but they ALL are 38. Im a bit confused on that and no one has the answer.
:heh:I have no clue what you're talking about breh. I just started the game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I got up to about level 30 in Borderlands 2 last week.

People really don't understand how far ahead of the game it was. The blueprint was there. Sanctuary was never as much of a chore as the tower or Tarsis or even the home ship of Warframe. I think the fukked up truth is that the majority of people actually like that shyt lol... I don't get it.

I gave D2 another run too. Got the season pass a while back so I'm kinda committed to checking in every now and then. The amount of shyt you have to google in that game in order to access NECESSARY stuff is absurd. Just exhausting to deal with...

But I feel you though. Anthem gonna be more like For Honor in the long run.
What do you mean by this?
I only played about 10 minutes of For Honor since it was free on PS+ and I didn't like the controls at all so I stopped.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What do you mean by this?
I only played about 10 minutes of For Honor since it was free on PS+ and I didn't like the controls at all so I stopped.
A game that came out barebones as fukk but had a gameplay/game loop that people fukked with

took them two or three seasons to get it together, but once they left the damage control phase shyt they grabbed momentum and never lost it again. I shyt on for honor HARD but its pretty much got that niche of gameplay locked down... Anthem is pretty much on the same trajectory, ironically.