Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Just came off a 4 hour gaming session and not 1 disconnect brehs:dwillhuh: the new patch really worked:blessed:

Last edited:

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
They broke the game again and nerfed loot again. But its gomna be so much better than d2 lmao

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this shyt crazy. it was easier to put up with destiny's shyt because i knew how bungie would do after a few years

they'd make some overhauls here and there, clean out the currency system, raise the light level, nerf shotguns and hunters again, easy

with this.... man, its hard to play even when you're enjoying a bug free night because you don't know how they're gonna shift stuff again. the loot change never hurt me too bad - i got a fukking Truth of Tarsis :lawd: during the dry spell. but this shyt is wild

they're adding components each patch too

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So where are you guys at with this one?
I liked the first Division game a lot and most of you already know I loved D2 despite all the criticism.
I'm always looking for a great 4 player co-op campaign game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I liked the first Division game a lot and most of you already know I loved D2 despite all the criticism.
I fukk with the gameplay heavy and the game looks great - but even if you can look past the bugs, its hard to keep playing when there's so much up in the air. Like already you can just hit expeditions from a button press instead of running around the ford, there's new gear getting introduced on patches not content drops, there's undoubtedly going to be a conversion system on materials soon and a crafting overhaul, etc

I've had this preordered since forever, but there's plenty in the pipeline. I'd definitely recommend waiting a bit.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I fukk with the gameplay heavy and the game looks great - but even if you can look past the bugs, its hard to keep playing when there's so much up in the air. Like already you can just hit expeditions from a button press instead of running around the ford, there's new gear getting introduced on patches not content drops, there's undoubtedly going to be a conversion system on materials soon and a crafting overhaul, etc

I've had this preordered since forever, but there's plenty in the pipeline. I'd definitely recommend waiting a bit.
Yeah I was leaning on waiting a little longer and hoping the division 2 has a solid release.
I didn't mind the bullet sponge aspect of the division 2 too much. I would prefer it didn't have it at all, but I've learned to live with it.
I just like a game I can play with my entire family and it not be just team death match stuff.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I still like this game, honestly the b*tching and moaning about it feels worse than the actual bugs.

I'm no longer crashing so that's good. Masterworks do seem rather far and in between now which I admit is a problem and the repetitive nature of some of the missions but I still like it. :manny:

We'll see how much burn it gets with me copping the gold edition of D2 to play early.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still like this game, honestly the b*tching and moaning about it feels worse than the actual bugs.

I'm no longer crashing so that's good. Masterworks do seem rather far and in between now which I admit is a problem and the repetitive nature of some of the missions but I still like it. :manny:

We'll see how much burn it gets with me copping the gold edition of D2 to play early.

D2 shyts all over this. Better missions and mission design, 0 crashes, no billion loading screens that are freakishly long, no stupid tomb mission where you gotta do achievements to progress the story, an actual stats page, no having to go back to base to equip weapons, etc

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
D2 shyts all over this. Better missions and mission design, 0 crashes, no billion loading screens that are freakishly long, no stupid tomb mission where you gotta do achievements to progress the story, an actual stats page, no having to go back to base to equip weapons, etc
breh no :russ:

those dumb ass reckoning modes are ass. timers and horde modes + these shyt ass standontheplate raid mechanics can kick rocks
yes that shyt still crashes all the time
patrol mode is literally filled with loading zones disguised as transition areas. just because you get to look around doesn't mean the game isn't loading - and matchmaking is still taking all damned day to find you matches and strikes
yes you absolutely have to do dumb shyt to progress the story whether it be wait for a public even on whothefukkknowswhere and hoping that you can either figure out the heroic mechanic yourself or that whatever randoms you're forced to play with in patrol mode don't fukk it up.
youre still forced to walk all over the tower and farm to progress story just like anthem lol or even worse you're forced to jump through hoops to use shyt you already own
the stats page is just as useless as it doesn't provide exact resistances or numerical value to the bonuses you're using. people have to run the numbers on "does more damage to x" all the time because the scaling is just as trash and bungie is even less forthcoming their sauce

also you've got currency overhauls every content patch so there ain't even a point to grinding
no idea when the next update is coming because they cycle is whenever they fukking feel like
pvp balance has gone from stringent to an afterthought, they have no idea what they want to do with that entire half of the game
don't like gambit? here's more gambit
stale ass enemies we've seen for the past 5 years. innovation? we heard you like hive so here's ice hive. fallen? cyber fallen. also zombie fallen.
the same stale ass abilities and the same outright refusal to allow players to pick their own combinations because it would force them to balance shyt again...

destiny ain't even worth checking for until destiny 3. they've done all they can

i fukk with destiny heavy but they got no fukkin clue what they're doing. this first content drop after activision proves it wasn't activision either. their level and gameplay design is getting progressively worse

i hope borderlands 3 comes back and bodies everyone

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

Its got good gameplay. Biggest complaints seem to be loot, bugs, and lack of content at the moment.

I'm not really far enough to really understand the loot issues as I just reached endgame but I also don't mind a bit of grind. There are even quests that are guaranteed to drop some of the highest tiered loot; the complaint here is that you might have bad luck on the bonuses the loot has. Unless you're the min-maxing type and/or want to breeze through the harder difficulties this isn't a big deal IMO.

There are some annoying bugs and questionable design decisions(like how scaling works) but I haven't experienced anything gamebreaking. Bioware seems dedicated on supporting the game and they just recently released a pretty heavy patch so as long as they're consistent I think these issues will clear up over time.

Content is pretty sparse and alot of missions feel samey; more content would be nice but I personally don't mind the mission structure. I imagine they'll be posting more content in time. Take my word on the mission structure with a grain of salt as I'm someone who's put about 300 Hours in MHW :pachaha:

Basically if you got the money and time to spare I'd say get it now, especially if you're a fan of the core gameplay of Mass Effect as this is a souped up version of it. If there are other games you're interested in or you're on the fence just wait a couple of months for them to patch the game up.