Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
-Combat is pretty basic but it’s mostly because trash ass AI, the fact that it’s hard to keep track of priority enemies due to the massive amount of explosions and effects, and the boring enemies. That plus the glitches that cause projectile weapons to hit you even though they’re invisible plus a bunch of hit scan weapons is annoying as hell.

The locations are also really boring because the game has to take your flying in account. I’d like it more if the game funneled you into tighter spaces where your flying was limited. It could honestly take some cues from Ace Combat which breeds creativity in combat scenarios by nerfing or removing your strongest options.

The mission structure is also annoying as fukk because the lack of variety and the fact that the game forces me to do achievements to progress the story and open up the tombs. Not even getting into the trash ass map, the lack of markers for world events, and the trash ass loading screens (And I played Bloodbore pre-patch)
The combat is easy as hell out the gate too. A lot of the enemies (basically anyone that isn't Dominion) won't even be able to get a rhythm going or show what they're about if you're good about keeping pressure up. I think difficulty is in such a weird spot where you're either laying out crazy oppression or watching your whole team get pushed back to the front door. I think one thing the game needs more than anything is an enemy aerial armored unit.

Definitely agree about the locations and map stuff too. Its weird how the map will tell you which direction your teammate is looking and your exact flight path, but won't let you ping or set a waypoint.

I think they gotta disguise the loading better too. That's what a lot of other games have been doing for years.

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
The user metacritic score is a bunch of bs. I have no intentions of getting this game because I don’t like online games, but the reviewers are saying the game is at least okay. Probably not worth $60, but it’s not FO76 levels of bad.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this game is so bad why is most of my friends list playing this game all day yesterday and today..

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
I enjoy the game. At level 30 with Storm and I’m just alternating between Strongholds and Contracts and Free Roam. I expect it to get better when they add more patches and content. Once they get shyt going this can be a real decent game. Playing with the different builds of Masterworks, Lengendary and Epic gear got me out here bodying shyt nikka

:pachaha:

I get some of the hate for the lack of content and polish to the game but I’ve seen games that are worse than this get higher praise

:manny:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I enjoy the game. At level 30 with Storm and I’m just alternating between Strongholds and Contracts and Free Roam. I expect it to get better when they add more patches and content. Once they get shyt going this can be a real decent game. Playing with the different builds of Masterworks, Lengendary and Epic gear got me out here bodying shyt nikka

I get some of the hate for the lack of content and polish to the game but I’ve seen games that are worse than this get higher praise

Am I the only one here that like a this game?:lupe:

brehs this game is lit, especially with a dope crew that communicates. I would be in here going back and forth with the naysayers too, but nikka I'm too busy playing/ enjoying the game :heh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
brehs this game is lit, especially with a dope crew that communicates. I would be in here going back and forth with the naysayers too, but nikka I'm too busy playing/ enjoying the game :heh:
Thread got 18 pages and people think its because of impartial opinions that got nothing to do with EA/Bioware dramatic retellings :mjlol:

Game is crack, and if I can ever nail down a solid autocannon I'm going back to Colossus

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Honestly EA/Bioware could have taken this game's content/gameplay and added it to Mass Effect Andromeda. :yeshrug:

I woudn't be surprised a lot of the hate is coming from Mass Effect fans.

exactly, its a half assed attempt to cash in on onlinge gaming. They could have kept working on mass effect and just had this be the multiplayer.. this could have been the paid dlc for andromeda,

This and fallout 76 is an example of two big companies ruining their reputation by making the games nobody wanted just cause they think online is a good way to nickle and dime their customers

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

bruh the game just came out how the fukk are u level 30

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
exactly, its a half assed attempt to cash in on onlinge gaming. They could have kept working on mass effect and just had this be the multiplayer.. this could have been the paid dlc for andromeda,

This and fallout 76 is an example of two big companies ruining their reputation by making the games nobody wanted just cause they think online is a good way to nickle and dime their customers
...i thought people would've realized this was just just some fukk EA business and typical mob mentality when Anthem was lower than No Man's fukking Sky on metacritic

but comparing this to fallout 76, on purpose, goes to show what public opinion what can do whether its right or wrong. like look at what you're trying to say - "half assed attempt to cash in" the half assed attempt to cash in was battlefield 5. that game had entire portions of the main menu behind either paywalls or coming soon labels. they tried to get their consumers to market for them by creating controversy on purpose with the sexism fake flex and even still bank on battle royale too. and its not even the first time BF has put out a half assed money grab - there was battlefield hardline before that. oh another half assed money grab? far cry new dawn reusing assets like its a tradition of the series now... this is manufactured energy, not your own because individuals are consistent. narratives aren't

"paid dlc for andromeda" just no :mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
...i thought people would've realized this was just just some fukk EA business and typical mob mentality when Anthem was lower than No Man's fukking Sky on metacritic

but comparing this to fallout 76, on purpose, goes to show what public opinion what can do whether its right or wrong. like look at what you're trying to say - "half assed attempt to cash in" the half assed attempt to cash in was battlefield 5. that game had entire portions of the main menu behind either paywalls or coming soon labels. they tried to get their consumers to market for them by creating controversy on purpose with the sexism fake flex and even still bank on battle royale too. and its not even the first time BF has put out a half assed money grab - there was battlefield hardline before that. oh another half assed money grab? far cry new dawn reusing assets like its a tradition of the series now...

"paid dlc for andromeda" just no :mjlol:
Not that I care for IGN but they said the game has potential to be good, once they fix the bugs and make some tweaks, that tells me this game is incomplete.

Im saying they ruined one franchise to make another game that isnt great,