Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I love that the people who are trying to force themselves to like this game keep blaming youtube critics and such, nah nikka any sane person can play this for a few hours and see that its dogshyt.

The beta killed my interest.

Yeah, I know "beta". But participating in that mess told me that shyt wasn't for me.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Cognitive bias is a bytch
That user score on meta :picard:

I haven't been paying attention since I decided to skip this game but I didn't think it would be this bad.
It ain't bad at all.

People just decided to take out their EA hate on this one. Seen this shyt coming from months away.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Cognitive bias is a bytch

It ain't bad at all.

People just decided to take out their EA hate on this one. Seen this shyt coming from months away.

While its true that there is a lot of bias in the scores this game is getting, the game at best is a 7/10 which is poor for a game in development for so long made by Bioware.

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
It ain't bad at all.

The game is awful. You seen it coming months away? What? People love Bioware, if anyone under EA should be able to put out a good game its them, but they've failed their past 2 tries.

People have listed many reasons why the game sucks and all you can say is that its bias.

Lets go again then.

The combat is relatively boring. The weapons are boring to shoot, Bioware did a poor job of making them feel powerful, the feedback is a joke. The powers can be fun, but why is the variety so limited? How can Bioware go from the Mass Effect universe of powers and techs, to this? This combat is a budget, reject clone of ME3/MEA multiplayer, which both did it better (ME3 being supreme). Really, go ahead and load up either one of those games right now and jump into a MP match, I guarantee you will have a experience that's actually fun.

And why does damn near every weapon look the same? None of them at all feel unique. You think you're going to see some awful badass shyt once you real max level? Think again, its the same, with some higher numbers.

End game? What end game, there isn't any. Run the same stronghold over and over again? The same one that nikkas at lvl 10 are doing? Wait for them to add more exciting challenges, such as open 15 more crates? Atleast they have some sort of plan with this roadmap bullshyt they put out, stuff that should already be in the game, a game they've supposedly been working on for years.

Is someone in the party dead? Well, you better be looking in that direction to see the icon, because otherwise, there is no screen notice at all that someone is downed. Are you the dead person? Whelp, better hope they see you, also, you can even access the menu while downed, you cant do shyt. If the team isn't paying attention, you may as well go grab something to drink or take a piss.

Dare to explore during a mission? Hell, not even explore, but want to pick up that item you saw on the way? Better be quick, cause we're going to throw you into another loading screen to catch you up to the furthest party member, better hope you have good hardware, because by the time you load again, half the fight may be over.

Lets talk about Fort Whatever its called. Filled with boring, lame ass npcs. We're going to force the player to go around after every mission and have shytty conversations with them, 95% of them are awful and completely forgettable. Also, you can't even run through this place, we're going to slow down your speed to a crawl, to force you to look at our amazing work we did building this useless shyt. It honestly feels like something from an earlier version of the game, that they refused to toss out, so they came up with a reason to make us see it. Can't even have a straight hour of fun playing this game, because its interrupted by having to sulk around this miserable ass hub.

The story isn't so bad. I only barely pay attention during the actual cutscenes, I can't bring myself to sit through the conversations, so i skip through them.

What in the flying fukk have Bioware been doing all this time? They fukked over Mass Effect for this? One of their best franchises, for some shyt thats barely making it out of the gate? EA can't even be blamed for all of this, much of the problems is just poor game design, much of which could have been fixed if they bothered to do actual QA testing. Anthem is a last dying breath of a once great studio.

Sure some reviewers and internet folk are being haters, but many have actually played this trash, thanks EA for letting me spend $15 to try it.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
While its true that there is a lot of bias in the scores this game is getting, the game at best is a 7/10 which is poor for a game in development for so long made by Bioware.
Bioware games have always been shyt at release before patches though :dead: that's another thing too - people acting like Bioware was some mythic, amazing studio that did no wrong until EA came around. Bioware specifically is known for having to patch the hell out of their games - they were always held in esteem against studios like Bethesda because their continued support was better. Bioware's day one products have always been jank and until the patch generation began, they had to rely on unofficial patches to fix entire releases.

Gaming consumers turn into mobs good or bad all the time and this is just the first one of the year with a lot of pent up energy for a studio that they never even were that loyal to in the first place. A lot of the criticisms aren't even full criticisms, they're just flat out preachy and its ridiculous just look at what one positive comment did :mjlol:
The game is awful. You seen it coming months away? What? People love Bioware, if anyone under EA should be able to put out a good game its them, but they've failed their past 2 tries.

People have listed many reasons why the game sucks and all you can say is that its bias.

Lets go again then.

The combat is relatively boring. The weapons are boring to shoot, Bioware did a poor job of making them feel powerful, the feedback is a joke. The powers can be fun, but why is the variety so limited? How can Bioware go from the Mass Effect universe of powers and techs, to this? This combat is a budget, reject clone of ME3/MEA multiplayer, which both did it better (ME3 being supreme).

And why does damn near every weapon look the same? None of them at all feel unique. You think you're going to see some awful badass shyt once you real max level? Think again, its the same, with some higher numbers.

End game? What end game, there isn't any. Run the same stronghold over and over again? The same one that nikkas at lvl 10 are doing? Wait for them to add more exciting challenges, such as open 15 more crates? Atleast they have some sort of plan with this roadmap bullshyt they put out, stuff that should already be in the game, a game they've supposedly been working on for years.

Is someone in the party dead? Well, you better be looking in that direction to see the icon, because otherwise, there is no screen notice at all that someone is downed. Are you the dead person? Whelp, better hope they see you, also, you can even access the menu while downed, you cant do shyt. If the team isn't paying attention, you may as well go grab something to drink or take a piss.

Dare to explore during a mission? Hell, not even explore, but want to pick up that item you saw on the way? Better be quick, cause we're going to throw you into another loading screen to catch you up to the furthest party member, better hope you have good hardware, because by the time you load again, half the fight may be over.

Lets talk about Fort Whatever its called. Filled with boring, lame ass npcs. We're going to force the player to go around after every mission and have shytty conversations with them, 95% of them are awful and completely forgettable. Also, you can't even run through this place, we're going to slow down your speed to a crawl, to force you to look at our amazing work we did building this useless shyt. It honestly feels like something from an earlier version of the game, that they refused to toss out, so they came up with a reason to make us see it. Can't even have a straight hour of fun playing this game, because its interrupted by having to sulk around this miserable ass hub.

The story isn't so bad. I only barely pay attention during the actual cutscenes, I can't bring myself to sit through the conversations, so i skip through them.

What in the flying fukk have Bioware been doing all this time? They fukked over Mass Effect for this? One of their best franchises, for some shyt thats barely making it out of the gate? EA can't even be blamed for all of this, much of the problems is just poor game design, much of which could have been fixed if they bothered to do actual QA testing. Anthem is a last dying breath of a once great studio.
I'm gonna go through this line by line because fukk it, someone gotta be unbias. I was unbias about God of War prior to release and I'll do it here too. shyt, I even said Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet was a better complete game than Destiny 2 :francis:

Yes, months away. Because people were already shytting on this game for not being single player or primarily story driven like it was an RPG since its inception. People also blamed Anthem for Andromeda being shyt. Most people had considered Bioware formally dead after ME:A ESPECIALLY after it wasn't even allowed to continue a DLC or long term support cycle. We're not gonna play revisionist history on all the reasons why this Anthem had a bullseye on it. I was one of the first - and I got over it is all. I'm reading this line by line so I'm gonna guess this is gonna lead to a "This is the end of Bioware" thing at some point later on too. Bioware as everyone knows it has BEEN dead or thoroughly changed for good since before Andromeda even released. That's not even EA, that's the nature of the business.

Combat is not boring. If yal play Division, and that's not boring then calling this boring is COMPLETELY bold faced lying. This combat isn't even average. Its damn good. The problem with people coming into a game without some crazy immersive story upfront is that you're just left with the tools they give you out the gate. And like any other early game, its dry because its early game. The combat is damned good. Most people talking aint even been through the first stronghold which is really early in the game as well. Its dope, and they don't hold your hand through it either.

The weapons? uhhh... yeah? they do wayyy more shyt at high level. If its anything like other games in the genre the aesthetic is gonna change with the content that it comes from. when it comes to what the weapons do? there's plainly plenty to make entire gear sets over right now. my dude got a GM1 colossus that don't even shoot people

Endgame - its not a flat endgame, its tiered. So when people say "max level" and "just run strongholds" over and over again, it shows they don't know what the fukk they're talking about and comparing this to Destiny's end game. There is no max level, and with every increase in difficulty the fights change accordingly. Unless you've seen GM3 - and no one has - then you don't know what end game is. In a tiered a progression system, EVERY activity can be turned into endgame :dead: again, people just talking out their ass and echoing others.

Is someone in the party dead? Go get them and keep an eye on where people are (like you should be doing in the first place if you're playing like you should). Maybe if guys weren't so wrapped up in the gameplay you'd notice :jbhmm:

And this shyt about not being able to explore during missions?

Are you serious :mjlol: We got patrol modes, free play, etc in every looter shooter out there. Yes, inconsiderate gamer, people aren't gonna want to put up with you taking the scenic route during a group matchmade mission. Take your ass to freeplay or turn your matchmaking settings to private. The fukk kinda echoed complaint is this...

Tarsis and NPCs? There's a skip button :dead: and later on you barely even need to go there because you get the launch bay :dead: we acting like looter shooters dont have hub areas with NPCs now? :dead: people crying about anthem's setup don't know how good they got it. shyt, there's just ONE hub area. yal never had to jump from planet to planet and warp through different clan towers...

and as for what bioware has been doing? dropping a GaaS model type game requires a different framework for development. You don't just drop a game off at release and leave. You need the structure in place to provide quick updates (lol destiny) and provide a solid feedback/follow up loop (lol division) that build on itself without requiring huge overhauls (everything). And ffs... they put out more updates in a week than Destiny 2 did in 5 months.

And I'm not saying the game is without criticism. I've been talking about it and will continue to do so. There's a huge issue IMO with the way that build details aren't summed and how some damage indicators could be done better.

Yal extra and you know it...

But I got all my mass effect baggage out of my system a long ass time ago :hubie: I'd probably feel the same way if I thought Bioware was flawless and EA was the devil

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bioware games have always been shyt at release before patches though :dead: that's another thing too - people acting like Bioware was some mythic, amazing studio that did no wrong until EA came around. Bioware specifically is known for having to patch the hell out of their games - they were always held in esteem against studios like Bethesda because their continued support was better. Bioware's day one products have always been jank and until the patch generation began, they had to rely on unofficial patches to fix entire releases.

Gaming consumers turn into mobs good or bad all the time and this is just the first one of the year with a lot of pent up energy for a studio that they never even were that loyal to in the first place. A lot of the criticisms aren't even full criticisms, they're just flat out preachy and its ridiculous just look at what one positive comment did :mjlol:

I'm gonna go through this line by line because fukk it, someone gotta be unbias. I was unbias about God of War prior to release and I'll do it here too. shyt, I even said Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet was a better complete game than Destiny 2 :francis:

Yes, months away. Because people were already shytting on this game for not being single player or primarily story driven like it was an RPG since its inception. People also blamed Anthem for Andromeda being shyt. Most people had considered Bioware formally dead after ME:A ESPECIALLY after it wasn't even allowed to continue a DLC or long term support cycle. We're not gonna play revisionist history on all the reasons why this Anthem had a bullseye on it. I was one of the first - and I got over it is all. I'm reading this line by line so I'm gonna guess this is gonna lead to a "This is the end of Bioware" thing at some point later on too. Bioware as everyone knows it has BEEN dead or thoroughly changed for good since before Andromeda even released. That's not even EA, that's the nature of the business.

Combat is not boring. If yal play Division, and that's not boring then calling this boring is COMPLETELY bold faced lying. This combat isn't even average. Its damn good. The problem with people coming into a game without some crazy immersive story upfront is that you're just left with the tools they give you out the gate. And like any other early game, its dry because its early game. The combat is damned good. Most people talking aint even been through the first stronghold which is really early in the game as well. Its dope, and they don't hold your hand through it either.

The weapons? uhhh... yeah? they do wayyy more shyt at high level. If its anything like other games in the genre the aesthetic is gonna change with the content that it comes from. when it comes to what the weapons do? there's plainly plenty to make entire gear sets over right now. my dude got a GM1 colossus that don't even shoot people

Endgame - its not a flat endgame, its tiered. So when people say "max level" and "just run strongholds" over and over again, it shows they don't know what the fukk they're talking about and comparing this to Destiny's end game. There is no max level, and with every increase in difficulty the fights change accordingly. Unless you've seen GM3 - and no one has - then you don't know what end game is. In a tiered a progression system, EVERY activity can be turned into endgame :dead: again, people just talking out their ass and echoing others.

Is someone in the party dead? Go get them and keep an eye on where people are (like you should be doing in the first place if you're playing like you should). Maybe if guys weren't so wrapped up in the gameplay you'd notice :jbhmm:

And this shyt about not being able to explore during missions?

Are you serious :mjlol: We got patrol modes, free play, etc in every looter shooter out there. Yes, inconsiderate gamer, people aren't gonna want to put up with you taking the scenic route during a group matchmade mission. Take your ass to freeplay or turn your matchmaking settings to private. The fukk kinda echoed complaint is this...

Tarsis and NPCs? There's a skip button :dead: and later on you barely even need to go there because you get the launch bay :dead: we acting like looter shooters dont have hub areas with NPCs now? :dead: people crying about anthem's setup don't know how good they got it. shyt, there's just ONE hub area. yal never had to jump from planet to planet and warp through different clan towers...

and as for what bioware has been doing? dropping a GaaS model type game requires a different framework for development. You don't just drop a game off at release and leave. You need the structure in place to provide quick updates (lol destiny) and provide a solid feedback/follow up loop (lol division) that build on itself without requiring huge overhauls (everything). And ffs... they put out more updates in a week than Destiny 2 did in 5 months.

And I'm not saying the game is without criticism. I've been talking about it and will continue to do so. There's a huge issue IMO with the way that build details aren't summed and how some damage indicators could be done better.

Yal extra and you know it...

But I got all my mass effect baggage out of my sister a long ass time ago :hubie: I'd probably feel the same way if I thought Bioware was flawless and EA was the devil

-Combat is pretty basic but it’s mostly because trash ass AI, the fact that it’s hard to keep track of priority enemies due to the massive amount of explosions and effects, and the boring enemies. That plus the glitches that cause projectile weapons to hit you even though they’re invisible plus a bunch of hit scan weapons is annoying as hell.

The locations are also really boring because the game has to take your flying in account. I’d like it more if the game funneled you into tighter spaces where your flying was limited. It could honestly take some cues from Ace Combat which breeds creativity in combat scenarios by nerfing or removing your strongest options.

The mission structure is also annoying as fukk because the lack of variety and the fact that the game forces me to do achievements to progress the story and open up the tombs. Not even getting into the trash ass map, the lack of markers for world events, and the trash ass loading screens (And I played Bloodbore pre-patch)